Scoop

“I Always Think About Them” Russell Wilson Shares His Thoughts On Being A Stepdad To Ciara’s Son Baby Future

Seattle Seahawks quarterback Russell Wilson, right, walks with his girlfriend, entertainer Ciara Harris, and Harris' son Future, 1, Thursday, Aug. 13, 2015, following NFL football training camp in Renton, Wash. (AP Photo/Ted S. Warren) ORG XMIT: OTKAmerican Football player Russell Wilson has been a very supportive partner to Ciara and also a great stepdad to her son Baby Future.

Although he limits his comments in public about them, he has always found a way to show how important that relationship is to him, even though it has been questioned if Future Jnr. should call him “papa” and more.Russell Wilson_Ciara_Twitter_July_BellaNaija_2016_ 1During an event for his Why Not You? Foundation, the NFL star spoke on his view as a stepdad and his words were so inspiring you could also shed a tear.

His touching words:

” Being a stepfather is one of the most loving things you can do. You know, you really, really learn how to love love. Because especially when it’s not yours, you know, you realize that every kid matters in this world. You know, every person matters. Every child matters. Every heart matters. Every soul matters. Every mind matters… When I see her little son every time I’m around her and when I’m not around her, I always think about them, too, so they’re an inspiration”.

Watch the video below!

A video posted by @xxcsquad on

Photo Credit: Twitter and Blackpress USA

1. Jen

July 28, 2016 at 12:46 am

I love this couple.

2. Mimi0560

July 28, 2016 at 12:50 am

Awww,…. that’s so sweet! I pray they last long

3. Aduke

July 28, 2016 at 1:18 am

Abeg, I am tired of all this parading that Russell Wilson is doing. I wonder where all this unconditional love was when he divorced his first wife. This chic was with him from day one (high school). What happened to for better for worse?

• that uptown girl

July 28, 2016 at 2:12 am

She cheated. He divorced her. Be happy for them or move on with your own life. #ObiAkpo.com

• Aduke

July 28, 2016 at 5:35 pm

First, neither of them EVER said she cheated. It was a rumor that both party involved in the cheating scandal vehemently denied. If you believe every rumor you hear, well, I cannot help you.
      Secondly, let’s say you are right (because you live with them), and she cheated. My problem with quite a number of Nigerian WOMEN is the Hypocrisy and double standard.
      If the table was turned, a bunch of you here would be preaching forgiveness and telling her people make mistakes, but that courtesy is only ascribed to men.
      Thirdly, if his ex-wife was a black woman, and Ciara was white…WE WOULD NOT BE HAVING THIS CONVERSATION, because the story would be the skanky white chic that stole a ‘sistahs’ husband.

4. good girl

July 28, 2016 at 1:41 am

is this step kid his first …did he have any previously??….just wondering….goodluck to them

• yes girl

July 28, 2016 at 3:51 am

yes, his first kid. no issue from the 1st wife… lol, im so old nollywood with the ‘no issue’….

5. Nystyle

July 28, 2016 at 2:49 am

@Aduke shut up with all that nonsense talk…the dog on woman cheated on him so he moved on cos he does not appreciate such acts

• Aduke

July 28, 2016 at 5:37 pm

You see, you can engage people in a civil conversation without being nasty. Learn to be civil, it would pay you in the long run.

• Aduke

July 28, 2016 at 5:37 pm

@Nystyle,

6. Joke

July 28, 2016 at 2:59 am

As for me I am not fazed by all this African American “wayo” love. They are so eloquent with words, but having good character is their problem. This girl was in tears about how good her love life with Future was and it all ended with drama. Time will tell…That boy is not his son and it’s good now, but let’s wait till when the boy is old enough to say “Shut up. Leave me alone. You’re not my daddy,” like many of them do, that’s when I will know this relationship is for real…

• peter pan

July 28, 2016 at 3:15 pm

so you want to wait till the child is old enough? omo you get time o. lol. just be happy for them and move on with your life dear.

7. amaka

July 28, 2016 at 6:38 am

I hope they last. Even if not forever, at least for a long time…. the hype is a lot….

8. Sebastian

July 28, 2016 at 7:07 am

If they can mutually agree that no issue is strong enough to tear them apart, they will last. I know Ciara has learnt her lesson with Future and Russell coming from a previous marriage has also made him more matured. And little baby Future will hopefully have one dad and one stepdad all his life and not one dad, a former stepdad and another stepdad…

9. Luvnaija

July 28, 2016 at 8:10 am

@Aduke; first off this is a fund raising event for under privileged children and the question about what inspires you was thrown at each of the panel members! Everyone talked about theirs including their families and Russel in like manner shared his. It is not his fault that the blogs are the Internet world cannot get enough of them! Any little thing they do whether on their social media platform or public event the media singles it out ! No one forces anybody to read them but just because…people must find negativity!
    Again, he divorced his first wife(high school sweetheart) cos she cheated on him with his team mate!
    Not their fault the media/world is fixated on them, love me some Russci

10. I no send

July 28, 2016 at 10:34 am

Lol @ how people are very personal with celebs who don’t know they exist but they authoritatively hv all their details..una doh