Scoop

Sean Tizzle opens up on how his Potential Relationship with DJ Cuppy was ruined by the Media

BellaNaija.com

Sean-Tizzle-DJ-Cuppy

Singer Sean Tizzle opened up to The Nation about how the media once ruined the possibility of a romantic relationship between himself and DJ Cuppy.

According to him, he had a crush on her but the media blew it out of proportion and she didn’t take it lightly.

He also talked about bleaching rumours, his parents, endorsement deals and more.

See excerpts below.

On DJ Cuppy dating rumours: No, we were not dating. She’s just my friend and we are cool like that. People just took it wrong, although I like her for so many things.

On the possibility of a relationship: I told her before but she was in school then and she was trying to focus on her education. When the media put that out she didn’t take it too lightly and that kind of affected the relationship. But me I go go work that work to come tell her back say what’s up girl, can we do it again?

On bleaching rumours: The media just come out with a lot of unconfirmed reports. You don’t know me from anywhere and you just decide to criticize me. I never bleached my skin. Before the fame, I used to be this guy that likes editing pictures because I thought that it would make me look fresh which was the same mistake I made with the pictures I posted then. I posted a picture that I edited that same way as it was already a part of me to use filters on my pictures but unluckily for me it backfired and people assumed that I bleached my skin. Sebi na me you dey see so, I resemble person wey bleach?  So now I just drop my pictures the way it is now, I don’t edit anymore.

On his journey into music: My late uncle who worked at the Ikeja High Court told me to come over for a job interview,which I did. On the day of interview, I wore my father’s suit and his shoe too which was obviously too big for me. I had to put tissue inside the shoe so it can size me. I did a written interview which I passed and then it was time for oral interview and it was my turn.The interviewer looked at me and asked me to sing for him instead of asking me to spell or do something from the book. I thought he was joking. So I sang my favourite R Kelly’s song, “You Saved Me” .The man was surprised. That was how I passed the interview and got the job. From that moment I said ‘this music thing, I’m going to give it all it takes.’

See more from the interview here.

1. The girl who flies planes

August 7, 2016 at 11:34 am

Dreaming dreamer!
    Cuppy i reject sean tizzle for you!
    Bia gerrarahere!
    Victor Anichebe ti take over!
    Let’s go there!

• Bella

August 7, 2016 at 4:07 pm

Ohhh so the bae’s identity has finally come to light! Nice one cuppy and victor

• Seriously

August 7, 2016 at 11:18 pm

This dude seems like one of those annoying guys who claims you, thinks he has a chance just based on being friendly out of courtesy. Dj cuppy is probably somewhere embarrassed and laughing.

2. Nadine

August 7, 2016 at 11:55 am

Yeye dey smell. Bia Sean Tissue abi na Sean Tizzle which media ruined your relationship? When you uploaded a pic on Instagram with the caption “God bless my cupcake Ifeoluwa aka Cuppy. Like Jay Z n Beyoncé. Its just me and my future Abiamo. #MyAbiamoKindaGirl
    #Kisses” was it the media that did that? You want to carry that your bleached knucles and spoil her destiny abi? If you like work, work, work, work in Riri’s voice, Victor Anichebe is now sleeping that Sleep so boy byeeeeee. That was how he said that Cynthia Morgan na his boo, the girl just outrightly deny him..lol

• Rafaella

August 7, 2016 at 12:15 pm

??? “you want to carry that your bleached knucles and spoil her destiny abi?” Your comment gat me ROTFL. BNers won’t “kee” me o.
      I even had to Google that caption and boom I saw it.

To BellaNaija, who is your editor biko? Which one is “On her journey into music”? Her ké???

• FasholasLover

August 7, 2016 at 12:16 pm

Heheheeh u guys on BN never disappoint! You got the whole 9 yards. Don’t mind the bleaching boy. Abiamo ko abiamo ni. I join @The girl wo flies planes to reject Sean Tizzle for Cuppy IJN. Tufiakwa. Men wo bleach smell. Tufiakwa x 2. Taaaaaah!!!

3. Amh

August 7, 2016 at 12:03 pm

VICTOR NWOCHE OR KINI. In his dreams he better get lost before femi catches him. Nwochhe KO. Werechy ni. Animals with horns were called. The snail follow join.

• Tolulope

August 7, 2016 at 2:50 pm

Please, who is Femi again? All these Femi guys eh den dey try….

• o

August 7, 2016 at 9:15 pm

Her dad is Femi na…. lol

• NationalSquirrel

August 8, 2016 at 10:09 am

Femi otedola her father

• Oh please

August 7, 2016 at 7:02 pm

Of course your fangs will come out because it is an igbo name. Don’t allow HBP finish you over igbo mAtter. There is no cure for your level of bigotry amh. Yours is terminal. As if her father does not know they vacationed together. You forget her mother is not even Yoruba. You are sad.

4. xplorenollywood.com

August 7, 2016 at 12:04 pm

???????????????????????

5. Jimae Chinko

August 7, 2016 at 2:18 pm

@Bella9ja……you guys are wicked….loool……you guys had to use that awful looking pix of Sean………

6. Ms Temz

August 7, 2016 at 2:23 pm

Delusional since the 80s
    Wake up dude!!

7. Ada

August 7, 2016 at 2:29 pm

Sean ohh victor ohhh… Na side eye I take dey look am…Florence please do better..

8. Ewa

August 7, 2016 at 3:22 pm

Comments are hilarious…..Please, we are allowed to dream nah.. LOL!!!!!

9. the naira

August 7, 2016 at 4:13 pm

story for ifa

10. timoh

August 7, 2016 at 4:19 pm

hmmmm

11. Shola

August 7, 2016 at 4:24 pm

Gold digger o!!!

12. Mimi0560

August 7, 2016 at 5:07 pm

If it was banky w that made this statement , I would have agreed!!! But seriously this guy!!!! joker of the century! And see the yama yama piercings sef…

• Biker Chic

August 7, 2016 at 8:56 pm

It is called cutting your coat according to your cloth. Sean Tizzle? Naaah. It is about the money like it or not. Public school educated. Family background, circle of friends, way of life – as in the life l am accustomed to… Biko, make una no kee the boy. Cuppy is waaaay out of his league. It is called reality. May our inlaws not call our broda to send on houseboy errands.

• LemmeRant

August 7, 2016 at 11:59 pm

Bet-are-you Cuppy?

I’m pretty sure she’s capable of making her own decisions.

• MeMyself&I

August 8, 2016 at 1:09 am

You are allowed. Pls. rant on. Reality will hit you some day. Then, you will know it’s meaning.

• NationalSquirrel

August 8, 2016 at 10:09 am

Banky w with his eba head ain’t nothing

13. Author Unknown

August 7, 2016 at 5:28 pm

Anyone should be free to express their desire for anyone, and should never be taken as insulting even if unrealistic. Much as I love Cuppy as an individual, take the money (which by the way was made via corrupt means) out of the equation, why are people assuming this guy is not in Cuppy’s league? Clearly even he has bought into it with the “go work that work” comment.

• Nini

August 7, 2016 at 5:57 pm

Yeah, I agree. The meanness is unnecessary.

• Corolla

August 7, 2016 at 6:36 pm

Exactly! What makes her unattainable? And why the unnecessary insults on him? People are just mean.

14. LemmeRant

August 7, 2016 at 6:38 pm

Ok. I’m still sitting here wondering what the problem with his statement is.
    Is it that he’s too poor or what?
    Is he less of a man or what.?

All he said was that he and Cuppy were cool. And y’all are casting demons on their behalf.
    I am confused o. Is sean tizzle paralyzed, does he have some kind of defect that makes him lesser than normal?, Please enlighten me.

So y’all agree that bleachers are pathetic and just the other day you were defending yourselves passionately on why you chose the bleaching route.

Really I’m puzzled by your reactions. What exactly is wrong with Mr. tizzle that he can’t be friends with a billionaires daughter.

• May

August 7, 2016 at 8:41 pm

Abi oh. I wasn’t going to read the post but I had to go read to see what he said to warrant all this. Even if she’s the billionaire and not a billionaire’s daughter why is he not okay for him to be her friend? Oga oh!

• hezekina pollutina

August 8, 2016 at 6:39 am

why is it a big deal that people just don’t see this as a match? why should we feed into his illusions? there is obviously a disconnect bw what is attainable and what is not, and this is a N.o.t. Even blind people can see that 🙂

• LemmeRant

August 8, 2016 at 8:33 am

Ok then why doesn’t that principle apply both ways?

I’m forced to reason that in this new era of gender equality only Women are allowed to date up – and u see this is d reason nobody takes y’all seriously cuz we know when it comes down to it, y’all want to eat your cake and have it.

Countless times i’ve seen you complain when son of rich man marries daughter of rich woman. I’ve seen you drool over ready made men. Tell me if I know the money/success i have is the only reason you give me any attention, why in the world would i treat you as my equal? If i treat you as my employee sef I try.

Stop making one sided principles of reality. It’s nauseating.

• hezekina pollutina

August 8, 2016 at 9:31 am

i understand that women may take advantage of the marrying up factor, if you scroll down u will see that i do not support that entirely either. i believe that there should not be too much economic disparity bw the partners, whether up or down. i think its best to marry someone from same economic bracket actually. but otherwise, the gap should be very little to minimum, because anything else breeds imbalance, exploitation and resentment. so when we are saying these guys are not a match its cuz sean t. is obviously not within her economic bracket, due to her family’s money. its just outrageous a contrast, and as much as I am a romantic, love does not conquer inequality. lets try to be reasonable – and believe me i am not the most reasonable person but even i can see that.

15. momi

August 7, 2016 at 7:03 pm

Pls he is a musician- he is a young guy- na thief! ….He might just be in love – the lady is pretty- all you people yapping him are fake – so he can’t fall in love with a rich man’s daughter ehn!!!

16. Gandalf the Grey

August 7, 2016 at 7:17 pm

What is a ‘potential relationship’?

17. Dolly

August 7, 2016 at 7:42 pm

Why the attack on dude, like seriously even with Cuppy’s last name and her pony-tail she’s still not that cute. And y’all wanna come at him with bleaching but Toke Makinwa get a pass huh smh

18. aj

August 7, 2016 at 8:31 pm

ajlmaooooo at the comments rebuking sean on cuppy’s behalf. you all are funny. Dolly i’m sure cuppy is cuter than you.

• Dolly

August 8, 2016 at 12:39 am

Not if i wasn’t Dolly but then….you don’t matter

19. IJS

August 7, 2016 at 8:52 pm

Hahahahaha.yo tizzle wat about a career in comedy

20. OO

August 7, 2016 at 10:10 pm

Seriously! Ya’ll didn’t notice he went for a job interview and was asked to sing, sing! Abi am I missing something

21. Ariere

August 7, 2016 at 10:43 pm

What’s with the pitchfork pucking.? Why the insults rained on the dude? A guy should be allowed to dream and aspire. And that includes bn in a relationship with any girl he desires Who’s Cuppy that she can’t be In a relationship with him?

• LemmeRant

August 8, 2016 at 8:36 am

Crazy thing is as far as personal achievements go, Mr. Tizzle is more successful.

22. hezekina pollutina

August 8, 2016 at 6:35 am

generally, its not a good idea for there to be great socio-economic disparity bw partners in a relationship….find an equal, or someone just a little bit above/below, but not too big a contrast, otherwise there will be resentment & imbalance. “marrying up” sounds so business-like and often it is all about what people can “get,” not about love & respect.

23. Gorgeous

August 8, 2016 at 7:27 am

Cuppy, for your own good stay away from all these hustlers and average kids. They will pull you down with envy! You are young, find someone in your social circle and stop paying attention to emotions. I am sure these boys beg like hell and use emotional blackmail to stay friends or boyfriends. Any chance they get is to trap you with pregnancy and it’s all downhill from there.

24. its_urgirlie

August 8, 2016 at 7:32 am

This is serious! The way some human beings reasons tho, they always want to bring others down. Even if I don’t support Cuppy dating anybody in the entertainment industry, is not enough reason to rubbish the sean tizzle guy. At the end of the day, no one knows what the girl wants in a man.

25. its_urgirlie

August 8, 2016 at 7:34 am

*reason

26. Tiana

August 8, 2016 at 1:00 pm

Tee bliz no 2.. want to trap the girl.. she was too smart.. ladies watch out..he seems the kind of guy with liability and nothing to offer….chop chop

27. Molly Ashampum

August 10, 2016 at 11:26 am

A lot of people just like to talk down other people.. 1st this guy is more successful than you & leaving his dreams, from someone that’s couldn’t speak English. Sean Tizzle being friends with Cuppy is enough. You might never see these stars eye to eye but you’re quick to write negative comments about them.