Relationships

South Korean-Nigerian Love! Susy Shin & Prince Obinna Ogbuji’s Pre-Wedding Photos

BellaNaija Weddings

Obinna and Susy_South Korean and Nigerian Pre-Wedding_6656 Prince Obinna Ogbuji and Susy Shin are getting married on the 13th of August 2016.

They met in South Korea, where the bride is from. Here are their pre-wedding photos! We wish them a beautiful future together.

***Obinna and Susy_South Korean and Nigerian Pre-Wedding_7144 Obinna and Susy_South Korean and Nigerian Pre-Wedding_6595 Obinna and Susy_South Korean and Nigerian Pre-Wedding_6662 Obinna and Susy_South Korean and Nigerian Pre-Wedding_7125 Obinna and Susy_South Korean and Nigerian Pre-Wedding_6679 Obinna and Susy_South Korean and Nigerian Pre-Wedding_6672

1. Sultana

July 14, 2016 at 3:42 pm

Pre wedding shoot in wedding dress and suit??? Seriously? There must be a mix up somewhere or maybe that’s how it’s done in Korea?

• queen

July 14, 2016 at 3:45 pm

my thoughts exactly

• Hane

July 14, 2016 at 3:47 pm

This is how it is done in South Korea. read books, read about other culture before exposing your ignorance on BN.

• Kiiki

July 14, 2016 at 4:37 pm

Calm down Hane. Simple thoughts were expressed. There’s absolutely nothing wrong in asking questions as long as insults are not spewed.

@Sultana and @Queen, in South Korea, it is the norm to have Pre-Wed shoots in Wedding Outfits. Reasons vary as to why this is so but it is majorly because South Koreans (Asians in general) prefer the Traditional Wedding processes called the “Honrye” and “Pyebaek” which involves wearing their gorgeous/ exotic traditional outfits.

So, presumably, to still have that Modern Wedding look/experience, the couple pays for a shoot at a studio and it comes Prepackaged with Wedding dresses and Tuxedo rentals as well as back drops, hair and makeup.

I hope this helps ?

• Sultana

July 14, 2016 at 8:53 pm

Eeeya. Pele Hane. Jesus loves you!

• Sultana

July 14, 2016 at 8:56 pm

Thanks Kiiki!

• ATL's finest

July 15, 2016 at 7:58 pm

@ Hane inhale a breathing treatment for it ain’t that deep. Not a lot of folks understand other culture. Just because they don’t know, doesn’t mean they are ignorant. I only knew because my Uncle is married to one & Yes, eight Years ago, I laughed & said the same thing until I got to understand it ALL.

• ATL's finest

July 15, 2016 at 7:58 pm

*Understood*

• Amaa

July 14, 2016 at 6:20 pm

In the Asian culture this is how it’s done. A way of getting arround your ignorance would have been to ask the question than come to the conclusion based on your limited knowledge. My people talk say person we dey ask question no dey miss road.

• Sultana

July 14, 2016 at 8:55 pm

Pele Amaa. Jesus loves you! if you go back to my comment and your comprehension skills are functional, then you’ll see the question there 🙂

• Bolanle

July 15, 2016 at 3:41 am

Thank you!

• Rhon

July 16, 2016 at 4:36 pm

What is Asian culture? Is Asia a country like many people act like Africa is? There are many cultures in Asia, Narrow it down to a nationality please…

• jade edo babe

July 15, 2016 at 1:10 am

Naija men fit marry anybody. Chai I hail una o especially my igbo brothers.
      I’m sure igbo people dey for Antarctica. Na eskimo naija wedding we go see next.
      Congrats to the couple. South korean women have this innocent look about them with their soft baby skin.

2. "changing moniker"

July 14, 2016 at 3:44 pm

Hahaha……
    Why am I laughing? Me sef no know …
    Congrats you guys. …..

3. Oluwakemi Titilayo Adeoye

July 14, 2016 at 4:20 pm

I love…..chinese X Nigerian….just beautiful

• Congratulations!

July 14, 2016 at 4:30 pm

She is not Chinese. She is SOUTH KOREAN! What’s with all the ignorant comments? And, yes, it’s beautiful. They’re beautiful together. May God bless their union and home.

• Nahum

July 14, 2016 at 5:00 pm

LMAO!!!! We Nigerians can be extremely and painfully ignorant. No vex

• ElessarisElendil

July 14, 2016 at 5:23 pm

EEEYAH, me sef love South-Korean and Ghanaian.

Lighten up man.

• isabelle

July 14, 2016 at 4:41 pm

She’s korean, not chinese.

4. Nsikak

July 14, 2016 at 4:21 pm

Lovely

5. Bey

July 14, 2016 at 4:52 pm

Igbo kwenu.
    I respect Igbo men’s hustle sha, no where you wont find dem.
    Abi dem dey North korea too with kim jong-un.

• Ajala & Foodie

July 14, 2016 at 7:06 pm

My thoughts exactly only i did not limit it to an ethnic group. I thought to myself I am sure there is a Nigerian in N. Korea somewhere. We no dey sit for house!!! But eh ain’t we all looking for greener pastures.

• chidera

May 20, 2018 at 11:00 am

igbo ezigbo mba, the Japanese of africa #IGBO EVERYWHERE U GO# !Igbo kwenu!

• chidera

May 20, 2018 at 11:11 am

igbo ezigbo mba, the Japanese of Africa.#IGBO EVERYWHERE U GO# !igbo kwenu! igbo ndi oma.

6. Halima

July 14, 2016 at 5:03 pm

Fine combination. Their kids would look good!

7. Lizzy

July 14, 2016 at 5:33 pm

Wow ooooo lucky u I love south Korea to say me well to min ho Oppa and hang geun suk,and my unnie min youngshi

8. gbemisola

July 14, 2016 at 5:35 pm

beautiful baby they will have.

9. concerned

July 14, 2016 at 5:36 pm

I actually like the pre-wedding shoot. I didn’t get nice wedding pics as the groom is not supposed to see the bride before and by the time we finished the service I didn’t look the same. It also rained. Sometimes I wonder who made all these rules that we’re religiously following!

10. j'suis belle

July 14, 2016 at 6:04 pm

love this

11. Oma

July 14, 2016 at 6:28 pm

Why is this so cute? because its unusual maybe, i love it

12. Cindy

July 14, 2016 at 6:34 pm

From a lover of Korea, I’m really impressed. This is because from the little interaction I’ve had with them, I find them to discriminate darker colors. So I’m really impressed that the bride looked beyond that.

13. olorire

July 14, 2016 at 6:55 pm

Love thisss…hmmm the babies would be so cute

14. Abuja Bored Girl

July 14, 2016 at 9:46 pm

I love the pictures. Extremely beautiful.
    Memoirsofanabujaboredgirl.blogspot.com

• Mz Socially Awkward...

July 14, 2016 at 11:12 pm

I know! The photos are really beautiful in their simplicity… And the couple look great together too (Obi ain’t bad looking at all!… This “owa” wife has good eye).

Congratulations to them and may their union be more beautiful.

15. Slim

July 14, 2016 at 10:46 pm

So I have hope,I can marry so ji sub,lee soo hyuk,yeo jin goo,lee min ho or even kim soo hyun *gotta buy a plane ticket to korea fast*

• Ama Ghana

July 15, 2016 at 5:16 am

Please So ji Sub is for me oo loool That guy tho…<3 <3 (@so ji sub)

• lisa

July 15, 2016 at 11:06 am

I agree!! Korean men are soo hot!!!! out of the other asian cultures, i think they have the hotter guys

16. dammy

July 14, 2016 at 11:29 pm

awwww the first i’m seeing

17. Stella

July 15, 2016 at 1:29 am

Igbo men!!!Kai !!! , they are everywhere and penetrating anywhere.. they fit do anything to advance in their hustle, they get mind ooooo

18. Slim

July 15, 2016 at 6:59 am

So ji sub is my hot ahjusshi o lol…. How are you ama ghana? Are you a kdrama fan?

• Ama Ghana

July 16, 2016 at 3:51 pm

Yes ooo…..have you watched Oh my Venus, Chai…that guy haff kill me

19. Loveth Best

July 15, 2016 at 8:18 am

Honestly, can’t really believe this, that a Korean can get married to a black. well all the best

• Rhon

July 16, 2016 at 4:38 pm

In the Caribbean there are many black and Asian intermarriage. It’s normal, maybe its novel in Nigeria but I guess things in the “old world” are different than the Americas.

20. lola carey

July 15, 2016 at 6:52 pm

Nigerian men and their love for anything foreign and fair!

21. Muhmood

July 16, 2016 at 7:44 am

This could be another way Nigerians in diaspora want to another touch of having a foreign partners as wife. Gone are the days when Nigerians were crazy to have European partners from places like England, Germany, Holland, USA, Russia and Spain. The smart ones are looking in Asian direction to create a new waves their before other bandwagon join in the race because in the Western world Nigerians are known for their confidence game so it is quite okay to go Asia places like South Korea, Malaysia and recently India in another destination for Nigerians. One place l believe they don’t want to go is in the Arab world for such moves eg Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, Oman, Baharain,Qatar and Kuwait. Finally, l pray to see a Nigerian making that move it rich there, there is oil wealth in that region so smarter Nigerians should take on idea, but don’t do anything stupid there you could be beheaded be straight with them there ladies adore black guys and also secretive. Good luck !

22. Tobigirl

July 20, 2016 at 3:32 pm

I love inter-racial and inter-tribal marriages! Gotta look past our differences and let love thrive, congrats to the couple.

23. Harold Adam

July 22, 2016 at 9:16 pm

Lovely photos! Me self wan marry Saudi Arabian woman.

24. Celia

September 20, 2017 at 9:26 am

Kai….Igbo men sha….lemme cum and be going to Korea too!!

25. Winsome Loraine Peter

January 13, 2019 at 8:44 am

Wow!!!…Absolutely amazing..!! I could not believe my eyes. I say this sensitively because of my previous experience working in Asia. This is the first for seeing a Korean girl and an African/Nigerian guy together and married too..!!!…because of the way Asians generally, and Koreans feel about dark skinned people…This is a huge surprise!!!…but I am happy that there is a breakthrough in Asia with not only accepting dark skinned people but also marriage with dark skinned folks. I wish this couple every blessing for the future…their kids will be so beautiful…!!!