Relationships

Put Some “Respek” on their Relationship! Toni Braxton & Birdman Spotted at BET Awards 2016

For a while there have been rumours about  a new and romantic relationship between singer Toni Braxton and rapper/producer Birdman. So far neither Braxton nor Birdman have confirmed or denied but the two were spotted together at the 2016 BET Awards looking very much like a couple.

See the photos of the new couple below.

Toni Braxton & Birdman (3) Toni Braxton & Birdman (4) Toni Braxton & Birdman (2) Toni Braxton & Birdman (1)

Photo Credit: Getty Images/Paras Griffin/BET

1. Ada

June 27, 2016 at 7:54 am

Toni, Toni, Toni! At almost 49, you should dress better and hang out with someone more mature, his belt is still hanging from below the waist at 47! Or is t for the money?

• Bodunade

June 27, 2016 at 9:53 am

He’s very rich, she’s an adult. Money talks.. How life works. *check the rhyme * 🙂

• Tosin

June 28, 2016 at 5:43 am

respeck on your rhyme lol.
      awon Ame wonyii o gbadun sha, ka so tooto.
      But music-wise, she’s got fantabulous product, and he’s got marketing, so it could be joy to the world. Amen.

• whytoni?

June 27, 2016 at 12:13 pm

Ada…u are speaking the truth…damn Toni…na only money sha? I don’t mind the tattooed guy, he is a humanbeing…but Toni, I thought u had more class…u look sooooo damn rachetttttt

2. Ese

June 27, 2016 at 8:14 am

These women never learn..

• good girl

June 27, 2016 at 10:52 am

as in …age does not always mean maturity…tommorow now she will go on one show and be crying..

3. Mrs O

June 27, 2016 at 8:25 am

Toni as much as I love you, I’m so disappointed in this choice of clothing and male accessory… c’mon there are much more decent men in America na… why this excuse of a nicca?!

• ATL's finest

June 27, 2016 at 12:34 pm

Lol one Question how did Mama Evelyn accept him?? Cuz we all know she’s picky to death ??. I’m Minda shocked too but oh well she’s grown & I just wish she had a better outfit on as well while she’s at it.

4. Eve82

June 27, 2016 at 8:33 am

Toni I love you, but you need to respect your age. You know that outfit does nothing for you.

5. PriPri

June 27, 2016 at 8:59 am

Toni at what age now, u av done this some decade ago…..smh all trashy and tacky……….

6. Call Me Gorgeous...

June 27, 2016 at 8:59 am

Aunty Toni..u for no wear cloth na..hian! haba..
    *strolls away*

7. le coco

June 27, 2016 at 9:05 am

women tend to be their own worst enemies sha.. they will nw be shouting tht there r no good men out there.. when ppl make rude comments about hw black women don’t know a good man when they see one.. don’t know hw to be loved by good man.. Black women are all up in arms.. but this is what we r talking about.. TONI.. no… stop it abeg.. as old as u r .. your kids are old enough to understand wht this is.. when they come home with a thot pls don’t complain..

8. FasholasLover

June 27, 2016 at 9:08 am

The thirst is real. This is a new low for Toni. Her outfit is age inappropriate and with that man? Tatoos all over including on his head? I can smell the desperation from here. Toni can surely do better!

• Mr. Egghead

June 27, 2016 at 9:35 am

Why you dissing Toni. Yes, maybe she’s acting all thirsty but that’s understandable. The dating options of a 48yr old African American woman are very very limited (as in swipe left on Tinder). She can’t be struggling for guys in their 30’s and 40’s
      A much younger man would either ‘chop and clean mouth’ or run off with her money.
      Birdman is richer and, at least, he is not looking for a sugar-mama. There’s nothing wrong with them being together, as long as she feels loved.

but yes, the outfit does make her look like a ho.
      In sharp contrast to Birdman, who looks like a pimp ??

• Engoz

June 27, 2016 at 3:06 pm

Mr. Egghead. It is not understandable o. We have used this ‘lack of options’ for too long. You need to understand the psychology behind the dating pattern of the black American female coupled with generational daddy issues. Many of them are attracted to thugs. They also limit their dating pool by sticking to black men only. It will take deliverance to remove that spirit from them. There will be professional looking types of men willing to date a Toni Braxton. But she probably consider them as ‘boring’. She will learn her lesson soon. They all do. Beyonce’s mother who is older than Toni got remarried to an age-appropriate, professional looking black man. Does she have two heads? Eve who is more involved with the hiphop life than a Toni, is married to a white British guy. After Ciara has been dealt with by Future, her eyes has open small. As pretty as Christina Milian is, she got involved with a Lil Wayne. When I was in college, my roommate was African American, very pretty girl. You needed to see who she was dating. A beautiful Nigerian girl will, omg aim higher than that, lol. The thing is these sets of thug-loving black females never grow up whether young or old. It’s a generational curse. They all get burnt at the end, anyway.

• FasholasLover

June 27, 2016 at 3:50 pm

LoooooL. I always, always love your analysis.

9. RichyGame

June 27, 2016 at 9:34 am

This is a joke right,Toni Braxton and Baby? Is she OK? And being clad in an unpleasant for her age outfit adds to the messiness. How in the world these girls think is beyond me. Seems like the Braxtons are all just a propped up rachet lot.

10. GeeGee

June 27, 2016 at 9:49 am

I think she has an amazing body. But this outfit is just so ridiculous and a complete eye sore for a woman who is chasing 50. I don’t even have anything to say about the man.

11. Nene

June 27, 2016 at 10:12 am

Seriously Toni? A man who looks and sounds like an embarrassment.

12. Vivadrew

June 27, 2016 at 10:31 am

She deserves better. Common Toni! Unbreak my heart please…

13. Prince

June 27, 2016 at 10:50 am

Toni just give me a hot blow on my face. What the heck. so odd.

14. Bella

June 27, 2016 at 10:50 am

Honestly words fail me at this juncture. Toni Braxton WHY? of all the sense in this world and you being the eldest of your sibligns, why take this route, is life really that bad to stoop so low to date Birdman, See your dress code, the depserateion to stay relevant is not even for you. You are a global superstar, if the men in US are no longer workign for you, cast your net wider, we all loved you and still do but this is a new low even for you! I can imagine what Tamar your youngest sister thinks of you now! Haba , i cannnot even begin to fathom such! Are you on drugs maybe? why not try Europe ? OMG – i am very upset and highly disturbed by this, if its love then why not change both of you for the better, him in a suit and you in a gown that is endearing and sexy, see how he has changed you to trashy, can you be happy wiht this? no na, abeg, make i leave before i cry more

• O

June 27, 2016 at 11:24 am

Lmao breathe out abeg.

15. Great Lady

June 27, 2016 at 11:42 am

Dude is obviously not into her.

16. sisi eko

June 27, 2016 at 11:45 am

this reminds me of Veronica Foxx and Fifty cent! who remembers how she was so respected and admired until she decided to completely degrade herself for 50? (those outfits and twerking!!)

mehn leave oh! when women smell the come up …… it all flies out the window. its just like horny men and sex.

• Anon

June 27, 2016 at 11:49 am

That’s right.

Vivica Fox*

• whytoni?

June 27, 2016 at 12:17 pm

lol….veronica foxx indeed…. v

17. incredibleMrs

June 27, 2016 at 2:10 pm

if he makes her happy………………

18. YesIsaidit

June 27, 2016 at 3:57 pm

disgusting to the highest order
    I thought Janet and Jermaine own was bad
    Akata women will fk anything.
    Absolutely utterly disgusting
    i want to puke

19. debz

June 27, 2016 at 7:53 pm

Na wa o. Women are settling left right and center. Anything to have a “man”. I’m not too surprised tho, akata women don’t always see things the way african women do. I wont even date drake not to talk of Birdman. See how she’s now struggling to be a thot at 50. God help us!

I won’t completely judge her o. Nigerian women are managing men too just to collect ring. All i can do is pray for all of us!

I’m sorry but i will never settle! I am a young, pretty, highly educated and very successful lady in my 20’s. I have standards AND SO SHOULD ALL OF US! lol

20. YesIsaidit

June 27, 2016 at 8:10 pm

let me tell you something i did an MBA new graduate trainee program with a one fortune 500 company in downtown Chicago, there were many other gorgeous akatas (and i mean gorgeous halleberry looking type girls) on the program too. We hanged out on fridays for happy hour at our building lobby lounge- just to be cordial i agree to hang (cos we dont have shyt in common to hang with those trollops) and let me tell you several of these highly educated smart gorgeous girls who owned nice apartments downtown, they will see someone that night and take them home to fk em. Or Some times after work you will see one useless akata idiot guy with hanging pants, driving the girls mercedes coming to pick them up. No shame whatsaover. Tattoes wearing earing wearing baffons with not even a highschool diploma probably gang bangers on the south south chicago – but these are the types these girls slept with.

• Mazi Okafor in Baltimore

June 28, 2016 at 9:54 am

Idiot guy with hanging pants ?
      I wonder why educated women get with such men

21. Felinda

June 27, 2016 at 8:22 pm

We are not talking about the age here – Its the scum of the earth disgusting millionaire UNEDUCATED THUG RAPPER some one of her caliber she is dating.

Out of all the rappers the only ones i respect dearly is COMMON and NAS, I met them both and they are the most humble nicest human beings ever,. The kind you can take home to greet your mom. But not this idiot.

I am sure mama braxton does not like this. And if she saids she does – she is faking it. .this is just horrible. Even Jermaine Dupri and Janet which also disgusted me – i think Jermaine was a tad bit better.

These african american women will never learn. They will open nyash for anything.. no discrimination. They are known to be the easiest women to sleep with in America. Thats why african men come here and they spoil. Dont know how to pursue women anymore – cos they have all the beyonce and halle berrys opening their toto for them without even asking.

Same way vivica made 50 smash her to the smithereens and then he dumbed her and Halle made Larenz Tate smash her to the smithereens too during the shoot of why do fools fall in love. Even angelic looking Kimberly Elise had Shemar smash during the shooting of that Tyler movie Diary of a mad black woman. How do i know cos everyone in black hollywood know downlow Shemar is mr kiss and tell number 1. Google search when he even did an interview talking about she smashed Toni Braxton. This is how even my fav actress sanaa too was sleeping with French Montana. Footballer Wale was smart not to wife her.

They have no self respect – just give me orgasm and i am straight. HOw is this man a father figure to your two sons Denim or Diesel

22. Tippa Top

September 5, 2016 at 8:44 pm

It’s just another sad love song..