Scoop

Must Watch Trailer! Yvonne Okoro, Nkem Owoh, Helen Paul, Blossom Chukwujekwu & More star in “Ghana Must Go”

GMG potrait (1)

We can’t wait to watch the much anticipated movie ‘Ghana Must Go’ produced by the award-winning Ghanaian-Nigerian actress Yvonne Okoro.

The movie, set to hit Nigerian cinemas in June 2016, was directed by Frank Rajah and stars Yvonne Okoro, Ik Ogbonna, Blossom Chukwujekwu, Helen Paul, Ada Ameh and Nkem Owoh popularly known as Osuofia.

Set in Accra, Ghana, the comedy revolves around two young lovers who are of Nigerian and Ghanaian origin. Yvonne Okoro plays the role of Ama, a London based Ghanaian lady who brings her Nigerian boyfriend, Chuks played by Blossom Chukwujekwu, home to meet her parents resulting in all hell being let loose. Ama’s parents especially her father refuse to give their blessings to their relationship, citing historical happenings between both neighbouring nations as reason for not accepting Chuks. The series of events that play out test the love and marriage of the young couple in the most hilarious and unexpected ways.

Watch the trailer below.

‘Ghana Must Go’ premieres on Friday, 3rd of June, 2016, in Lagos, Nigeria.

1. sabrina

May 13, 2016 at 12:17 pm

wow, hilarious. cant wait. NKEM OWOH AND HELEN PAUL

2. MUM

May 17, 2016 at 11:09 am

i aready started smiling as i cant wait to watch d movie. the so much drama in d industry dis days has ben mean we need a break from it by watching dis kind of movie. d country is hard and we need to laugh.

3. Jenny

May 17, 2016 at 11:11 am

My lovely legendary Nkem Owoh!!!!! Can’t wait. Much respect sir

4. Blossombeautyfinesse

May 17, 2016 at 11:22 am

It’s “towel” make it simple…[email protected] Paul ???

5. Sweets

May 17, 2016 at 11:36 am

Nice and funny ..

6. Billionaire in grace

May 17, 2016 at 12:49 pm

I like I like I like I hope it will be on iroko tv

7. Tunmi

May 17, 2016 at 1:11 pm

This looks fun. And it’ll have a lesson in history too

8. AmaPra Twia(Ghana)

May 17, 2016 at 2:49 pm

I wonder why they didn’t give Yvonne an Ewe name since her mother is Ewe. Instead they gave her an Akan name, Ama.

• Akua

May 17, 2016 at 5:51 pm

You kraa why??

9. Immigration Calling.

May 17, 2016 at 7:38 pm

@Akua, THANK YOU! I’m sorry but this babe has issues! Please tell her to remove that “(Ghana)” she keeps attaching to her name. It’s like a fifth columnist. Like someone was paid or set out with a mission to embarrass Ghana and Ghanaians on this blog. Other countries have told her off; I’m glad to see now Ghanaians too are. It wouldn’t be so bad if all the Ghanaians, or most of them, who do read this blog indicated by their handles/names that they are, so she, and her deep issues, prejudices, irrationality, and unintelligent and pointless statements wouldn’t stick out so much. She just sets herself up to be lampooned practically every time she types/speaks. Unfortunately, when she attacks Nigerians in their Nigerianness i.e. their nationality, this, of course, provokes retaliatory attacks also on Ghana and Ghanaians as a nation and people, so, she is not just a harmless source of comic relief but an agent of hate, and this is not good.

10. Henry

May 17, 2016 at 8:29 pm

This looks interesting, unlike omoni wives on strike, ye ye film, I must see this one, I Don dey laugh already

11. nene

May 17, 2016 at 9:09 pm

i’ve missed nkwm owoh! would definitely watch this

12. Pretty girl

May 17, 2016 at 11:37 pm

Pls irko tv I hope u guys are seeing this thriller u guys had better upload it oh because I can’t be wasting my money on rubbish biko. Thank u