News

“President Buhari has a good heart; he’ll bring the country out of the woods” – Pastor Tunde Bakare | WATCH

The General Overseer of the Latter Rain Assembly, Pastor Tunde Bakare has called on Nigerians to be patient with President Muhammadu Buhari, adding that the President has a “good heart, and will bring the country “out of the woods”.

He said this while speaking to State House correspondents when he visited the president on Friday.

“It’s too early and just too soon to begin to judge. If there is anything I know about Mr. President, it is that he has a good heart. He loves this country and he wants the country to run well. But it takes time. I know we are all impatient and in a hurry and I trust we will come out of the woods,” he said.

“When you are driving on a wrong direction, for example, you are going to Ibadan and you face Badagry, and you get to Cotonou and you realise you have gone in the wrong direction for too long a time, then you make a U-turn, there will be some suffering you have to go through.

Pain is part of gain. No pain no gain. The years of wastage and all that we have done wrong has finally caught up with us. All we are praying for is wisdom for this government to do things right and to do the right things so that gradually, we can begin to come out of the woods,” he added.

Watch below:

1. yu

August 20, 2016 at 12:10 pm

What is wrong with this people? For God’s sake you are a man of God, speak the truth! My parents who are solidly upper middle class- both business owners, have 4kids abroad are struggling in this Buhari economy- I am being forced to move back home to relieve the burden on them since I still have younger ones HERE- despite the fact that I’m supPosed to be starting my Post grad at an Ivy league school IN a matter of days- and yet your saying no pain, no gain- what about the average joe?-there is no day I don’t hear of someone committing suicide in 2016 Nigeria or IDP’S whose bones look like the wings of a chicken. This one done pass hunger- it is starvation -buhari is incompetent +ethnocentric and corrupt- yes I said it- NA RIVERS STATE MONEY HE USED to win the election.. TUNDE BAKARE REmember Jeremiah the weeping prophet- it is time for weeping and speaking truth to power. This suffering cannot be from GOD- buhari is not the messiah and for every day that he is there, lives are being lost and destroyed.

2. Aminu

August 20, 2016 at 1:47 pm

He has a good heart and he has not said anything about his kinsmen (fulani herdsmen) maiming and killing innocent people all over the country. If he truly has a good heart, he’d be fair in his appointments and wouldn’t marginalize any part of the country. He is getting it wrong becoz he has chosen to surround himself with sycophants like you. He is repeating the same mistakes GEF made. Come 2019……………..

3. yu

August 20, 2016 at 2:25 pm

where is my comment- bella naija!

4. M

August 20, 2016 at 4:45 pm

By the way I noticed BN is screening comments, I put up a comment asking why PMB couldn’t just resign as he had brought more plagues than blessings as he did 30years ago, it had so many people agreeing with it by liking and you took it down a couple of days later, I ask you BN are you being threatened by this govt to remove things or are you shielding the truth and real pains of Nigerians? Behave.

• Mr. Egghead

August 20, 2016 at 9:30 pm

Don’t you know the era we now live in? Everybody wants to sleep safe at night.

I remember the meeting Lai Moh’d had with bloggers at the beginning of this administration. Things are unraveling.

5. Fashionista

August 20, 2016 at 9:09 pm

Is it a good heart he needs to run the country or sound, effective ideas. schewzzzz.

6. adao

August 22, 2016 at 12:12 pm

‘after collecting fat brown envelope, why won’t you say he has a big heart…shame!!!