BN TV

BollyLomo Believes “Buns is the Ugly Brother of Puff Puff”! WATCH a new Episode of “The Hustle” on BN TV

BN TV

Puff Puff is one snack that is popular to West African countries like Nigeria, Ghana, Congo and Liberia and you find vendors frying and hawking them on the streets and selling them fresh and hot!

On the Hustle with BollyLomo, he goes on the streets of Lagos to learn how to make the snack and he spoke to a woman who owns a puff puff making business. She shared a little bit of her recipe saying “We use flour, baking powder, salt and sugar”.

Commenting on his one-day hustle, Bolly said “Buns is the ugly brother of puff puff…Its a market that is readily in demand”.

Bolly also helped sell the puff puff to people in traffic and passers by and he did make lots of sales for the woman.

When asked how much profit is made in a day from selling puff puff, one of the puff puff attendants said they make up to N40,000 ($114).

Watch and enjoy!

1. Jo!

August 8, 2016 at 11:02 am

40000 * 5 * 4
    800k monthly, minimum. hmmnnnnn

BTW, please don’t disrespect buns like that, ugly brother of what? We can fight because of that o

2. le coco

August 8, 2016 at 11:29 am

maahn I’ve been making g puff puff for now but it just doesn’t taste the same abeg.. I’m going to need to go and sit with one of those ladies for a day and see wht they put in it.. cus it’s frustrating how it doesn’t taste d same sef.. brings be to tears…

3. Baby gurl

August 8, 2016 at 11:52 am

I agree with BellyLomo joor. Have u guys tasted rocky puff puff. The time I was in London and paid £5 for 5, I knew they had done me from my village lol. Btw buns is easier and cheaper to make. After one day it can’t even glide smoothly in ya throat again but puff puff is that friend that will last through the times. Yes I’m this passionate about it lol.

• Anon

August 8, 2016 at 12:07 pm

Not cheaper but easier, because with yeast you have to watch it rise at the correct temperature. I think buns is even more expensive to make because you will need milk, margarine and baking powder.

The difference is yeast. Yeast in puff puff is what makes it light and smooth. Baking powder or soda bicarbonate in buns is what it makes it heavy and rocky. Rock buns. I don’t even go near it.

• nene

August 8, 2016 at 9:05 pm

its not cheaaper

4. Tolulope

August 8, 2016 at 1:54 pm

Oh my dear puff puff!!!

5. FasholasLover

August 8, 2016 at 2:08 pm

Hot puff puff and hot fried fish? I am dead and gone to heaven!

6. Ada_ugo

August 8, 2016 at 2:17 pm

thanks Bolly, now I’m craving puff puff AND buns!

7. nene

August 8, 2016 at 9:05 pm

buns might be the ugly brother but its the rich ugly brother that rocks your world

8. o

August 8, 2016 at 9:45 pm

I will take buns over puff puff anyday…. Love it!!