Music

Seyi Shay goes GLOBAL! Releases Remastered Version of Hit Song “Murda” via Island Records

Seyi Shay Murda International
Remember when Seyi Shay signed a record deal with Island Records? Well that was not just “for show”. After recent highly publicised appearances in Ghana, Tanzania, South Africa & Jamaica, the music superstar is set for the worldwide release of an updated version of her breakout hit “Murda” which features Patoranking & Shaydee and was first released in 2014.

The Record label announced the news on their social media platform this afternoon when they tweeted “Excited about new signing @iamseyishay! Listen to her African smash #Murda, available now”.

With an inflow of congratulatory messages on social media by fans & well wishers the 3 times nominated NEA 2016 act then tweeted “Let’s Go!!! Thank you Lord and my amazing fans for riding with me xoxo”. Following up the release of her album last year, her ongoing tour & recognition and nominations for her amazing work so far, this comes as a big approval for all the hard work she has put in. Fans can now wonder and anticipate what her next move will be.

You can support Seyi Shay by buying the song on iTunes UK.

Check out the original video for Murda

1. root

July 1, 2016 at 7:31 pm

So where the hell is the bloody new version? Or a link to it at least?

• BellaNaija.com

July 1, 2016 at 7:38 pm

Same song really but you can support SS by buying on iTunes. We’ve updated with the link.

• Kiiki

July 1, 2016 at 8:23 pm

Someone’s angry!!!! Lmaooooooooo! BN’s response sounded like “my hand no dey there ooooo We just post wetin we hear. No vex”. Hahaaa.

2. bruno

July 1, 2016 at 8:59 pm

really? this is the height of laziness. so she couldnt add another verse or rework the song etc Instead its the same version released in 2014. seyi shay u cant keep serving the same dish and expert people to keep eating. I feel u are not the one calling the shots in ur career. I like the song especially ur verse.

3. GossipGirl

July 2, 2016 at 12:45 am

If her record label didn’t think it needed a re-edit then why should they. It stands on it’s own. They are not re-releasing for the African market; they are doing it for the International market who haven’t heard the song. I think it’s a great thing that a song from 2014 can still be found amazingly relevant 2 years later – at least to the point where they want to re-release it. Good on you Seyi Shay…I love the song.

4. Tosin

July 2, 2016 at 2:30 am

Amen!
    Pull up for the reload!
    I love you I love you I love youuu!

5. wizzy

July 2, 2016 at 1:42 pm

Love the song but I think you should do a new thing

6. David