Events

That Time when Governor Segun Mimiko came Out to Support Omoni Oboli & Uche Jombo at the Cinemas

Omoni Oboli, Olusegun Mimiko and Uche Jombo

Omoni Oboli is moving from city to city to meet her fans and draw up support for her new movie ‘Wives on Strike’.

She recently went to Akure with Uche Jombo and the Governor of Ondo state, Olusegun Mimiko came out to watch the movie with Omoni and her fans.

Her Instagram post reads;

The movement#WivesOnStrike has been endorsed by Governor Olusegun Mimiko!!! ????????? Thank you so much sir for honoring us at our #MeetAndGreet and watching the entire movie with us!

Yes Akure honored us and we are humbled by this grand reception. I have now officially adopted Akure as my 4th home cc @biolaalabi

Akure is bae ??? #WivesOnStrike#TheBestComedySeenInYears#ThisIsHowWeRoll #gohardorgohome#NollywoodInvestor#wifemotheractressproducerdirectorwriter

A photo posted by Omoni Oboli (@omonioboli) on

It’s good to see that a Governor supports the arts… Really good!

1. george

April 13, 2016 at 2:54 pm

see unnecessarily hype!!

2. momo

April 13, 2016 at 4:02 pm

dear george, what is wrong with two women hussling to make ends meet? if u cant say something positive, why not keep shut?

• george

April 13, 2016 at 9:26 pm

i guess ur right from dat perspective but i am judging from a creative side!! and pls dont shut me up again .u state ur comment and move along!

3. Agro

April 13, 2016 at 4:54 pm

I have to do this. I just have to. I watched this movie yesterday. It was money well spent. I have no regrets at all. I bought the ticket and then started regretting and wanted to sell it right there. Just kukuma said I should just watch. My God….I was so impressed! We all clapped at the end. Taking my mum and my sister to watch it also.
    Well done ladies. Thumbs up! I will go on twitter to canvass for this as thats my only sm account.

4. j'suis belle

April 13, 2016 at 5:19 pm

congrates girls,but omoni oboli looks sick on the first pix

• OhNahNah!

April 13, 2016 at 6:26 pm

WTF is “congrates” and “on the first pix” ? I’m guessing that you meant to say “congrats” and “in the first pix”. Choi! English language has suffered.

• ROTFL

April 23, 2016 at 9:53 pm

OMG! You Don take laugh finish me O! Rotflol!

5. coded

April 13, 2016 at 11:41 pm

I am just here wondering how Omoni Oboli pulls out all these politicians to come watch her movies sha…

• Tee

April 14, 2016 at 10:23 am

When what your work is good, you don’t need to pull ’em out. Everybody gravitates towards good stuff…..naturally.

6. xplorenollywood.com

April 14, 2016 at 10:08 am

Lol… one sitting governor and one former president is all these politicians! Na wa oh! Isn’t it on BN we saw the way Fifty pull all the creme de la creme of society! There was nothing there cos it’s Mo right? Give the girl a break. As far as I’m concerned, it is to support the arts which if given the opportunity can be a big game changer for the economy. So let’s appreciate.

7. momo

April 14, 2016 at 1:39 pm

dear george, i never made a direct statement asking you to shut up, it was an advice ..i quote once again ‘why not keep shut’.