Toke Makinwa has officially filed for a divorce from her estranged husband Maje Ayida after the two went through a rough patch that involved Maje Ayida’s ex-girlfriend Anita Solomon in 2015.
In court documents revealed exclusively by LIB, Toke Makinwa lists a couple of reasons why the court should grant her a divorce from Maje based on “adultery”, “cruelty” and “irreconcilable differences”.
In the court documents, Toke alleged that
- She had to leave their matrimonial home in November 2015 after she could no longer tolerate the continuous adulterous acts between Maje and Anita despite promises from Maje to stop.
- She alleged that Maje had some of his affairs in their matrimonial home while she was away at work.
- She alleged that Maje made claims of not having money to take care of her or pay the bills in the house but was able to finance the birth of his child from Anita. She stated that Maje did not pay the rent on two occasions and as a result the landlord came to embarrass her.
- She alleges that she lost a huge endorsement opportunity worth 20 million naira with a telecoms company because of the negativity that followed the 2015 scandal.
- She alleges that she was treated with disdain and was never consulted for any business dealings whereas Maje was consulting with Anita.
- She alleges that any slight complaint from her resulted in nagging and verbal abuse and the use of vulgar words even in front of their domestic staff.
- She alleges that Maje has repeatedly sent text messages to Anita Solomon inviting her to live with him.
The divorce papers were officially filed in March, 2016.