Scoop

Are You Ready for “Lasgidi Cops: Special Crimes Unit”? Watch the Trailer of the Crime Series starring Joke Silva, Bimbo Akintola & More!

BellaNaija.com

Lasgidi Cops - BN Movies & TV - July 2014 - BellaNaija.com 01

We first brought you the scoop about “Lasgidi Cops: Special Crimes Unit” in 2014 and since then we’ve been eagerly awaiting the series.

The show is set to premiere this weekend, Saturday 4th of June at 7PM on Africa Magic (Channel 151) and we can’t wait to keep up with the action.

“Lasgidi Cops: Special Crimes Unit” is a crime series based on Lagos State starring Joke Silva, Femi Branch, Keppy Ekpeyong, Bimbo Akintola, Wole Ojo, Adesua Etomi, Kehinde Bankole, Kelechi Udegbe, Olumide Oworu and many others.

It centers on a serious cabal planning dastardly acts of crime to take over Lagos to cause chaos to their financial advantage and this forces the Governor to set up a Special Crimes Unit to address the assault. The Commissioner of Police is not happy about this and the cabal too. In the midst of all ‎this is an investigative crime reporter Asake Jones who wants to be the first to let the public know the true events transpiring in the crime underworld. The show centres on how their paths all cross and who succeeds.

“Lasgidi Cops: Special Crimes Unit” was produced by Asake Productions and was directed by OLA.

Watch the trailer below.

1. Ethio

June 3, 2016 at 9:45 am

Nigerian csi:Miami lols it better make sense. I’m waiting for a Nigerian fantasy series that will make sense like mad, then I’ll be interested in Nigerian series

2. ElessarisElendil

June 3, 2016 at 10:37 am

I’m glad its has top-notch female leading ladies but there’s so much great entertainment these days, I just don’t see myself wasting my time watching a clearly derivative crime show. Nigerian show-runners need to get creative, they’re competing globally.

Like Ethio said, a Nigerian fantasy series would have some potential, or a period drama.

Off the top of my head, Afonja’s rebellion, The Ibadan-Ijaye rivalry, Dan Fodio’s Jihad, The Saifawa dynasty, maybe something set in Jaja of Opobo’s time e.t.c. We have such a rich history, we can do better than knockoffs and romantic comedies. Give us something we can’t get elsewhere.

• Tasha

June 3, 2016 at 6:24 pm

I don’t think you should make it sound like a fantasy series will be the IT thing. I feel wether romantic comedy, drama, CSI the only trick is doing it well. We do amateur stuffs here is the only problem. Is ‘New Girl’ not a hit show in America? Is it fantasy? No! Its a simple romantic comedy but done with creativity and expertise, thats what I think we can do better at.

3. Kudos

June 3, 2016 at 11:21 am

Bimbo Akintola is a super talented lady, I wish she acted more. Def going to watch this

4. bruno

June 3, 2016 at 11:26 am

NOLLYWOOD STOP embarrassing your selves.

5. Nnenna S.O

June 3, 2016 at 12:36 pm

Nice. The trailer made me curious, I sure want to at least watch the premiere. Adesuwa is a brilliant actress, how she transformed from the cop to the undercover babe blew my mind. Hope the show doesn’t disappoint.

6. Yve

June 3, 2016 at 1:06 pm

Wooooowwwwwwwww…….. LMAO! No words!

7. Prince

June 3, 2016 at 1:54 pm

And someone will tell me that God will not punish DSTV for taking Nigerians for granted. Telemundo and Zeeworld that are not Nigerian can be viewed on the cheapest bouquet (1800) but our very own soaps and talent hunt programs will be on Channel 151 and its only viewed by Premium subscribers that even the compact(6000) subscribers does not have access to.
    They should continue, a time is coming, they’ll be begging people to accept their decoders for free.

8. DinonMC

June 3, 2016 at 7:36 pm

Wole Ojo, talented actor…Adesua…Joke Silva…Official Titus…Femi Branch……what do we expect??? Quality

9. j'suis belle

June 3, 2016 at 9:16 pm

grammar will kill somebody and i hope they don’t try and add fake accent that spoil the whole issue!!anyways try and fail than not try at all don’t hear negative trolls,otherwise nollywood wouldn’t be where it is today

10. Nene