Scoop

New Age Golden Girls?! Mo’Cheddah, Beverly Naya, Sika Osei & Adesua Etomi cover Genevieve Mag’s July Issue

BellaNaija.com

Genevieve Magazine - BN Style - 01
Fearlessly feminine, strong and ambitious.

For Genevieve Magazine‘s July 2016 issue, we are presented with not 1, not 2, but 4 delectable ladies.

The ladies on the cover are actress/TV personality Sika Osei, actress Adesua Etomi, singer/rapper Mo’Cheddah and actress Beverly Naya.

The ladies who all smoulder in gold and nude outfits on the cover, share their perspectives on life, as well as feminism, love, sex and women hating other women.

Also in the issue are singer Simi on “Chillin”, Dr Ogonnaya Ndupu on depression and mental health issues as well as a chat with Laolu Senbanjo whose body art can be seen in Beyonce‘s Lemonade album video.

1. Pra

July 18, 2016 at 9:02 pm

Sika Osei is such a funny name as it means Money(Sika) Spoiler(Osei) in Twi.

• Ama

December 15, 2017 at 1:16 am

Osei doesn’t mean spoiler. Please!

2. Abz

July 18, 2016 at 9:40 pm

Couldn’t resist not leaving a comment. I LOVE the cover. Very beautiful women.

3. Dolly

July 18, 2016 at 9:45 pm

I like the cover, Mo’ cheddah the fashion killa
    If she wasn’t petite (not body shaming) the traffic she would cause just slaying across the streets, ha

• mua

July 19, 2016 at 2:19 pm

Yes oh. Mo’cheddah, never one to disappoint you. Always, killing it!

• chim_oma

July 19, 2016 at 3:08 pm

But d petite´s what makes her sexy. If she was at d bigger side, she wouldn´t look so attractive. That´s d advantage of being petite. I am and I know so, because what you just said is what people always tell me.
      Look up there, is any of them on a big/bigger size/side?

4. @_zuggy

July 18, 2016 at 9:47 pm

mo cheddah is da truth. beautiful cover

5. BlueEyed

July 18, 2016 at 9:50 pm

love love love

6. californiabawlar

July 18, 2016 at 9:52 pm

Slow clap!!! I love all these women! All the best with your careers ladies!
    Beautiful is an understatement….
    p.s. Sisi Mo please sing sontin for us…kisses.

7. Yesss

July 18, 2016 at 10:11 pm

Mo cheddah, Beverly Naya, Sika Osei then Adesuwa Etomi in that order. Yesss beautiful women

8. kelly

July 19, 2016 at 12:44 am

ohhh wow…what a slayyyyyyy

• mkm

July 19, 2016 at 10:15 am

hahaha. this is so funny to me.

9. tunmi

July 19, 2016 at 1:22 am

The women are gorgeous but those quotations are depressing

• Bimbo

July 19, 2016 at 7:33 am

Super depressing!

• nwanyi na aga aga

July 19, 2016 at 6:45 pm

I thought I was the only one who didnt understand those quotations.

• Azrael

July 19, 2016 at 7:30 pm

I sweae

• Azrael

July 19, 2016 at 7:30 pm

Swear*

10. Felinda

July 19, 2016 at 2:35 am

Personally I love the natural hair of Beverly, Sika and Adesua. They look gorgeous

11. Wanderlust _Trekeffect?

July 19, 2016 at 3:50 am

Soak Osei- “I hate the word feminism” ????

• Wanderlust _Trekeffect?

July 19, 2016 at 3:50 am

Sika*

12. King Bey

July 19, 2016 at 7:36 am

Beautiful cover!

13. Baby gurl

July 19, 2016 at 7:38 am

The quotes along with their names on the cover nko? I know it’s her personal business but for Sika Osei to say she hates the word “Feminism” is quite annoying. But hey maybe she loves the concept of “gender equality” but just hates “feminism” as a word so I’ll leave that be. As for Mo’Cheddah her own is “I wouldn’t leave a marriage for career”. This seems at first thought like a dig at my one and only Tiwa baby. But once again, I may just be overly sensitive this morning lol. God help me with the replies that will follow this lol. I love all these women, good luck to them in their respective careers.

• Azrael

July 19, 2016 at 7:31 pm

So true

14. Forbisi

July 19, 2016 at 8:31 am

See sika getting all the attention dolapo used to get/should have been getting, and she’s not even pretty. (Sika) I know this article isn’t about dolapo, but I still maintain she shouldn’t have left 53 extra. Now who cares about putting her on a magazine cover? Only thing we see and hear about her is her red carpet appearances, besides her dry show

• RIFF RAFF

July 19, 2016 at 10:13 am

It’s life, dear. You close one door (Dolapo), it opens for another (Sika). Grass is green where you water it.
      Sika’s skin is wow

• MUSE

July 19, 2016 at 10:38 am

Sika isn’t pretty? Dolapo is prettier than Sika? How? Please explain as i don’t get it? smh

• Mara

July 19, 2016 at 1:44 pm

Real smh!! Sika is gorgeous.

• Forbisi

July 19, 2016 at 2:28 pm

Smh for u both. Celebrate dark skin if u want, that’s cool but she isn’t pretty. It’s obvious and need no explanation.

• Mo

July 20, 2016 at 6:44 pm

@Forbisi Hate dark skin all you want, be as shallow and bigoted as you want, but the fact remains that she is beautiful. End of.

• Forbisi

July 20, 2016 at 8:57 pm

@mo, I definitely do not hate dark skin, there are very beautiful women with dark skin e.g Kate henshaw, That doesn’t mean we have to be sentimental to all dark skin women and call them beautiful. You are the one that seems shallow, bigotet and defensive for that matter. I do not consider her beautiful. Shikena!

15. kagbo

July 19, 2016 at 9:38 am

How to open computer business

16. mkm

July 19, 2016 at 10:18 am

i need all the outfits, that’s all.

17. similicious

July 19, 2016 at 11:22 am

To fuel some drama, why is the darkest woman sitting on the floor?

• Majestic

July 19, 2016 at 1:05 pm

Shut the hell up! This isn’t America..this is Nigeria, where none of that shit matters!

• similicious

July 19, 2016 at 6:24 pm

How eloquent you are! Lol! tell that to the multi-billion dollar skin lightening empire> Colorism is present everywhere in the world, Stay woke!. PS you can pass your message across without being abusive, who took your cookie?

• Corolla

July 19, 2016 at 1:19 pm

Because you are dense, that’s why.

18. Corolla

July 19, 2016 at 1:20 pm

Black is beautiful! Look at all these gorgeous melanin women!

19. Fashionista

July 19, 2016 at 1:34 pm

Now, that’s one stunning cover. They all look amazing. Fav – def Mocheddah

20. Mara

July 19, 2016 at 1:43 pm

Love this cover – they all look amazing!! *slow clap*

21. tunmi

July 19, 2016 at 3:46 pm

I’m still in shock that they said that. Adesua’s own is sad. It’s sad that she hasn’t been around women who do support one another because they do, they really do. Mo’s own is just there. The meme of the guy looking sideways, okay ooo, I hope you never are in that situation because that statement is shady considering what some women in YOUR industry are going through—and are publicized. And that buttresses Adesua’s point. Sika’s own is just annoying. Madam, in this modern age of the internet, you surely can educate yourself. Beverly, okay o.

This thing really pains me because I expected more from these women. Fellow women are the ones who are supporting your careers (y’know the nameless ones buying your movies) and it’s really sad and heartbreaking to hear them talk like this. It’s as though these words are meant to pacify some men, as though “I’m the good woman”, “I’m not like those other troublemakers”. Please do better, you guys absolutely can. I really hope these aren’t said to gain favor with whatever men, if so learn from Ayesha Curry.

Even Naija movie trailers have not made me THIS disappointed.

• Azrael

July 19, 2016 at 7:26 pm

You are blessed, I mean what is that…she prefers the term wife beater maybe …mtchww like seriously…people will be trying to move forward some people will come wth their own… Instead of her to be promoting it shes busy hating it…I have nothing against her….but that thing she said wasn’t cool…seriously

22. Suzie

July 19, 2016 at 6:18 pm

To everybody talking,have you even bought the mag to see in what context they meant what they said? These are clearly quotes lifted from paragraphs. If you haven’t bought the mag then that is what is the true definition of ignorance is. Just saying!

• Tunmi

July 19, 2016 at 6:48 pm

There are many ways to generate buzz. This particular one, I don’t care for. I truly don’t care for the way the editor lifted this. Some context should be given, none was given. They get the buzz but I won’t be buying

23. Azrael

July 19, 2016 at 7:28 pm

The thing about not buying the mag is true but the quotes might chase people away… But there’s a point about not jumping to conclusions yet.

24. ...just saying

July 20, 2016 at 6:36 pm

Mo’cheddah a new age golden girl? How o? She’s been around donkey years before Sika moved here from Ghana or even knew the name Ade, let alone suwa