Style

3 Quick & Natural ways to Lighten Dark Underarms by OmabelleTV | Watch

In this video by OmabelleTV, she’s showing us how to lighten dark underams using ingredients you already have in your home.

Advicing against shaving, she advices that waxing is best for hair removal to avoid discoloration. One ingredient she suggests are Potatoes, cut two pieces off, rub it on your dark underarm area and close your arm, leaving it in for 10-20 minutes. You should see results within a few weeks to a month.

The next is Baking Soda which she refers to a a ‘holy grail’ product, mix it with water into a paste, apply to your under arm leaving it in for 20-30minutes and wash it off after.

Lastly is Lemon, another ‘holy grail’ product because you can use it anywhere else, elbow and dark thighs too.

Watch the Video

1. armanda

August 4, 2016 at 5:28 am

I can testify to the effectiveness of using lemon. And she is so right, shaving and using deodorant does not help at all.

2. dee

August 4, 2016 at 6:36 am

Using a cream irritates my underarm so much I went back to using the shaving stick. Thanks for the tips. Would definitely try out the lemon. But i have a question tho, Isnt lemon very acidic? Leaving it on the skin for 20/30mins, would it not leave the skin very dry?

• Anon

August 4, 2016 at 8:40 am

You can water it down if not it may burn the skin. Even baking soda as a paste can burn sensitive skin. It is best to liquidise it. Laser shaving is better than waxing to avoid skin discolouration.

• Anon

August 4, 2016 at 8:41 am

Laser hair removal*

3. peju

August 4, 2016 at 8:08 am

Really needed this. I have dark underarms.

• Daizzy

August 4, 2016 at 8:57 am

My underarms are bright and I always get compliments from friends when I have on sleeveless. I use to have dark underarms but they brightened up when I started using only hair removal to shave and immediately after shaving, I apply natural aloe vera gel to it. Try this for a month and see if your underarms don’t brighten up.

• CeeJay

August 4, 2016 at 9:56 am

@ Daisy, can you please elaborate on the procedure you use? When you say hair removal, what do you mean please? I have dark underarms and i want to get rid of it. I usually use a shaving stick. Please reply. Thanks

• Mama

August 4, 2016 at 11:58 am

There are depilatory creams you can buy from any cosmetic shop for about #500. You rub it under your arm, leave for about 5 minutes and then shave with the attached plastic shaver that comes with the cream. I think the most popular is veet, then there’s one by palmers. After you shave donot use a roll on or deodorant spray cos it can irritate your armpit. You can shave at night or on a day you don’t plan to go out so that you won’t need to use a spray for your armpit. Depending on how fast your under arm hair grows, you repeat the process say every week or every two weeks. If you have sensitive skin then make sure to buy the one that read “sensitive skin”. Also, as in my experience, leaving it for longer that 5-10 minutes could lead to stinging or burns. Use only for underarm as is specified on the pack not down below 🙂

4. Fatima

August 4, 2016 at 9:24 am

Very good advice. Also lemon and baking soda can help reduce underarm odour

5. le coco

August 4, 2016 at 9:55 am

very nice video, and advise.. now to those who assume that people with dark underarms are just dirty… smh

6. I know??

August 4, 2016 at 10:29 am

My own wahala na bumps ohhh. Advice pls can’t wear sleeveless sam sam

• AGirlHasAName

August 4, 2016 at 11:49 am

@ I know?? 1) Visit a certified pharmacy and get a prescribed antibiotic. Make sure you complete the dosage.

2) Don’t shave your underarms for at least two weeks. Avoid sleeveless clothes or any kind of clothing that will reveal your underarms throughout this period.

3) Change your antiperspirant. I recommend Nivea Pearl & Beauty Roll-On. Those Nivea Antiperspirant Roll-Ons that come in short white bottles are particularly kind to underarm skin.

4) After you shower in the morning and at night, douse a wad of cotton wool with apple cider vinegar and clean your underarms with it. Do this before you use antiperspirant for at least two weeks.

5) After the two-week period, switch to a hair removal cream (Veet is a good brand) in place of a shaving stick. By this time, the bumps ought to be completely gone. Good luck.

• Noneedforantibiotics

August 5, 2016 at 3:34 pm

Please don’t abuse antibiotics because you have bumps. Bumps=ingrown hair. Stop shaving, use a depilatory cream to get rid of armpit hair. Apply aloe vera gel after using depilatory cream, to soothe the skin. Give your armpits a good scrub with a good body or facial scrub once a week to remove the build up of deodorant. Lastly, apply lotion to your pits daily before using deodorant, it keeps the skin there hydrated. Hydrated skin=healthy skin

• Mama

August 4, 2016 at 12:01 pm

Don’t use a shaving stick and don’t use roll on or deodorant spray immediately after shaving. Air your armpit after you shave by wearing sleeveless clothes so that any cuts or burns can heal. Thats what help with mine.

• Rubynnia

August 5, 2016 at 12:48 pm

Hi I know,

For your bumps, try applying castor oil. I once noticed a swelling in my armpit and castor oil flattened it for me. I applied it before bedtime. You can get castor oil from your local pharmacy. It isn’t expensive.
      Cheers!

7. olajumoke

August 4, 2016 at 1:47 pm

Please how many times can we repeat this process of using baking powder or lemon to cleanse the uderarm before it starts to go light? Once a week, twice?

8. Enny heart heart

August 4, 2016 at 7:10 pm

What about the vag area, nobody is talking about it.

• "changing moniker"