Music

Gospel Artistes Donnie McClurkin & Nicole C Mullen are Engaged

LAS VEGAS, NV - FEBRUARY 20: Nicole Mullins and Donnie McClurkin arrives to the 2016 Stellar Gospel Awards - Arrivals at the Orleans Arena on February 20, 2016 in Las Vegas, Nevada. (Photo by Leon Bennett/Getty Images)

LAS VEGAS, NV – FEBRUARY 20: Nicole Mullins and Donnie McClurkin arrives to the 2016 Stellar Gospel Awards – Arrivals at the Orleans Arena on February 20, 2016 in Las Vegas, Nevada. (Photo by Leon Bennett/Getty Images)

Gospel artiste and minister Donnie McClurkin announced his engagement to fellow gospel singer Nicole C Mullen on a TV show called “Praise the Lord” on Christian station TBNTrinity Broadcasting Network.

The 56 year-old has never been married before but is a single father, while Nicole, 49, was previously married but divorced in 2014.

Donnie said on the show after the host made the announcement – Christian Post transcribes,

“Well praise God,”

“Honestly, the only thing in my life that is missing is marriage. The only thing that is missing in my life that can cause real family, is marriage. Financially, I’m there. Spiritually, I’m almost there. Emotionally, I’m getting it together. But the only thing that’s missing out of everything that I’m doing locally, cross country and globally is that aspect that makes family, family — is that wife that would make man whole, that element that brings favor to man.”

Click here to see the full episode!

Source: Christian Post | Photo Credit: Leon Bennett/Getty Images

1. Doreen

August 13, 2016 at 9:22 pm

When I call on Jesus all things are possible……congrats to them.

• WHAT!!!!

August 14, 2016 at 9:12 pm

Nicole is divorced? she looked so happy with her oyinbo hubby and kids.

2. Yvonne Simpson

August 13, 2016 at 9:35 pm

I have waited so long to hear this announcement…Praise God…I wish all the best for you both.

3. Sebastian

August 13, 2016 at 9:44 pm

Indeed, all things are possible with God. Congratulations, brethren in the LORD.

4. Idomagirl

August 13, 2016 at 9:46 pm

Congrats!!!!! ???

5. Lailatu

August 13, 2016 at 9:54 pm

God makes all things beautiful at His time. Seems like a beautiful match to me. God bless them.

6. Naijatalk

August 13, 2016 at 9:58 pm

Well well well, it’s wedding season for gospel artistes. I’m genuinely happy for them particularly Donnie; he has endured far too much speculation.
    I must say I’m shocked I’m only just learning about Nicole’s divorce from this announcement. I’ve definitely been under a rock.

• Damilola

August 14, 2016 at 3:32 am

Me too. I didn’t know she’s divorced. I’m happy for Donnie. I had my speculation about him, I wondered why he doesn’t want to get married. Well, I’ve been proven wrong.
      Nice couple. God bless them.

• Wanderlust _Trekeffect?

August 14, 2016 at 4:22 am

This would be her second divorce actually 🙂

7. Que

August 13, 2016 at 9:59 pm

I threw my hands up with so much joy at this….. didnt know they were an item, but I have wished this day for him since watching him on tv cry- like quiet sad cry-over the absence of marriage in his life….it was a very genuine desire for him, and I am super stoked he’s getting it…..wish them longevity, God’s grace and enough love to sustain them.

8. Niyoola

August 13, 2016 at 9:59 pm

Aaawww

Bless!

9. Baby gurl

August 13, 2016 at 10:04 pm

Wow who knew they were dating!!! What a beautiful combo divinely orchestrated by God almighty. I wish you a blissful marriage. Congrats and God bless.

10. Ritchie

August 13, 2016 at 10:29 pm

I’m disappointed to learn that a Christian will remarry while her spouse is still alive. As much as I love her work, I’m taken aback by this act- it’s against what the Bible says.

• Kanobabe

August 13, 2016 at 11:08 pm

Ummm…wake up, it’s 2016. There are many prohibitions that worked in biblical times that are not workable today. If you choose to live in the dark ages feel free to do so. Many christian women are enjoying their remarriages and it is talk like this that keeps others from leaving unhappy or abusive marriages. Live and let others live. Shalom!

• Mama

August 14, 2016 at 12:40 am

Guess what??? There is no marriage in Heaven!!! God still loves her and nobody will go to hell because they are divorced. Hell is for those who reject Jesus!!!
      Stop being small minded!! No sin is bigger than the other, so as long as you sin, you have no right to point fingers at anyone!!!!

• Wanderlust _Trekeffect?

August 14, 2016 at 4:09 am

She was a victim of domestic violence, she had every reason to divorce.

• Marie Hope

August 14, 2016 at 7:20 pm

The Bible states provisions for divorce..

• Truth.

August 19, 2016 at 1:41 am

Stop half-reading and quarter-quoting the Bible. Did you bother to find out whether her divorce was on Scriptural grounds? or you just refuse to accept what even the Word of God says and that there are actually Scriptural grounds for divorce?

• Ambrosia

September 13, 2019 at 6:42 am

What’s really surprising is that she would even consider marrying a man who has professed openly to being gay!!! Yes, that’s what McClurkin said on TV… but claimed he has been “delivered from the curse of homoseuality”. What about the curse of HUV??? Nicole… think child….

Moreover why do these homosexuals get the boldness to hold themselves out as ministers while intentionally living as a gay man and sinning 24-7…yet preaching and expecting followers to listen to them but, at the same time reading, ignoring and violating Romans 1 and Leviticus 18 which strongly condemns homosexual acts. Not just sinning, and repenting here and there, but LIVING A LIFESTYLE OF CONTINOUS SIN 24-7 as a homosexual. Donny, Donny… pray, pray, repent, repent.

11. beauty

August 13, 2016 at 10:34 pm

Mmmh, never saw this coming! Congrats both of them. Who missed me??

12. LordZak

August 13, 2016 at 10:36 pm

This is beautiful… God bless this union…

13. chuks

August 13, 2016 at 11:37 pm

Congrats marriage is a beautiful thing but what does the Bible say about divorce ? they are gospel singers they should know

14. Adjoa Lily

August 13, 2016 at 11:59 pm

Praise be to God

15. ME

August 14, 2016 at 1:42 am

And if they have babies, they would be singing the house down. Lol. Didn’t know Nicole was 49. Black don’t crack. Wish she wasn’t previously married but hey there is an exception to the divorce ‘rule’…..I hope her marriage to Pastor Donnie stays strong and blissful for the rest of their lives. Amen.

16. Simi

August 14, 2016 at 2:45 am

I’m hyperventilating like he is my brother. Almost can’t breathe. Really hoped this for him especially because he desired it.

Well, in my heart, I kept matching him with Yolanda Adams. And I really liked Nicole’s relationship (from the outside looking in oh) with her ex-husband but oh well.

Anyways, this is great news. Congratulations.

• Afua

August 16, 2016 at 4:46 pm

I too matched him with Yolanda #smiles

17. nunulicious

August 14, 2016 at 6:25 am

a marriage made in musical heaven.
    congratulations!
    Gods best.

18. BlueEyed

August 14, 2016 at 6:40 am

Enough with the “speculation” thing, come and out and say that Y’al weren’t sure he was cured of the “gay demon” (whatever that is)
    Anyway happy bearded life Nicole! Lol

19. Sugar

August 14, 2016 at 7:34 am

So happy for both of them . I pray that they’re friends till the end of time

20. Tee

August 14, 2016 at 10:33 am

I know some folkes see being ‘Gay’ as a bigger sin, sin na sin for Bible whether you be runs babe, thief, ritualist, murderer, liar, greed, unforgiveness, envy. Thank God he was delivered! But what I don’t get is ‘Mathew’. Are pastors supposed to engage in pre-marital sex or co-habit like Dietrick Haddon that defended why he did it on LA Preachers. What about a divorced woman whose two husband are still alive. Abeg someone need to help me shed some light here cos I’m confused. I just don’t understand what a church goer and pastor believe anymore. If he acknowledges his mistake as sin I can understand but not seeing sin as sin is dangerous. I taya for church folks o and pastors that gets us so confused about the teaching of the scripture and the people that go to them for counselling. Make every man sef God with fear and trembling these days o, and look not to any man but God alone. A friend of mine is still awaiting her pastors apology/ explanation on alleged affair with a church girl in Abuja and another friend for the recently divorced pastor. Make God help us all.

• lolarae

August 15, 2016 at 9:49 am

That is why you have the bible and the Holy Spirit. Let your heart guide you. Start your own journey towards knowing Christ and dont let various teachings distract you.

Before you make a decision, pray hard about it, if you have peace then its a go. You know Christ and understandsHis love for you. Will He want you to stay in a marriage where your husband cheats, abuses you emotionally or beats you?

People make mistakes. You might marry a man and find out he is not who you thought he is and vice versa. If he doesnt amend his ways, will you die there from depression? Hian.

Please, Christians do not follow teachings blindly. Be wise. There is a reason we were given The Comforter. Let the Spirit guide you to all truths. Sermon over

• Redeemed_Believer

September 12, 2016 at 12:43 am

Dear Tee,
      Donnie McClurkin acknowledged his sex out of wedlock as sin on multiple occasions. He stated clearly that sex outside of marriage is against the will of God. He admitted that he’d offended God, and didn’t try to pretend like what he’d done was okay. I think it’s better for a pastor who has sinned in this way to acknowledge to his flock that something he did was sinful. He did that without hedging or trying to justify himself to his flock. I heard him do this on more than one occasion with my own hears. He was very clear that his sexual acts were sinful, and I note that he didn’t try to cover it up by paying somebody off or participating in another sin like abortion. He’s been honest about the fact that while he should never have had relations with a person who isn’t his wife, he is still called to be a good father to the child who resulted.

WIth regards to Nicole, I’m not of the mindset that she needs to prove to us that she is has a scriptural right to remarry. We know that the book of Matthew (chapter 5 ) tells us that adultery is a reason for divorce to occur. We don’t need to ask her to give us details regarding whether or not she was cheated on. We also know that when one’s spouse refuses to leave in peace with you as a believer (and I believe the domestic violence she experienced at the hands of her ex spouse falls into this category), then you are no longer bound to that person if they decide to leave you (1 Corinthians 7:15). She doesn’t owe us the details about whether either or both of those provisions apply to her. She owes that only to God and to her spouse to be.

21. Tee

August 14, 2016 at 10:35 am

Sorry guys, Mathew is Kim’s son, the woman that is good for **** but not good for marriage.

22. adetuwo

August 14, 2016 at 4:07 pm

this is absolutely unbiblical, how can a divorcee remarry when her or his spouse is still alive . the word of God that is forever settle is clear on the matter. just because supposedly great gospel artistes are doing it does not make it right. it’s sinful in all ramifications.

• Truth.

August 19, 2016 at 1:57 am

“”How she can remarry whilst her ex-husband is till alive””? Go and read the answer in your Bible.
      When you have done that, kindly note that she suffered mental and physical abuse in her first marriage and that she that she had cited “”Biblical reasons”” for her divorce in her second marriage.

And all those talking trash about Pastor Donnie, you’re all just so evil and empty. A man who had been open about the traumas of his life, of his family, what happened to him, his journey, and the grace of God through it all; even here in Nigeria as far back 1998 -2000, I still remember sharing openly at The House on The Rock Church. I am beyond happy. I am so grateful to God for what He has done.

Most of all, WATCH THE PROGRAMME ON TBN. CLICK ON THE LINK, IT’S AMAZING! IT REALLY IS A REALLY RICH EPISODE!

23. amaka

August 14, 2016 at 7:01 pm

I absolutely agree with adetuwo. I’m disappointed in Donnie. After coming so far, how can he marry a divorcee? And she is so old. Doesn’t he want children? I disagree with this Union. It goes absolutely against the bible’s teachings….

• Anonymous

August 14, 2016 at 9:11 pm

The divorce part is cool and all but your “she’s so old. Doesn’t he want children?” Please eff the hell off with that backwards and sexist bullshit. A woman isn’t only marriageable as a young woman and for childbirth. That’s why Nigerians marry people they don’t care about because a man is pressured to marry a younger woman he may not be compatible with. Lol babe you better already be married and hope your marriage lasts forever because YOURE NOT GOD. Ps he has a child already.

• Tru

August 15, 2016 at 11:24 am

Fortunately their decision is not up to you, is it.

• Redeemed_Believer

September 12, 2016 at 12:45 am

Donnie is already a parent, as is Nicole. And if they really want to, she can carry his baby. Every heard of Sarai, the wife of Abram? She was much older than Nicole when she got pregnant. Also, unlike people in bible times, we have IVF and donor eggs as options.

24. Marie Hope

August 14, 2016 at 7:20 pm

The Bible offers provisions for marriage as well

25. 'Diddie

August 14, 2016 at 9:15 pm

Congrats to Donnie and Nicole. Wish them marital bliss…

26. FinchleysFinest

August 15, 2016 at 9:08 am

See people quoting scriptures like they have everything going on 100% in their life/lives…

Congrats Donnie & Nicole..

Biko can you do a remix of all una songs. I can’t wait to hear
    -When I call on Jesus ft Donnie
    – My redeemer lives ft Donnie

27. Afua

August 16, 2016 at 4:42 pm

I am extremely elated for Donnie and Nicole…truly God makes all things beautiful in His own time.

28. debby

August 17, 2016 at 8:17 pm

I am really happy, especially for Donnie, because I had read once where his mother wished he was married. I have always loved Nicole too. May God continue to guide them and keep them in eternal joy.

29. Jon

August 22, 2016 at 9:48 pm

You guys know he’s 100% gay right?

• JAKE jr

August 23, 2016 at 1:52 am

If he’s GAY THTS this business as long as they are happy I say do yall…Ok Kirk Franklin suppose to be a recovery homosexual he MARRIED…so????

30. JAKE jr

August 23, 2016 at 1:44 am

OMG IF U GET MARRIED 6 times or more even doe ur spouse IS still alive and u wanna get married Again until u find the rite person..HELL I SAY DO YOU AS LONG AS YOU R HAPPY. IF PEOPLE JUDGE JUST PRAY FOR THE DEVIL..YOU NEED TO BE HAPPY FOR YOURSELF AS LONG AS YOU PRAY AND BREAD THE BIBLE DO YOU…AS AMENNNNNN

31. Unicorn

September 13, 2019 at 1:21 pm

“that element that brings favor to man.” This is such a powerful statement.