News

Toddlers Allegedly Brutalised by their Stepmother in Kaduna

The victims

The victims

Officers of the Nigeria Security and Civil Defence Corps (NSCDC) are currently after a woman, Hasiya who allegedly brutalized her stepson and stepdaughter in Kaduna, Daily Trust reports.

The victims, Abdulrahman, 2 and Maryam, 4 are presently receiving treatment at a private hospital in Kaduna.

The disturbing incident reportedly took place at the victims’ father’s house located in NDC in Igabi Local Government Area of the state.

Narrating the incident, the biological mother of the children, Halima said she separated from their father when Abdulrahman was just 12 days old.

“Initially, the children were living with me after we separated, but immediately I weaned my son, the father came and took the children away first to his parents’ house and then to his wife. On Monday, I was on my way to the market when I got a call from the father of my children that my son was on admission at the hospital.

I quickly rushed there and when I saw the condition my son was in, I was devastated. He could hardly breathe and he had bruises on his eye, his head, his stomach and his private part. The doctor told me that the fracture on my son’s hand and leg were two weeks old, and I learnt he was not able to walk and was taken to a traditional bonesetter who obviously had not been able to fix the fracture.

My son is being treated for a broken hand, a broken leg and bruises on his eye, stomach, back and private part while my daughter is being treated for a broken head after their step mother used the sole of a pointed shoe to hit her head. They were also starved in the house because if you see the way they gulped down the tea my sister made for them. The people in the hospital can bear me witness,” Halima said.

She added that the NSCDC has given the father of the children two days to produce the suspect.

Photo Credit: Daily Trust

1. Baby gurl

August 24, 2016 at 1:20 am

Yet another unfortunate tale of the wicked stepmother. I pray for quick healing for these children both physically and mentally. May God judge the wicked accordingly.

2. Again???

August 24, 2016 at 5:19 am

Is anyone noticing that these tales are coming from northern states?

3. Don't cry wolf

August 24, 2016 at 5:23 am

To the mother of the children, why did you leave your babies for another woman?

• Ada Nnewi

August 24, 2016 at 10:25 am

CAN YOU NOT READ???????….She did not leave them, the father came and took them which is allowed in a country like Nigeria where women are treated like second class citizens…

• nnenne

August 24, 2016 at 10:27 am

She didn’t leave them. They were taken away from her.

4. praizeblog

August 24, 2016 at 7:04 am

hmmmm

5. mulikat

August 24, 2016 at 9:52 am

In nigeria ,man owns children,that is the reason, even u go to court,he own it, only if the man just dont care to take the kids from u. that reason they must change that law,their wont be stepmother doing this to innocents kids.in Europe woman have right than man,which is gud,cos mother take gud care of their kids than father, once he marry and have another kids,he forget about the old ones.

6. John

August 24, 2016 at 10:13 am

Women powwr, go girl, roar!!!!!!

7. Engoz

August 24, 2016 at 10:55 am

This is where you will see Nigerian women excelling. Can you carry your evil plans on your husband and leave innocent kids alone. When they tell you idiots to speak your freaking mind, you won’t hear but will be pretending. I hope you rot in jail. So the ‘head of the house’ had no inkling that his own kids had not eaten in 2 weeks and are being abused? He should be arrested along with his devilish wife.

8. Yummychickcummummy

August 24, 2016 at 12:14 pm

Wicked pple everywhere….. If d mother is ur enemy, y put d heat on d Innocent child… Pple r so petty…. Heal well in God’s name….. Useless man dt can’t Takia of d kids but ego will not allow him let them stay with their mother. Typical .