“God always has good reasons for making us wait.” Before you roll your eyes, take a moment and just read.
You see, waiting is a part of life and one of God’s tools for developing His people. Read the Bible and you’ll be amazed at the stories of people having to wait on God, such as Noah, Abraham, Moses, Joseph, David, Daniel, Jesus, Paul and countless others.
In studying the lives of these great people, we’ve discovered that there are many reasons God makes us wait and it might not make sense to us immediately but eventually it will.
It took me so long but I’m finally beginning to realize that it’s in those painful seasons of waiting and being still before God, pouring out my heart before Him, that He did some of His greatest work in my life.
It might sound stupid but it is in the desert, the wilderness, the quietness that God can restore hope and vision and deepen our character. For me personally, it was in waiting that I got to know God’s heart more intimately and finally realized He is my life.
The facts are, most of us are waiting for something most of the time:
- Maybe you are in a job situation that’s really tough to endure and you are waiting and hoping that conditions will change for the better.
- Maybe you are without a job and waiting for news on some applications.
- Maybe you are ill (or have a loved one who is) and waiting for your health to improve.
- Maybe you are a single person waiting for Mr. Right or searching for Miss Right.
- Or maybe you are waiting for your spouse or child to become interested in spiritual things.
Join us this Saturday at the Ignite Fellowship by 4PM, Guiding Light Assembly, Layi Ajayi Bembe Street, ParkView Estate, Ikoyi.
The theme is ‘Be Still: Dealing with the Wilderness‘, where we will be talking about the trials of waiting for the promise.
Date: Saturday, July 2nd 2016
Venue: Rechabite Room, Guiding Light Assembly, Layi Ajayi Bembe Street, Parkview Estate Ikoyi
Mairo Ese will be ministering and DJ Mordu will be with us. As it also marks our one year anniversary, there’ll be great food and loads of fun (as usual).
For more information, contact us: [email protected] | @ignitegla on Social Media