Events

Tiwa Savage, Rita Dominic, Mo’Cheddah & More Celebs at Toke Makinwa’s Mother’s 70th Birthday Party

BellaNaija.com

Last night media personality Toke Makinwa and her siblings celebrated their mother, Esther Aduke Akinyelure, as she turned 70.

Happy family!

Happy family!

It was a huge party, hosted by Tee A, with several of Toke Makinwa’s celebrity friends in attendance.

The event was attended by Tiwa Savage, Rita Dominic, Mo’Cheddah, Debola Williams, Michelle Dede, Gbemi Olateru-Olagbegi, Kunbi Oyelese, Noble Igwe, Thelma Okoduwa Ojiji, Ariyike Akinbobola and many more.

See the first photos below.

Toke Makinwa

Tee A & Toke Makinwa

Tee A & Toke Makinwa

Toke Makinwa, Rita Dominic, Michelle Dede

Toke Makinwa, Rita Dominic, Michelle Dede

1. Jade

July 18, 2016 at 3:25 pm

Toke Makinwa has always wanted fame and be out there. So, it must be dream come true for her that celebrities attended her mom’s birthday. Happy birthday, mama Toke.

• canigetsomeintelligencehere!

July 18, 2016 at 3:48 pm

Perhaps you should pursue your own dreams/ambitions. You might turn out as fortunate as toke.

• Sisi

July 18, 2016 at 4:44 pm

LOL yeeessss

• Jade

July 18, 2016 at 7:53 pm

So, you think you are throwing shade. You are real Olodo. I am pursuing my own dream and so far turning out well. I’m more than fortunate bcos God has done more than what I even expected.

I wasn’t throwing shade at her, I respect her hustle. Just referring to when she mentioned how a guy broke up with her bcos she was nobody at that time. And she made she she became famous and become a somebody. I’m only confirming that her dream came to pass.

• canigetsomeintelligencehere!

July 18, 2016 at 8:47 pm

I see I hit a raw nerve there! so sorry darling.

While I am so happy that like toke, you are pursuing your dreams and making great success of it, perhaps you should take some writing classes to enable you articulate your thoughts better. It will save you the trouble of being misunderstood in the future. You might also do well to pick some lessons on emotional intelligence on the way so that you learn how to be less emotional when it isn’t necessary.

Olodo rabata!!!! I couldn’t resist coming down to your level….lol! xoxo

• Titi

July 19, 2016 at 12:57 am

God bless you for that comment.

• Jade

July 19, 2016 at 1:57 am

@canigetsomeintelligencehere
      My statement is VERY clear. You clearly lack comprehension skills. And Obviously, you are the one who lacks emotional intelligence bcos you chose to be petty and pick a fight for no reason. Learn to choose what battle to fight bcos you made a fool of yourself. Go back to read my statement when you are in your right mind and you will see how clear my statement is instead of misinterpreting it.

You and the others who liked your comment are probably the same ones always bashing Toke on here. Y’all can get lost. I said, my opinion so if you want to go kill yourself over Toke’s matter go ahead. I stand 100% by what I said.

• Seriously

July 19, 2016 at 7:24 am

Damn, you must be Toke herself. You tookk the comment to heart. You ok? It ain’t even that serious.
      Toke probably saying somewhere. I’m famous, beeches don’t care what the crazy blogs say

• Corolla

July 18, 2016 at 5:49 pm

@Jade, your comment and unnecessary beef is played out. Most people are tired of hating on this girl. Get a life already!

• Jade

July 19, 2016 at 2:02 am

I’m not hating. You guys are the ones with heart of hate to easily think another person is hating. She said, her dream was to be famous. And I said, her dream came true with all the celebrities at her mom’s birthday. Nothing wrong with what I said.

• aj

July 19, 2016 at 3:57 am

your first statement looked like shade and sounded condescending.

• Jade

July 19, 2016 at 1:40 pm

@aj
      You should be smart enough to know just bcos it looks or sounds like something doesn’t mean it is.
      People learn to expand your vocabulary. “Hating” and “shade” is overused unnecessarily. Come up with sensible words.

• Fisayo

July 19, 2016 at 5:38 pm

@Jade relax yourself.

You sound really pinched.

• Jade

July 19, 2016 at 7:07 pm

@fisayo
      I made my comment but people decided to carry Toke’s matter on their head. Their own guilty conscience is worrying them and want to be dramatic. So, assess your brain well and figure out who is pinched? Abeg, go to sleep.

• AceOfSpade

July 18, 2016 at 6:07 pm

Thelma Ojiji is the truth! Dayummmnn! That girl is foine!! Is she dating anyone. Eyin BN profilers….where can I meet her? Let me try my luck with her if she is free and wants to mingle. I’m a bit less than 30, have a flexible job that pays well. I am also abowonile 😉 but not like Davido kind of owo ooo so I’m capable of taking care of you everyhowlly. Oya holler

• adelegirl

July 19, 2016 at 2:13 pm

And she has two lovely children to boot. Sorry AceofSpade, she’s not available.

• Fleur

July 18, 2016 at 7:13 pm

Why do Estanola and Kunbi look like alien life forms? Is it the eye makeup or too much contouring? Ah dunno…..

• Aliens

July 19, 2016 at 9:29 am

As in…I was taken aback when I saw the pic first..a little scary!

• Tru

July 19, 2016 at 9:42 am

I swear I thought so too!!!! LOLOLOLOLOLOL

• Somtoo

July 19, 2016 at 10:08 am

i think its a new snapchat filter. stuff is ridiculous. Various filters that can turn u purple, put flowers in your hair and then make you look alien like by enlarging your eyes.
      Biko what does kmt mean? I feel it will go here but cant use it as i dunno what it means

• canigetsomeintelligencehere!

July 18, 2016 at 8:45 pm

I see I hit a raw nerve there! so sorry darling.

Olodo rabata!!!! I couldn’t resist coming down to your level….lol! xoxo

2. Rayva

July 18, 2016 at 3:28 pm

I just love Toke…………she is the epitome of girl power. happy birthday to your mum.

3. eby...ie

July 18, 2016 at 3:30 pm

So those pple are celebs?. sorry dear,they are normal human beings that have one head,two eyes and one body. Them no fall from heaven so Toke doesn’t have to wish. Whether they attend or naa,the party will hold.

4. Mrs Ikpu Ocha

July 18, 2016 at 3:33 pm

They all slay.
    Aunty BN, please how can I send my sob story on your platform? Thanks

5. You are an idiot,sorry ignoramus

July 18, 2016 at 3:37 pm

Which of the celebrities present is more than Toke?you evil children of hate and bad upbringings,trained only to give negative comments,you will die of hatred and bigotry.

• Avia

July 18, 2016 at 5:57 pm

I read quite a few comments like this on most Toke post even though there is absolutely no negative or “evil” comments about her, and always wondered why. The same tone and obviously the same person with multiple comments. Are you deliberately trying to start drama on any posts about Toke? Because if you liked her, you would leave a positive and complimentary comment, as opposed to flooding the post with comments like these. “Bigotry, hate, character assassination”…. ? You spent way too much time and energy on trivia nonsense, it is never that serious.

6. Missappleberry

July 18, 2016 at 3:49 pm

Kunbi’s dress is so hawt! ?

7. @ fake Jade.

July 18, 2016 at 3:51 pm

All this paid negative commentators,trying very hard to wipe up tribal and useless sentiments in Toke and some names not from their tribe,play your last card,very soon Nigeria will start going after online karachikas that are always ready to promote negative hatefilled comments,Germany rounded some people promoting hate online today,some will be in for upwards of five years in prison.Bloggers promoting character assassination be warned,the day of reckoning is coming.

• CocoI

July 18, 2016 at 6:12 pm

Seriously what exactly are you on about? Captain save-a-ho in your tin foil hat, are you off your meds?

8. mo-cheddah

July 18, 2016 at 3:53 pm

mo’cheddah, plz tell me it lighting…or what happened to your beautiful caramel, honey, brown sugar skin

9. Celebrities?

July 18, 2016 at 3:57 pm

You must fall from heaven,Toke has paid her dues,with class and grace.
    Please show your mother,for us to know who will come to celebrate her.Evil character assassination must not be allowed.

10. Ifeyinwa Atuanya

July 18, 2016 at 4:13 pm

Why selfies?

They could have shown pictured – their glamorous looking gowns?

Toke Makinwa looks glam.

11. Prince

July 18, 2016 at 4:22 pm

Tiwa is damn looking fab these days oooooooooo. My bae of life #savagesoldiers

12. jules

July 18, 2016 at 4:32 pm

Pls dis concealer n highlighter thing on d brigde of d nose is becoming unbecoming. Enough with d too much bronzer! PllllllSsss!

13. deedee

July 18, 2016 at 4:50 pm

Toke and Tiwa kinda look alike…

14. Teju

July 18, 2016 at 4:52 pm

Hello. Please can anyone help provide April by Kunbi and Toju Foyeh’s contact details.. Thanks in advance. Cheers

• Prince

July 18, 2016 at 5:50 pm

check them out on instagram or facebook. I’m sure their contacts are there

15. Nneka

July 18, 2016 at 4:52 pm

Happy birthday ma! Wishing you many many more healthy years. So great to see Ope Makinwa!

• Sekini

July 18, 2016 at 5:04 pm

you are a f..l…..rotflmao

Whats up with the ‘ma’….do they know you….na wa cyber familiarisation.

• Tee

July 19, 2016 at 12:52 am

was that fool you wrote ?its called respect not familirisation . She will most likely see the post . Learn to keep quiet of its not nice

16. pearl

July 18, 2016 at 4:59 pm

please were is mama Toke in all these pictures? thought it was her birthday

17. Kanny

July 18, 2016 at 5:03 pm

Oh Mi Gosh! The second girl from the left is gorgeous. Goes to show dark skin slays because she’s totally killing it and served better than the others. Toke’s mum is fab! Toke looks good in that dress. Beautiful family!

18. Thelma

July 18, 2016 at 5:08 pm

It’s her adopted mum… Both of her parents are dead long time ago… But she looks like that woman so much

19. Hanie

July 18, 2016 at 5:13 pm

Toke the slayerrrrr, As she likes to say on her snap, her face is popping, and that glow girllllll. Stay Beautiful,Happy Belated Birthday mummy Tokstarr

20. Puzzles

July 18, 2016 at 5:33 pm

I thought I read some comments on previous BN posts calling Toke an orphan? Or is this her adopted mum?

Abeg I am not wishing her bad o.

Someone please clarify.

21. BM

July 18, 2016 at 5:34 pm

happy birthday to this wonderful mother of beauties. Her daughters seem so young. . . who knows if she had had delays. One Toke is worth seven daughters.

22. See

July 18, 2016 at 5:37 pm

Lovely. Tiwas’s painter though! Sometimes she’s almost unrecognizable.

23. Tina

July 18, 2016 at 6:29 pm

I thought she was an orphan?

24. Marie

July 18, 2016 at 7:17 pm

Dey all slayed well but I don’t like tiwas make up with dat dress…..its not nice

25. Miss Anoni Moss

July 18, 2016 at 7:17 pm

All these years I believed Toke was an orphan mmnn never believe what you read on the Internet. Happy Birthday to her mum ?

• True story

July 18, 2016 at 7:34 pm

That’s very right, she is an orphan. A child doesn’t have to come out of you to be yours.

• Joy

July 22, 2016 at 1:39 am

Yes she’s truly an orphan believe it or not!

26. Majestic

July 18, 2016 at 7:45 pm

Lovely! No offence but Tiwa really looks like that witch from Malificient, maybe it’s the eyebrows or eye makeup,I don’t know.

27. @Avia or Awoof

July 18, 2016 at 7:48 pm

You may be paid as a negative evil Provocature,but be sure you are living a useless life,we know you,children trained by bad negative upbringing on tolerance and mutual respect.The pattern us the same,just the name brings out negative comment.shioooor.

28. yipee

July 18, 2016 at 8:49 pm

Thelma Okoduwa so unrecognisable

29. Chi

July 18, 2016 at 10:38 pm

But who is celebrating again-Toke Abi her mum?

30. Ask google

July 18, 2016 at 10:49 pm

You need to pray more so that there will be reason to celebrate in your household,coded negative post will only bring sorrow to your life.

31. dee girl

July 18, 2016 at 10:58 pm

What’s up wiv Estanola & Kunbi Oyelese?looking kinda funny

32. @ cocol or Avia/abia

July 18, 2016 at 11:43 pm

We know the in house pattern,be sure a day for the owner will be here soon,you this silly lots.

33. Precy

July 19, 2016 at 12:03 am

Kunbi and co your names should be “irene” and ” the return of irene”
    Ewoo…. those are the kind of eyes Buhari need in cabinet. Lol.. Just teasing, I like her!
    Like Toke too, she’s done well for herself. By the way, celebrant isn’t in any of the photos, How come ?

34. Ms jazz

July 19, 2016 at 2:00 am

Awww Rita looks amazing! Beauty

35. Bimpe

July 20, 2016 at 8:45 am

Pls where Toke’s husband Mr Maje Ayida?

• Tee

July 20, 2016 at 10:33 am

Didn’t you see him on your bed when you woke up this morning?