BN TV

Ever Wondered why Igbo-Ora is Called the “Twin Capital of the World”? Find out on BN TV

We brought you the first part of Battabox’ trip to Igbo-Ora with Odunayo and Kayode and now the second part is here.

They went on a journey to Igbo-Ora in Oyo state, where there are unusually large number of twin births in Nigeria, thus earning the town a moniker as the ‘Twin Capital of the World’.

When some of the women were asked why they think they were able to bear twins, some said, “It’s the food we eat that makes us have twins” while others believe, “I don’t believe it, twins come from God”.

Watch it here:

1. teee

July 29, 2016 at 9:21 am

This is interesting. Just the jazzy part I fear. Lol

2. BeachKalifa

July 29, 2016 at 10:07 am

Please they should tell me what they are eating I also want twins

3. Lol

July 29, 2016 at 10:25 am

Interesting program, shame there was no visit to the birth records to see generations of twins lined up and also official statistics lined up as to how many twin births per household, figures for local population etc. I like how the fulani lady put a postulation of environmental factors as a cause, whatever it is causing multiple ovulation. Also interesting the way twin to twin transfusion is interpreted as ‘violent’ twin pregnancy! This documentary needs like 1-2 hours!! With proper infrastructure more research because of morbidity and mortality associated with twin births and how igbo-ora compares especially with poor health care

4. Bee

July 29, 2016 at 10:55 am

i need that ilasa recipe pls, i want to have twins

5. TheTruth16

July 29, 2016 at 11:41 am

ehhnnnnn is that so. I must marry a man from igbo ora so I can have twins lol

• Kay

July 29, 2016 at 10:09 pm

My thoughts exactly…lol

6. JustSaying

July 29, 2016 at 2:03 pm

that girl english accent is horrible

• Toeseen

July 29, 2016 at 2:35 pm

Same way your written word is horrible.

• ROSE OKWY

July 29, 2016 at 3:39 pm

Because she is not from England. I bet an English man, that is if he tries to speak yoruba at all will horrible accent too. Leave her accent alone, you people are so full of crap. She is Nigerian speaking another man’s language she better have a damn accent!!

• Kyra

July 29, 2016 at 3:53 pm

Did she tell you English is her 1st language??? Mshewwwww!

7. CHEEK

July 29, 2016 at 6:14 pm

ODUNAYO IS REALLY GETTING BETTER BY THE DAY. THUMBS UP GIRLS.
    THIS VIDEO IS SO EDUCATIVE, I HOPE CNN EMPLOYS YOU SOMEDAY

8. Tosin

July 31, 2016 at 1:32 am

Classic.

9. Que

August 5, 2016 at 7:57 am

Such a refreshing and educative documentary. The presenter did a wonderful job too. God bless battabox f

10. ATL's finest

August 7, 2016 at 9:24 am

God knows I have been praying for twins/triplets since I could tell what pregnancy is.. I recalled that song when I was way back in middle school & I still sing it every now & then 🙂