News

I’m Not Plotting to Instigate Impeachment Proceedings Against Buhari – Dino Melaye

BellaNaija.com

Dino MelayeSenate Dino Melaye (APC-Kogi West) has responded to rumours circulating on social media, that he is championing a plot to impeach President Muhammad Buhari. He is quoted as saying it is the “narrative of the attack dogs of demagogues who have decided to turn Nigeria upside down for failing to choose leaders for senators.”

According to PREMIUM TIMES, Melaye described the story as “falsehood” in a statement he signed and distributed on Wednesday morning in Abuja.

The statement read in part:

It is pertinent to note that the incredulously machinated misinformation was orchestrated by forces bent on destabilising the upper chambers of the Nigerian Parliament for selfish reasons.

One of the mushroom and faceless online platforms used to promote the ill-fated and calumnious write-up has been notorious for serving as the propagandist machinery of political commercialists who are pushing for the extension of their fiefdom to the National Assembly,

While I remain unimpeachably committed to the leadership of the Senate, I believe the respected arm of government charged with the onerous responsibility of lawmaking should be given the independence to conduct its business.

I am a responsible Nigerian, role model and a champion of anti-corruption and equity which my party (APC) stands for.

I therefore urge the general public to discountenance the libelous publication as I will continue to respect the history, culture and excellence of my Kogi West people on the floor of the Senate. The true threat to the current republic are those who believe that a Nigeria that is not led by them must not exist.

1. Naijatalk

July 13, 2016 at 11:43 am

OH for Pete’s sake Bella, have your people proof read before publishing. Take a second look at your article’s heading. Please where is Atoke? Is she on vacation? That may explain some of the rookie typos on here lately.

• Dami

July 13, 2016 at 1:23 pm

Dino Melaye is another level of a nuisance because of his personal character.
      Buhari is not the president of Nigeria but the north and Muslims.
      I don’t mind impeachment.

2. zinny

July 13, 2016 at 11:49 am

mtchew!who cares..general public,like u’v any good for this same general public at heart.plllssss

3. Ama

July 13, 2016 at 11:59 am

To date, this is the most irresponsible man alive.
    You threaten another man’s wife with impregnation? Jesus, have mercy on Nigeria. This man lacks what is common to others as sense but I don’t blame him. I blame those who put him there.

4. allthingsfitness

July 13, 2016 at 12:04 pm

dis silly man…

5. Prince

July 13, 2016 at 12:12 pm

But forgive me but damn, this guy disgust me. I’m so disappointed at the 8th Senate. They’re just bunch of liars and all they’re there for is themselves.
    God will help us out of this shit we find ourselves in. Amen

6. @edDREAMZ

July 13, 2016 at 12:25 pm

a.k.a EDWIN CHINEDU AZUBUKO said…
    In every rumour there is some utter of truth in it, thats all i knw though…..
    ***CURRENTLY IN JUPITER***

7. Olulinks

July 13, 2016 at 1:06 pm

This man has lost it and he didn’t even know it yet. Smh

8. le coco

July 13, 2016 at 7:17 pm

ohhhh shut it… woman beater… u beat both ur wives but u now think it is the wife of the JAGABAN you want to beat? d man will just have u disappear nd nobody will ask questions.. idiot.. SHIOR