Events

Fierce at Fifty! First Look at Veteran Fashion Designer Deola Ade Ojo’s Fab 50th Birthday Party

BellaNaija Living

deola sagoe 50th birthday bellanaijaScreen Shot 2016-08-22 at 13.59.15_8_2016_

Extraordinarily talented fashion designer, actress and one of the pioneers of the Nigerian fashion industry, Deola Ade Ojo celebrated her 50th birthday on Saturday and it looked spectacular. The event was planned and decorated by event and cake designer, Gloria Kekere-Ekun of Fara and Zara, and her daughter Teni Sagoe and photographed by Tolani Alli.

See the first photos from the event designer and guests like Denola Grey and Bidemi Zakariyau.

deola sagoe 50th birthday bellanaijaScreen Shot 2016-08-22 at 13.58.56_8_2016_ deola sagoe 50th birthday bellanaijaScreen Shot 2016-08-22 at 13.58.44_8_2016_ deola sagoe 50th birthday bellanaijaScreen Shot 2016-08-22 at 13.58.51_8_2016_ deola sagoe 50th birthday bellanaijaScreen Shot 2016-08-22 at 13.58.37_8_2016_ deola sagoe 50th birthday bellanaijaScreen Shot 2016-08-22 at 14.00.16_8_2016_ deola sagoe 50th birthday bellanaijaScreen Shot 2016-08-22 at 14.00.24_8_2016_

Happy Birthday Aunty ! ?✨ @deola_by_deolasagoe cc @allthat_t

A video posted by Denola Grey (@denolagrey) on

? besos

A video posted by Denola Grey (@denolagrey) on

Twirl baby ??

A video posted by Bidemi Zakariyau (@bidemizakariyau) on

Photo & Video Credits: Instagram | @tolanialli, @denolagrey, @bidemizakariyau

1. Prince

August 22, 2016 at 2:48 pm

If anyone come near you say MONEY NO GOOD, run from that person and never return. I am fabulously wealthy

• AlabamaUncutBlog

August 22, 2016 at 2:59 pm

Chai! God bless you, God bless your comment!

• keke driver

August 22, 2016 at 3:21 pm

lmaooooooo

• bree

August 23, 2016 at 9:33 am

does it mean that this woman isn’t in her 30’s…. oh my God..her skin, her body says 34

• Bella

August 23, 2016 at 11:06 am

my dear, money is good!

2. Baby gurl

August 22, 2016 at 3:10 pm

No wonder no social media posts frm my fave designer for 3 wks now she was planning her parry. Happy Birthday Miss ??

3. Igbeyinadun

August 22, 2016 at 3:28 pm

All I see is class and exquisite taste..Happy birthday to you ma’am.

4. Varina

August 22, 2016 at 3:37 pm

Deola Ade Ojo? I’m confused. Thought she was Deola Sagoe. Looks fabulous

• Anon

August 22, 2016 at 3:49 pm

She reverted to her maiden name a few years ago. She also changed her business name to House of Deola.

Waiting for all the pictures…

5. 50 is the new 35

August 22, 2016 at 3:42 pm

Loooove that she dropped the name Sagoe. See how she’s shining and brimming. There’s life after the end of a bad marriage. The other woman too who celebrated 50, and doesn’t look her age at all. What’s her name again. Someone remind me. On that post too that’s how someone said it is women of their generation running a things by their selves with their kids still look young and fresh. No man palava to age your destiny away. Happy birthday Deola.. Many more years of Grace and sheer awesomeness. Your talent and composure are an inspiration to many. Your girls are blessed.

• Baby gurl

August 22, 2016 at 6:19 pm

Enitan Osibodu; thank me later ? .Honestly life without a husband is gearing up to being the No 1 anti-ageing tip o lol

• Bella

August 23, 2016 at 12:06 pm

I love dis your comment o. I grew up in a culture of bad marriages and stick it out till you die. I feel so empowered to know that at 50, you can look this fabulous , divorced and single. Its a new era and i hail thee all my beautiful woman who have decided to turn away from death by bad marriage.

• adeanon

August 22, 2016 at 7:39 pm

True Inspiration, I don’t know what happened in her marriage of course, but I admire her getting on with it.

Too many of us ‘stayed’ for the children. Until my 13 year old daughter asked me – How can you continue to let him treat you like this? And I wept that it took the same children I am so called staying for to let me get a brain reset. The story is long, but elements in most of these problem marriages are the same. Infidelity, emotional abuse, financial abuse etc. The one to the last ‘straw’ was me going out to fetch the post one morning in my pyjamas and he closed the door and left me outside for 3 hours. No phone, no house keys, neigbours gone to work. Rural area no bus. 3 hours in freezing winter, whilst my I was on my period.. 3 hours whilst he was skyping his mistress and looking at me through the bay windows letting me know what he was doing. As I soaked my tampon and stained my pj bottoms and blood started to pool in the snow, I KNEW I had to get out. But I didn’t.
      I let my daughter witness more than 1 year of him giving me the complete silent treatment after that till she could take it no more and asked me that question.
      So now 6 months after I left him, I am glowing. I have peace of mind. The kids are adjusting. He stopped paying tuition for the children because he ordered me by email to move back within 48 hours, but God has provided in uncountable ways. I am not sleeping with anyone( his greatest insecurity). I filed for D, now hes saying he doesn’t want one. I can’t wait to sign those papers and drop his name. I am not bitter, simply getting better!

• Wunmi

August 22, 2016 at 8:17 pm

Waoh,just simply Waoh.My heart is beating so fast just trying to picture ur story.

• Chiamaka Benson

August 22, 2016 at 9:45 pm

bELLA Please Can you make Adenon post a separate post
      Many women who are in abusive relationships need to hear this testimoney and story
      God be with you Adeonon.

I am glad you move on and this is probably the greatest gfit you gave to your kids
      The greatest gift you can give you in is FORGIVENESS after you move on. Dont let him hold you prisoner unforgivenesss

I know you must have summed it here for us but if you dont mind you can tell us the full story in a completely separate post and BN keep your name anonymous

• Simi

August 22, 2016 at 10:24 pm

I literally put my hands on my head once I reached the part about you been left outside in the cold.

Please know and always believe that you did well and you did right by your children. Sometimes watching your parents give themselves the silent treatment can feel worse for some children than a situation in which they are constantly fighting.

In this case, it touches me in a different place sef cause the abuse levels warrants the question ‘how can you do that to a human being?’ not necessarily ‘how can you do that to someone you claimed to love at some point?’. It’s just inhumane!

My prayer for you is that the God who has been providing will provide FOREVER. If you are a person of faith (any religion), be comforted in this. I have experienced it. Often just in the nick of time, but ALWAYS.

• chichi

August 22, 2016 at 10:33 pm

@Adeanon Woman always showing us that life goes on regardless, husband or no husband. The irony of the child waking you up from your loveless nightmare is just brilliant. As adults and parents sometimes it takes others even people far far younger than us to see a situation we are blind to or at least understand that our reasoning just doesn’t make sense. Its not about God its about right or wrong and you don’t have to be religious to know what is wrong and in the end what is wrong ends up hurting those kids. Well done for finding your strength. Trust me to this day I wish my parents could just go their separate ways and be happy instead of letting us their kids witness them live a life of pretense and a lie. In the end you loose respect for your parents even if you love them no less. The harsh reality is that life is too short to just accept what doesn’t work after trying a long time to make it work. Anyway to the main story, happy birthday mam!

• Authentic Sunshine

August 22, 2016 at 10:53 pm

Oh God Nooo…..noooo my dear….nooo he didn’t.

• Concerned

August 23, 2016 at 4:02 am

Adenon, may God continue to strengthen you…… Abusive men out there are just sociopaths who derive pleasure in just having someone under their power that they can torture to stroke their damaged egos. Love is not supposed to hurt. He became powerless the moment you you became powerful and that never feels good for the ego of an abuser.

• memebaby

August 23, 2016 at 6:18 am

May God bless you with peace, good health strength and love. and your kid(s) will forever be grateful to have you as their protector. Bless you!

• Candy

August 23, 2016 at 9:08 am

You’re strong my dear. live your life, God is going to open greater doors for you.

6. fab queen

August 22, 2016 at 4:50 pm

Beautiful event… woow factor! but na only denola grey waka come??? wey all her friends ni?

• Jo!

August 23, 2016 at 6:04 am

Means the friends at her party were actually her REAL friends. They were busy having fun and making sure she did too and not trying to post everything on Instagram to show that “Deola na my girl”.
      So the only videos and pictures BN could find were of those two up there.
      Lol
      Right?
      Actually like the fact that there was no hashtag

7. Gogo

August 22, 2016 at 6:47 pm

Lovely woman, and I don’t even know her. ? Happy 50th maam. She deserves it.

Abeg, she doesnt need fake lagos friends at her event. ?She can do bad all by herself.

8. feefee

August 22, 2016 at 9:32 pm

If that is what 50 looks like, I have nothing to fear..wow!

9. EKPO

August 22, 2016 at 9:51 pm

@adeanon you deserve to be happy! God bless your soul

10. Adeanon

August 22, 2016 at 10:16 pm

I’d love to share my story . Didn’t mean to make this wonderful post of Deolas party all about me, but something just triggered it all.

11. Selfless

August 22, 2016 at 10:48 pm

Adeanon. I don’t know you but I’m in awe of you being so strong, even as you weathered the storm. I know how people say women bash men on here. But that’s not true. Bella naija has a fan base of women. Please share your story so young women like me can learn from you. Sending you love light & happiness from Canada. x

• adeanon

August 22, 2016 at 11:03 pm

Thank you! I had no option but to weather the storm. I have to do right by my children. God has called me to so much more than pretending to be happily married. God has been consistently faithful. I am not about bashing men at all, I believe in true love. I believe there are very many decent men out there. I just happened to marry a narcissist and did not have healthy boundaries at all.

12. m

August 22, 2016 at 11:10 pm

Wow Adeanon happy you have peace. HBD Deola. maybe we should take it easy on seeing her as the victim and blaming oga Kofi. I heard she and her family treated her ex who has moved on now thankfully, so bad. Close qtrs describe her as nasty. They almost wrecked him but for God. she is a case study for men who struggle to go looking for OBO and big name especially when you depend on them.

13. Selfless

August 22, 2016 at 11:17 pm

@ Adeanon, BN posted excerpts from your above comments as a story. Hopefully they’ll be in touch with you and we will get to read it in full details, i will keep and eye on it. Your a STRONG, BEAUTIFUL, INTELLIGENT woman. Don’t forget that and don’t let anyone tell you otherwise. God bless you ma’am

14. HONESTY

August 23, 2016 at 4:55 am

@Adenon not only did you brought tears to my eyes, you remind me of my ex whom I

15. HONESTY

August 23, 2016 at 5:12 am

@Adeanon not only did you made me teared up, but you remind me of ex whom I thought without him am in incomplete. what women go through all in the name of marriage and what would the society say. our story is the same but i was without child for him. I was beaten, emotionally abused, and traumatized. My GP told you gonna die when i went for check up one day my blood pressure was 190/130 so I was a timed bomb. The studio flat we both rented infarct I paid more than him I was locked outside in a frenzy London weather for unending hours and when questioned him I was given the beaten of my life. went to my friends some sympathy with me honestly and some mocked me, I dared not call my mama or family back home to make matter worst i don’t have paper so he always used that to threatened me a lot so I can call the police cos I dunno be deported back home so my case was pathetic. On my way to blue water mall where I worked I spoke to myself, yes I called my name and said you wanna die or live because of man, is obvious he doesn’t love you, the day I addressed my problem by MYSELF was the day I made I made a final decision to leave this guy that is abusing me and at the same time robbing of me of my hard earned pounds. Am so happy where I am today to the glory of God and self decision. Is a good to be in love and love but love with your heart not your brain.

• Ozyy

August 23, 2016 at 11:25 am

well done ma’am…GOD’s blessings shall never leave you

• adeanon

August 23, 2016 at 3:43 pm

Honesty

Similar story. Thank God for the strength to realize our self worth. God will give you beauty for ashes x

16. Adeanon thank you

August 23, 2016 at 10:47 am

You have helped me realize with My 2 year old child I need to make moves now or “my enemies” will have her/him at 13 year’s old telling me the same thing!!! Financial abuse, verbal abuse, spiritual abuse, antagonist amongst many other doesn’t look good on me so I will not continue to wear it. Once I am able to secure good, no great work (because I deserve it), it’s time to make moves. #forthesakeofme!

• adeanon

August 23, 2016 at 3:41 pm

Hi darling, sorry to hear someone else is going through this. If the situation doesn’t improve with family intervention, commit the situation into God’s hands. I prayed and prayed and made sure God was ok with my plans. He opened doors like no other. And I am not special at all, so I know he will do the same for you. x