Music

Kim Kardashian, Kanye West & Taylor Swift Battle over ‘Famous’ on Social Media

BellaNaija.com

LOS ANGELES, CA - FEBRUARY 08:  (L-R) Recording Artists Taylor Swift, Kanye West and tv personality Kim Kardashian attend The 57th Annual GRAMMY Awards at the STAPLES Center on February 8, 2015 in Los Angeles, California.  (Photo by Larry Busacca/Getty Images for NARAS)

LOS ANGELES, CA – FEBRUARY 08: (L-R) Recording Artists Taylor Swift, Kanye West and tv personality Kim Kardashian attend The 57th Annual GRAMMY Awards at the STAPLES Center on February 8, 2015 in Los Angeles, California. (Photo by Larry Busacca/Getty Images for NARAS)

Kim Kardashian decided to let the cat out of the bag tonight.

Some months ago, Taylor Swift called out Kanye West for his lyrics in Famous, saying they were misogynistic – click here, and here for Kanye defending himself.

So tonight on Snapchat, Kim put up a recording of Kanye reading out some of the song’s lyrics, and she told him she was “flattered” and it was nice he was telling her first.

For all my Southside niggas that know me best
I feel like me and Taylor might still have sex

The video doesn’t show him reading this part –

Why? I made that b**ch famous (God damn)
I made that b**ch famous

Watch the video here:

Kim also threw more shade at Taylor with this tweet – Taylor was born in 1989, which is a Chinese year of the snake.

Taylor then responded that she wasn’t told the full lyrics (in the recording we didn’t see Kanye share the last line about her – “I made that b**ch famous”.

… to be continued!

Photo by Larry Busacca/Getty Images for NARAS

1. IJS

July 18, 2016 at 8:02 am

Kanye is changing Kim fo sure

• Seriously

July 18, 2016 at 8:57 am

Beyoncé speaking her mind. Kim speaking her mind. I guess, errybody tired of pretending.
      Not a fan of Kanye but Taylor trying to play the victim white girl that’s picked on my a black man. And it backfired.

2. Daisy

July 18, 2016 at 8:22 am

KIM is legit one type of wife to have. She takes Kanye’s battles as hers. See how she waited, till the time was perfect. Like Taylor needed this call out, always playing the victim every damn time. Talking about permission like John Mayer, Jane Gyllenhal etc gave her permission to write about them.

Happy World Snake Day.

• Bella

July 18, 2016 at 11:40 am

Your comment wont kill me this morning o!

3. Udegbunam Chukwudi

July 18, 2016 at 8:24 am

Looks like someone is really done letting s**t slide. ???
    I wonder if Keri will ever release a video of Beyonce hustling for song writing credits? That would be EPIC!

• mrs chidukane

July 18, 2016 at 9:35 am

Lol @ chukwudi. Keri with her almost dead career wouldn’t dare. Beyoncé’s people will just kill off the little career she has remaining. She would be better served using it as leverage to get some favors from her.

• Lika

July 18, 2016 at 1:57 pm

even if such video exists and Keri puts it out. It wil do no harm to Beyonces career. However Keri’s on the other hand will suffer

4. Ima

July 18, 2016 at 8:34 am

Wow. I love the way Kim defended her man. Taylor said she never heard or approved of the lines of the song but this is a lie. She heard the worst part of it all “I feel like Taylor and I might still have sex” and she was like it’s cool like a compliment. A compliment, really? ?? Really Taylor? Then she went on to give that fake ass feminism Grammy speech like she never knew about the song. She’s used to playing the victim but right now there’s no playing in this one. Kim is a master schemer. She waited for her Sunday KUWTK show to air to reveal that she’s not gonna let anyone talk trash about her hubby and she’s gonna expose the tape, then she went on snapchat to unleash the dragon. Kim definitely hosted the #taylorswiftexposedparty and she brought tea and served it like it’s hot!!! Btw Taylors response is weak af!

5. hanie

July 18, 2016 at 8:42 am

All of u in the previous post ready to kill Kanye u can take ur words back now. He was a gentleman and see what he got still. Kim gradually becoming a black woman, we go all out for our men

6. Missappleberry

July 18, 2016 at 8:49 am

Lol…see what Kim has become from rolling with Kanye lol…kindof loving the new outspoken Kim…?

7. Rayva

July 18, 2016 at 9:07 am

Truth lives a wretched life but always survives a lie……… Everyone bashed Kanye and gave him hell, he even had loses financially while the snake knew the truth and was busy giving stories that touch speeches. This act made me respect Kim, the right timing just when Taylors reputation was all time low and bam! Kim just gave me Practical example on The Art of War when it comes to protecting your interest and brand

8. Baby gurl

July 18, 2016 at 9:57 am

This is going down mehn…..pass me the popcorn plix!

9. Prince

July 18, 2016 at 10:01 am

I’m not a fan of Kanye but that’s the truth. He made her famous and now she’s trying to play smart by being a victim.

• Iris

July 18, 2016 at 11:29 am

As in! Till today, watching that girl perform is less preferable to me than watching paint dry, and this is despite my thinking that Kanye West is a childish crazy person.

10. Stone

July 18, 2016 at 10:49 am

This recording is obviously fake. The voice and the recording is just off jare. I don’t believe it one bit; Kim should get a talent and stop looking for drama. I wonder why she’d not respect her old age and maintain her lane.

11. BlueEyed

July 18, 2016 at 11:10 am

Look whether or not he called her to confirm, Taylor swift has no right to be offended and preach feminism, her success has been on her constant bashing of the men she’s been with and her playing the victim card, Taylor dear the game is up, give it up, we are on to you.

12. Celeste

July 18, 2016 at 11:15 am

Errm… BN, you people did not include the part where Taylor Swift said to Kanye “Go on with whatever line you think is better. Its obviously very tongue in cheek either way. And I really appreciate you telling me about it. That’s really nice.”.

This means Taylor Swift approved Kanye’s lyrics for famous, so why the denial? Just as she continues to deny Kanye West made her famous. Yes, he did!

And nobody should give me that ” she already had fans and her songs are catchy weak defense. Katy perry’s songs are catchy too, but she has won NO grammy. And so are several other talented artists.

BN, you people should stop this your half baked reportage.

13. Bruno fierce Two

July 18, 2016 at 11:15 am

Guys please!!! I agree Taylor was playing victim , but did we get to the part where Kanye called her a bitch NO and I am sure when she heard the full thing she wasnt happy about it. Abegggiiii Kim just looked for the right time to remain relevant and stir up drama as usual. Talk about defense…Grown ass women behaving like Kids

• Celeste

July 18, 2016 at 12:24 pm

Errm… What exactly does this mean? “Go on with whatever line you think is better. Its obviously very tongue in cheek either way. And I really appreciate you telling me about it. That’s really nice.”

She was taken unawares. She didn’t expect Kanye to come up with that line, period! But she did approve of the lyrics of the song with her statement. And that famous line hurt her.

14. Celeste

July 18, 2016 at 12:23 pm

15. ebi

July 18, 2016 at 12:29 pm

Abegy Bruno fierce go and sit down jor. Shame on taylor. She no try at all.

16. nwa nna

July 18, 2016 at 1:07 pm

I ain’t taking sides but truth be told, Yeezy made that b!tch famous with his award stunt he pulled a few years back.. And by the way, that’s a damn good track off his latest album ??

17. gia

July 18, 2016 at 2:01 pm

Gosh,that man is really repulsive…

18. Truth

July 18, 2016 at 2:48 pm

The word b**ch is something a lot of hip hop artiste use all the time its not news e.g I’m a bad b**ch, B**ch better have my money etc this word should not be new to Taylor so her defense is water.

And for those who are still on Kim should get a talent here’s a public announcement for you, she has one, her ability to control social media and public opinion and if you ask me that’s a pretty darn good talent.

• Truth

July 18, 2016 at 2:54 pm

O and I forgot to add its not about working hard its about working smartly. Food for thought for some of the people that made pointless comments.

19. Marie

July 18, 2016 at 5:48 pm

So Y is Taylor Swift playing the victim here….Kanye told her & if dere were to take dis to court. .kanye will win the case. ..D babe should just siddon dere…she embarrassed herself. ..Mtcheww…I am becoming to dislike her. ….

20. The Bull

July 18, 2016 at 7:09 pm

He even tried by calling her to tell her, how many artists will do that?

21. Felinda

July 19, 2016 at 4:00 am

my thing with taylor swift is how come she has more body counts of men and boys she is sexed in her short time on this earth yet, kim gets called a hoe just cos of sex tape with a boyfriend of 5 yrs (rayj) – Kim was always in long term relationships. not short term like taylor. She is the biggest slut in young hollywood – but white media will make her look like sweet lil white girl next door. More men in the world have seen her pink than a gynaecologist sees in a year.