Relationships

First Look: Designer Kunbi Oyelese of April by Kunbi & Lanre Tomori’s Wedding

Designer Kunbi Oyelese of April by Kunbi has her white wedding to Lanre Tomori today!

It’s been a beautiful journey from introduction to here, and BellaNaija Weddings has been there all the way.

The bride designed her dress and bridesmaid dresses. Her bridesmaids include Toke Makinwa, Mo’cheddah, Gbemi Olateru-Olagbegi.

Here’s a first look! Keep refreshing the page for more throughout the day.

***

The cake

#Kunbirella themed cake! By @heladodelicia #KAndL2016 #BellaNaijaWeddings

A photo posted by BN Weddings ? (@bellanaijaweddings) on

BellaNaija Weddings was live at the after party ! Here are some photos and videos – Falz performed.

@oakenevent ?? #BellaNaijaWeddings LIVE tonight at #KAndL2016 See our Instagram Story!

A photo posted by BN Weddings ? (@bellanaijaweddings) on

Guess who was in the building?! #Falz! #KAndL2016 – watch more on our Instagram Story ???

A video posted by BN Weddings ? (@bellanaijaweddings) on

????? @aprilbykunbi ??? #KAndL2016 – see more on our Instagram story! #BellaNaijaWeddings #BNWeddingsVideo

A video posted by BN Weddings ? (@bellanaijaweddings) on

Photo Credit: Instagram.com | #KandL2016 | Jide Odukoya Photography

1. kole

August 28, 2016 at 3:28 pm

Congrats and happy married life. This dress though. I’m underwhelmed. So mocheddar, toke and gbemi are the 3 that make this wedding a star-studded event?

• mona

August 28, 2016 at 4:49 pm

It would be a ‘conflict of interest’ for some people to attend because a lot went down in NY/NJ . BN is censoring tea jare so we can’t spill but yeah, there is a reason why some people can’t show face. HML

• Tamilore

August 30, 2016 at 2:53 pm

abeg… gist us.

• meeee

August 28, 2016 at 5:44 pm

We’ve seen so much on the bride and her Friends, we havent seen anything on the grooms friends or he doesnt have anY? not even a picture of his friends during the trad. I dont understand o

• jide

August 28, 2016 at 7:29 pm

If I tell you why BN will delete o. HINT: did you hear of him before now?

• ATL's finest

August 28, 2016 at 8:44 pm

Lmao ooooookkkkk! I hope we will see sth Congrats to her but her dress tho hmmm whatever rocks her boat.

• Wunmi

August 28, 2016 at 8:51 pm

I don’t see any celebrity here tho.It seems they all went to another wedding,titiandjimi# all the faces I was expecting to see are not here o.I guess she’s not friends with these everyday recycled celebs despite being a celebrity designer.
      HML to them.The dress is ok.You can tell she copied it.Abd the makeup is perfect on her.Very light and nude.

• BlueEyed

August 29, 2016 at 7:43 am

I’m actually not surprised, this is exactly what I pictured her doing for her wedding, funny enough since this is what I thought she’d be doing, I actually think she looks good in it, a bit too much on the train but she didn’t fall too far. Now where I was underwhelmed was with the bridesmaids dresses, enough with that excess fabric nonsense Nigerian designers! It is played out and so 2013

2. Arachne

August 28, 2016 at 3:29 pm

She looks regal!

3. Jade Edo babe

August 28, 2016 at 3:38 pm

I like the dress, it’s unique. Mo cheddah and Toke share resemblance in the first two photos. They are both the same complexion now, I love technology. You can change anything about yourself.

• Naijatalk

August 29, 2016 at 12:26 am

Shade?

4. Chichi

August 28, 2016 at 3:39 pm

Happy married life. Beautiful dresses ? on both you and your bridesmaids

5. Daisy

August 28, 2016 at 4:01 pm

Her dress is lovely. I see tiaras are making a comeback

6. hmmn

August 28, 2016 at 4:15 pm

HML. Don’t know about this dress sha

7. bab

August 28, 2016 at 4:20 pm

Congrats kunbi. Your dress is soo lovely and at the same time conservative.so proud of girl!

• le coco

August 28, 2016 at 5:19 pm

lool.. and conservative? ok

8. ekama

August 28, 2016 at 4:27 pm

Mo’cheddah is the TRUTH. She’s all shades of fine!

9. See

August 28, 2016 at 4:38 pm

Lovely gown. This ‘ororo’ Toke rubs on her cheek bones these days hmm… It’s ok

• Anon

August 28, 2016 at 5:23 pm

Ha! Ha!! Shimmer blush. It does have a way of looking oily.

10. Cynical

August 28, 2016 at 4:41 pm

Na wa o……was just thinking that someone would have fixed something today with this horrible weather,maybe a child dedication and I see this. Have a good celebration Kunbi and happy married life,I hope the rain doesn’t dampen your fun. But this rain today ehn….the flooding everywhere,no be small thing. I hope it clears out by tomorrow o.

11. artklub

August 28, 2016 at 4:57 pm

hurry up and marry – how many posts does it take to get married? just do it and move on..

• @artklub

August 28, 2016 at 5:04 pm

“Hate, hate hate
      Can you never hate?
      No, no, no!
      Why, why, why?
      Because you’re too bitter!
      Because you’re too jaded!
      Because you’re too lonely!

• artklub

August 30, 2016 at 7:30 am

lol, come on child u know am right! who hate ‘epp? i dey yab, na my culture and right as a nigerian. u too do & say what u feel.

• jide

August 28, 2016 at 5:07 pm

When you take a chronic bachelor off the market, yeah you need all the media coverage to mark your territory o. Lanre na Notorious tinz. LOL

• misskemo

August 29, 2016 at 1:15 am

I don’t think they’ve done anything out of the ordinary lol intro, court, trad and white wedding is standard procedure nowadays. ps you really dont have to click if its really getting to you xx

• artklub

August 30, 2016 at 7:37 am

i hear you dear, but thats just about 100 things u have to do before u get to the actual marriage, then u will still hear stories that touch….all that shakara – bells & whistles, is unnecessary “buildup.” buildup does not make the marriage. i prefer the chick that just rolled out with no makeup, lol and by now has gotten on with her marriage, meanwhile this wedding is still uploading…..this is just pompous display of hot air and money down the lagoon. no offense to these people cuz its not their fault that nigerians have adopted such inflated and faux traditions, pulled again from what? hot air. my opinion.

12. Bubu

August 28, 2016 at 5:01 pm

Happy married life to them. The makeup, I think the artists for both her engagement and wedding did not get it right. She has a cool pretty face and does not need too much makeup. Congrats girl may God give u all the blessings that comes with marriage. Gbemi you are next in Jesus name Amen.

• tee

August 28, 2016 at 5:53 pm

Lovely dress. I think her makeup is just perfect. MUAs these days have a way of making one look very different(not like one’s original self), but she still looks like herself and very pretty too.

13. jide

August 28, 2016 at 5:07 pm

BN stop deleting comments jor. This is a democracy o.

• ATL's finest

August 28, 2016 at 8:47 pm

Don’t mind BN. If they didn’t want comments, why post it for us to read. My opinion ( d dress didn’t do no good). As designer she should know better. Yes its her day but how did she cope with those long sleeves ???

• Hian

August 29, 2016 at 12:23 am

Why bother with BN ofcourse they’ll monitor and delete comments as well predicted
      Thank God there are way better blogs where there is freedom of speech. Bella is only good for second hand gist and always late and only good for Wedding and Asoebi borrowed photos. BN has no other specialty

• Stephanie-feld

August 29, 2016 at 12:50 am

Then why are you here and not on those other blogs. Or why can’t you create your own and your rules to go with it. Neither of you pays bellanaija. You have access to all the pages/sub pages for free so they have a right to run their blog as they deem fit. It’s not paid services/subscription where you can dictate things.

14. Fani

August 28, 2016 at 5:48 pm

Happy Married life to them . Her dress is unique and the bridesmaids all look lovely

15. i love my husband

August 28, 2016 at 6:40 pm

I don’t like the dress AT ALL….the dress is too big and too much is happening on it..it just swallowed her figure up….maybe if the sleeves weren’t long…I don’t know but the dress just doesn’t fit her well. ,…but anyway the wedding is over, who my opinion epp..lol. I pray that your marriage will be forever in harmony

16. Kkay

August 28, 2016 at 7:05 pm

Pass me some Mo’cheddah, please. I just love this sassy young lady.
    Congrats to the couple. HML

• ATL's finest

August 28, 2016 at 8:45 pm

I knowwwwww me too & No homo

• Fashionista

August 28, 2016 at 9:48 pm

Please I’m behind you on this queue Abeg! Mo Cheddah smoulders every single time. See her waist!

17. diva

August 28, 2016 at 7:16 pm

Okay oh from
    Prewedding to court to bridal shower to traditional to white, the next will be after wedding photos…

18. "changing moniker"

August 28, 2016 at 7:21 pm

She looks like a real princess….,
    MUAs want to justify the 100s of 000 they charge.

• Baby gurl

August 28, 2016 at 7:30 pm

Lool u know!

19. Modella

August 28, 2016 at 8:00 pm

I have been underwhelmed by all her previous dresses,from her bridal shower dress to the yellow trad outfit…and this is just the height of it! HML to her.God bless her new family

• MissJay

August 28, 2016 at 8:28 pm

Underwhelmed Ko abovewhelmed Ni ..Is She dressing to impress you? Women put a lot ,into their wedding gowns. It’s quite a sensitive matter, so if you are not impressed, just zip it

20. aikay

August 28, 2016 at 8:19 pm

WOW everything looks simple and lovely from her gown to her bridesmaids attire. I mean kunbi is known to be the best wedding dress couturier so for her to come up with this then there must be something special about this that we don’t see on camera. Maybe it is more gorgeous in real life. All the same girl happy married life joor. I can see the FACE OF NIGERIAN WEDDING posing more than the bride as usual. She still dey follow young divas like Mo cheedah dey drag bridemaid position just to get cheap publicity when all her mates dey arrive as special guest. I’m sure by the time Kunbi’s daughter will be getting married Toke will still be there to pose for first photos on BN with her ruler shape.

• Segi

August 28, 2016 at 8:51 pm

A tad mean, but I lol…

• The Real Oma

August 28, 2016 at 9:09 pm

No, too mean, i didn’t LOL

• salo

August 28, 2016 at 9:00 pm

Nawa ooo, so much bitterness n u will still pray to God, better ask for forgiveness from God n to crown it up u said u re sure like u re in her life wt her

• Amanda

August 28, 2016 at 9:17 pm

The name Toke and her picture seems to make your body itch. I hope you will be fine.

• Chaiii!!

August 28, 2016 at 9:20 pm

Some people sha have no chill o!! Haba? How do you sleep at night? When you no gree rest on top another person matter? How e dey take do you? Don’t goan get heart attack on top another person’s controlled online content o!! Create your own illusion if e dey pain you.

• Iris

August 28, 2016 at 10:47 pm

She can’t control her ‘ruler shape.’ Maybe it is because of people like you that she went a’bleaching.

• slice

August 28, 2016 at 11:42 pm

What an evil heart nasty heart you carry around

• Sherlie Holmes

August 29, 2016 at 3:59 pm

Gosh, that was a bit harsh o…I hope you’re prayerful, God dey and he does fight for His beloved.

• Tamilore

August 30, 2016 at 3:09 pm

That was mean. How Toke personally vex you?!?!

• Kbear

August 30, 2016 at 7:30 pm

You are such a pathetic being for shading Toke like that. You pple will never hear! If you havent walked in someones shoes, just shut that hell whole u call mouth!

• Kbear

August 30, 2016 at 7:32 pm

*Hole*

21. Sall

August 28, 2016 at 9:14 pm

Nobody noticed she took off her ear rings in the first pics where she is kissing the groom. The church I guess…

Happy married life….you look happy. Wishing u the all best

• Red

August 29, 2016 at 4:59 pm

SDAs don’t wear earrings. Seventh Day Adventists. Also, the reason why their wedding is on Sunday; Sabbath.

22. Gorgeous

August 28, 2016 at 10:02 pm

The wedding dress is underwhelming. But I guess the bride loves it. I like the bridesmaid dresses. They are well sewn.

23. Amh

August 28, 2016 at 10:07 pm

Beautiful bride. She looks like a princess’s. She’s really talented. Lanre chose her. Loves her and married her. Your own hubby will come too. Enough of the hate. After all the ooni of ife married a none ho. He’s oblivious too her hoeness and stood by her. Lanre is a changed man who loves kunbi and married her above others. Happy married life princess’s. You exude class and charm.

• shabba

August 28, 2016 at 10:46 pm

They rarely change but I hope you are right. The Lanre that we all know has changed? I laugh in swahilli.

• temi

August 28, 2016 at 11:50 pm

In sunny Okosun’s voice – great change, since I met the Lord. There is a great change since I met the Lord. The guy is all over the place though. He likes novelty until the next novel thing strolls in. HML tho

• Anonymous

August 29, 2016 at 12:45 am

You have to be a hoe to know a hoe now. Why did you bring Olori into this? Always so mean spirited.

24. Blessing

August 28, 2016 at 10:26 pm

There is this uncanny resemblance between Mo’cheddah and Toke, or is it the hennesey ?

• Iris

August 28, 2016 at 10:49 pm

Ta! Put down the alkoooool. Hennessey on top BN? Lol
      Yes they do look the same. Same skin tone (in this picture), same hairstyle, and these days with the way makeup is applied you look less like yourself and more like a generic version of something else.

25. Felinda

August 29, 2016 at 12:39 am

Happy married peaceful marriage to the couple. May you have twins cos I know kunbi love twins like I do as she always saids on her page. .

On the other note, I pray for day I see the makeup free face of Toke aka Scholarstica (go watch movie Scholarstica on iroko) , that day should be national holiday. #TakeThemSwimming

• Red

August 29, 2016 at 5:01 pm

Kunbi’s hubby has twin sisters. So Amen to the prayer.

26. Felinda

August 29, 2016 at 12:46 am

By the way I see other images floating on IG banky, ebuka and the whole gang was there. Even Muffin Brothers ☺ok maybe not the narcissistic Muffin Brothers but honestly the foremention were all present so u people should stop jumping to conclusions.

I am sure bellanaija.com will later come with part 10 showing u all the wedding photos

• Not True

August 29, 2016 at 2:42 am

Not the same wedding.

27. Sisi

August 29, 2016 at 1:15 am

Beautiful dress, glad she didn’t disappoint. God bless your marriage dear. Xx

28. mela

August 29, 2016 at 4:28 am

Happy married life. May ur home be filled with joy.
    Pls which church did she we’d?

• theo theo

August 29, 2016 at 9:28 am

I think 7th Day adventist.

29. Lady

August 29, 2016 at 9:52 am

Bride loves red lips sha. we rock baby. #TeamRedLips any day any time. Pepper or Burgundy Red……….Smiles. HML

30. Lady

August 29, 2016 at 9:55 am

But red lips will be too sharp for my white wedding gown so i can go nude lips or dark pink then red again for reception dress….Winks

31. Olanna&Odenigbo

August 29, 2016 at 11:35 am

looooove the main dress…. Regal overload. the princess thing isnt my personal style, and she could ‘ve done without the tiara but.. I LOVE it ON HER! that 2nd picture of her stepping out of wherever that was, adjusting her sleeve was perfection…makes you pause and stare… not a fan of the 2nd dress.

32. Tutu

August 29, 2016 at 1:22 pm

Did anyone else notice that Bimms didn’t put up a pic of Kunbi in the aso-oke on insta. That’s so weird. Maybe they had a tiff. I expected more from Kunbi though. Expected her to wear like 5dresses. Remember when Shakara Couture got married? She totally killed it with every outfit.

• Kbear

August 30, 2016 at 7:36 pm

You are right… Thats why she is ShakaraCouture.. Not AprilbyKunbi. ?

33. wendy

August 29, 2016 at 1:43 pm

Beautiful Cake, No comment on Makeup of nowadays… Not feeling the wedding dress at alllllllllllll… Wishing her all the best!!!!

34. olorire

August 29, 2016 at 2:51 pm

her dress was AWESOME!! i was blown away!!!!!! and that hubby of hers is FINE!!!!

35. Dammy's queen

August 29, 2016 at 6:37 pm

Nice wedding BUT wedding dress too busy, trail too long that d whole train is holding it for her, normally it shuld be just d maid of honor, too much of everything. not cool

36. faridah

August 29, 2016 at 9:27 pm

I like d dress but am not in love with it….happy married life

37. I love toks

August 30, 2016 at 7:55 pm

But mocheddah’s facial tone ain’t the same with her neck and arms. Looks like she applied two shades of colour lighter than hers. Toke’s mkup is perfection

38. Naomi

September 1, 2016 at 2:37 am

Lovely!!

39. Naomi

September 1, 2016 at 2:39 am

Lovely wedding!!

40. Ch

September 6, 2016 at 4:14 pm

That time when Toke cldnt “overdress” than everybody else, she just had to conform to the bridesmaid’s attire jejely.

41. Olakunbi

April 5, 2017 at 4:11 pm

Hey girl, I love your works! Fantastic!