BN TV

“The Nigerian man making Africans laugh”… BBC Profiles Instagram Comedy Star Aphrican Ape

BN TV

Social media is where the fame is right now!

With over 300,000 followers on Instagram, Dami Olatunde who is better known as Aphrican Ape has become quite the social media sensation because of his hilarious videos about African family life.

_90617524_aphricanapepapa _90617528_aphricanapewithlogo

Based in the US, the former accountant reveals that he quit his “boring and annoying” day job to pursue comedy. Now he’s making people around the world laugh with his take on African culture.

He was featured on a new episode of BBC Trending.

Watch below.

1. artklub

August 8, 2016 at 1:08 pm

see how this one is calling himself – i won’t even repeat it. u are not just a clown you are a “minstrel” show – go and read up on that. self hate is a hell of an illness…

2. Felinda

August 8, 2016 at 1:30 pm

Of course they’ll choose to profile first the one with such a name as african ape.

• S

August 8, 2016 at 6:17 pm

You might want to ask why “ape” and educate yourself before rushing to think the worst. It’s his college greek fraternity

3. kene

August 8, 2016 at 2:14 pm

The grace of god is truly not fair… I am happy for him, respect his grind and hustle however this guy is dry as shit….. At times he nails it but most times he is boring… And I am not a hater I swear…

• Corolla

August 8, 2016 at 4:07 pm

I agree with you. He is not funny and his delivery is dry. However, I respect his hustle and recognize how huge and wonderful it is to be profiled by BBC. With 300k followers, I guess there are people who actually find him funny.

4. Anon