Music

The Igbo Gospel Version of Rihanna’s “Work” by Emma OhMaGod (feat. Sis Nkechi) & your favourite Comedians

Emma OhMaGod is back with another parody music video! This re-work is for Rihanna‘s mega-hit Work.

The video has cameos from a lot of popular Nigerian comedians including Aphrican Ape, Chief Obi, Evangel Okafor, Frank Donga, Twyse, MC Prince, Nedu, Larry Foreman and Big Bash.

It was shot by Jude Fab-Obi.

Watch!

1. Mr. Egghead

April 10, 2016 at 7:49 pm

It started with a bang but went out with a sputter.

Good effort tho

2. Lomo

April 10, 2016 at 8:01 pm

Haha. So ti gbo?

3. Wunmi

April 10, 2016 at 8:28 pm

I love it.Way to end my Sunday.
    Where is Olajumoke o?

4. Felinda

April 10, 2016 at 8:38 pm

you guys are crazy 🙂 🙂 🙂 🙂 – i cant breath sef

5. December Wind

April 10, 2016 at 8:49 pm

I’m no saint , I’m don’t make it to church some Sundays for lame reasons but let’s talk about blasphemy.

From my own understanding , I think it’s using the name of the Lord in vain . some jokes that are being cracked by our comedians using the name of God can be dicey ..
    I even laugh to some of these jokes .

It’s quite awkward when you give it a second thought and wonder how God feels about these jokes . We might not be aware of what we are doing.. But let’s be guarded…

• Peace

June 3, 2016 at 10:00 am

It’s not broda omini knowest

6. Anonymous

April 10, 2016 at 9:05 pm

I actually agree with this

7. Naomi

April 10, 2016 at 9:33 pm

These comedians need to do better, not everytime dress up as women to crack jokes and make fun of women, crack original jokes haba.
    The funny people on IG are crazeclown, iamkanmi, ebiye, therealfemi,pulsetv guys too coz they are practical,
    mama tobi n dami we r tired of seeing you dress up as women and mothers.
    EmmaOMG after the davido spoof u dint impress again, comedianebiye is taking over sef.

• Hills

April 10, 2016 at 9:52 pm

As in, it really creeps me out seeing men dressing as women

• Idomagirl

April 12, 2016 at 7:32 pm

Many of them are using this “comedy” to live out their crossdressing fantasies.

8. Abu

April 10, 2016 at 10:37 pm

@Naomi, do you know @Twyse_116

9. Gorgeous

April 11, 2016 at 12:26 am

Lmao. My Igbo people I hail. Thank God Se una don step up now. Those gospels of those days were just ROTFL. So funny…. These guys got it exactly Biko. The one that used to amaze me was how people can smile widely and manage to sing. They must sha always give this unnatural grin and let’s not even go to the choreography and Aso ebi for the choreography.

10. Hmmm

April 11, 2016 at 12:45 am

Tywse_116 is d bomb as far as im concernd dudes got raw talent God bless him megaly

11. anonymous

April 11, 2016 at 12:56 am

people of God, biko calm down..it is actually preaching disguised in comedy..so many angry folks without a sense of humour…self righteous much

12. Ginger

April 11, 2016 at 2:14 am

I actually found this so hilarious then I got to the comment section and I was like,… Huh ?
    Nigerians and their misplaced self-righteousness. First to jump and shout religion, last to practice Chritianity in its true form.
    I can’t actually imagine how this relates to this “blasphemy” Do you guys know what BLASPHEMY is? When did he use the Lord’s name in vain? Or did you guys write this because it’s what you think you’re meant to think?

You people should just be outright with your transphobic “I hate to see men dressed as women” rather than put down these comedians’ craft. After all this religion shout now, can you people say you’ve criticised their work as kindly and with as much love as true Christians? *yimu*
    When it comes to empathy (read any BN article on feminism), common sense (Ibinabo saga), and kindness (BN who wore it best), Nigerians are in last place, but once they mention religion you people get excited, where is the sense in how you people practice this religion?

• Peace

June 3, 2016 at 10:02 am

Thx joor no mind does bad belle dat don’t know anything inside d Bible.

13. Chi

April 11, 2016 at 5:46 am

“Especially UNILAG, those of you that were black before……….” ???

14. GODBLESS...USALL

April 11, 2016 at 6:17 am

…Ogbeni Emma’O’MyGod!!! betwhy are you always using my name in your skits…it has been my dream for an artist to sing with my name(Flavour Nwannem, I am referring to you)…alas (for the second time running)…it is used to summon men dressed as women…I ask again, BETWHY? abi nah your chikito name…?

15. Deeza

April 11, 2016 at 8:32 am

I enjoyed every bit of this video, lmao..

16. Trock

April 11, 2016 at 12:21 pm

All you hypocrites, if you can’t relate with this hilarious skit, then u gat issues! It was a lovely and soo funny skit! I loved it so much especially the guy with the beard. Guys…this is a comedy skit and dressing up in women clothes and making reference to religion is his thing…everybody has what makes them particular and EmmaOMG is so talented and original. EmmaOMG…well done as you really made my day!!!!

17. HAHAHA

April 11, 2016 at 12:51 pm

LMAO this cracked me up real good. BTW EmmaOMG, see your midget head for that UNILAG statement.

18. KMT

April 11, 2016 at 9:26 pm

Loooooooool LMAO!!!!

19. Peace

June 3, 2016 at 9:32 am

All u people dat are saying he is blasphemy, how sure are you that u will enter heaven. Remember thou shall not judge let God be d judge himself. Nigerians with bad belle. Emma kip up d good work.

20. Peace

June 3, 2016 at 9:58 am

Bad belle people dem make una leave d guy alone. Omini knowest dem.

21. Baby joy