Music

And the Winner is… 25-year-old Okiemute Ighorodje Wins Season 9 of MTN Project Fame West Africa!

BellaNaija.com

Okiemute

Okiemute Ighorodje

Season 9 of MTN Project Fame West Africa has come to an end and it was Okeimute that took the enviable first prize.

For the closing gala, Okiemute performed Phyno‘s hit song “Fada Fada”. She claimed the N5m prize, an SUV, and a recording contract worth millions of Naira.

The first runner up was Elizabeth, who performed Tiwa Savage‘s “Standing Ovation”. She got N3m and a saloon car.

The second runner up was Kitay, who performed Kiss Daniels‘ “Mama”. Kitay got N2m and a saloon car.

Another one of the Super Six, Kitey, performing Kiss Daniel’s “Mama” #MTNProjectFameClosingGala

A video posted by BellaNaija (@bellanaijaonline) on

Pere who sang Sam Smith‘s “Writing on the Wall” came fourth and went home with N2m.

Père opened the night with Sam Smith’s “Writing On The Wall”. Amazing #MTNProjectFameClosingGala

A photo posted by BellaNaija (@bellanaijaonline) on

The fifth position went to Dapo, who sang Labrinth‘s “Jealous”. He went home with N1m.

Winner sang Adele‘s “Hello”. She came sixth and went home with N500,000.

Winner’s rendition of Adele’s “Hello” was amazing #MTNProjectFameClosingGala

A photo posted by BellaNaija (@bellanaijaonline) on

There were performances by YBNL toaster, Adekunle Gold, and dance instructor Loveth.

Who run the world? We loved this amazing performance by dance coach Loveth. #MTNProjectFameClosingGala

A video posted by BellaNaija (@bellanaijaonline) on

Congratulations Okiemute!

1. sade

September 24, 2016 at 10:34 pm

BN how can you spoil this show for me like this

• Ajoke

September 25, 2016 at 3:25 am

I swear, they ruined everything for me. I was thinking Kitay was the winner and Okiemute was the first first runner up. But, all is well sha

2. Tee

September 24, 2016 at 10:39 pm

Project fame must have been hit badly by the recession. The venue, production, stage etc. really look like the show was on a budget.

3. vora

September 24, 2016 at 10:52 pm

okiemute really put in her best…..i was wishing
    winner cld win or even be first or second runner up..anyway such is life..i wish all of dem goodluck

4. Hills

September 24, 2016 at 11:13 pm

Congratulations Okiemute!!!!!! My votes didn’t go to waste!!!!!!! I love you!!!!!!

5. Acube

September 24, 2016 at 11:27 pm

Hills, are you Opeyemi Bolaji????

• Hills

September 25, 2016 at 4:27 pm

Nah

6. Faith

September 24, 2016 at 11:48 pm

Congrat Okiemute…..so so happy for u

7. Faith

September 24, 2016 at 11:49 pm

Love you too Kitay and Elizabeth

8. Precious Wealth

September 25, 2016 at 12:31 am

Wow wow wow…am so excited at this result. It’s indeed the first time I am experiencing true excellence in result without rigging. Thank God my vote counted. Congratulations Okiemute. Kessiena ighorodje sardine am waiting for my package in Abj.

• Shola DSOO

September 25, 2016 at 3:58 pm

I support u 100%
      So satisfied with d result
      Congrats OKIEMUTE

9. annette igwonobe

September 25, 2016 at 3:12 am

okiemute , love love your performance , i was crying listening to your song regarding the children , your voice is amazing may GOD continue to bless and give you guidance in all you do, you look amazing keep up the good job stay bless

10. ???

September 25, 2016 at 4:02 am

Wow just wow. You spoilt it

11. king Bey

September 25, 2016 at 4:45 am

Whoop whoop happy okiemute won,loved her from day one..

12. Shola

September 25, 2016 at 5:47 am

Bella naija! Next time, wait till Sunday. Even MTN has not announced. The struggle to be the first to share a news.

• Annonymous

September 25, 2016 at 7:44 pm

You too don’t snoop around looking for news next time

13. National Joe

September 25, 2016 at 6:39 am

I love Okiemute. But that name is not tush o. Change it to something tusher like OKIE

• The Real Oma

September 25, 2016 at 5:37 pm

Errr, no, she doesn’t have to change her name to anything. What is ‘tush’ anyway?

• Anon

September 26, 2016 at 8:11 am

Why should she change her name because of a competition. There is nothing wrong with the name, go and find out the meaning of Okiemute, it’s a nice Urhobo name. Would you ask Chidinma or Yemi Alade to change their names? Guy go look bush abeg, native names are cool and proudly nigerian. Congrats Okiemute your gift is unique

14. Wuraola

September 25, 2016 at 7:14 am

Go girl. U soo deserve to win. Knew it was going to be u (Okiemute) right from the start.

15. kay

September 25, 2016 at 7:43 am

I think okiemute deserved to win.she’s been consistent and is a powerful vocal house. Her ‘gra-gra’ paid off .tho I rooted for Elizabeth and kitay,okiemute would also do very well or even better in the industry,watch and see.meanwhile,this may sound evil but winner got the price she deserved abeg.

16. vivian

September 25, 2016 at 8:15 am

Congratulation Okiemute.!!

042express.com/2016/09/okiemute-wins-mtn-project-fame-season-9.html

17. M&

September 25, 2016 at 8:37 am

I’m happy a lady won this time, I was rooting for Elizabeth or Okiemute, but Okiemute has been the most consistent from day 1 so she deserves it! BTW, my hubby says Praise is a sharp guy, that he knew a lady would win, hence the South Africa trip with the winner! 🙂

• Onyinye eddy

September 25, 2016 at 9:12 am

Yeah tot so too,a fun Trip it will be.hehe

18. Great Lady

September 25, 2016 at 11:25 am

I’m really happy for you dear, you deserved it.

19. Ibi

September 25, 2016 at 11:54 am

How can MTN still be giving the winners 5m they are too stingy abeg afterall the votes and auditions (#100) are not free as opposed to the rest of the singing senrenren the voice, X factor and the rest and don’t talk about recognition cos after chidinma everyone else just dey play

• Adeola

September 25, 2016 at 12:56 pm

They’re giving out 13.5 million with 3 cars worth in total not less than 10 million and they’re stingy?
      They should just carry their entire profit after tax and give project fame because they don’t have other things to do.

• Ene

September 25, 2016 at 2:44 pm

5 million plus saloon car plus recording contract never do ba? You want them to give her their whole profit. There were free votes this year mind you and to the best of my knowledge they have the best gifts for any reality show in Nigeria. Quote me anywhere.

20. jane

September 25, 2016 at 1:20 pm

Congratulations Okiemute..I was routing for you. So glad u won

21. Awesome

September 25, 2016 at 2:05 pm

First of all,…. Introduction…. (Lol) Bellanaija, l just want to say that you guys are awesome… You always act like live savers to me on social media…. Each time l am desperate to get an info, you guys always show up… From your Live report of AMVCA 2016 to Updates from TIFF16 and now this one…. Bellanaija, you guys rock !!
    Now to the main gist… Biko, fellow West Africans help me and say 100 BOZAs to OKIEMUTE…!!! For the first time since l started watching Project Fame MTN have made me to belief that Merit still counts….
    OKIEMUTE from day one distinguished herself and gave folks like me a reason to anticipate for every episode of the show this Season….
    Let me restrict myself from writing a thesis, all l can say for now is … A BIG CONGRATULATIONS to OKIEMUTE… This was a Victory Well deserved….
    On behalf of myself, my friends and classmates who voted and supported you massively…. Go and shine girl…. Okiemute you are a STAR and Blessed One !!

22. Bharleeykiss

September 25, 2016 at 4:30 pm

Wow….. The winner (okeimute) actually deserves winning. Tho, I didn’t like her in the first place coz she was kinda proud but I couldn’t resist voting for her because there is power in her voice. This may sound cruel but winner got what she deserved. If not for bibie who’s always voting her back into the house on probation, she would have gone since. The fact that Stephen had to leave…. WTF… Such an amazing voice. But it’s all gone sha. I wish pere and kitey the best in life…. I look forward to seeing you guys at the top.

23. funmi

September 25, 2016 at 5:06 pm

When will a non Nigerian win? Just thinking

• AK

September 25, 2016 at 10:39 pm

God bless you for this comment. Some of the singing talents who take part do not realise that they’re mere participants regardless of their talents. Next year, people from my country will still audition, spend money, and come home empty-handed.
      It’s PROJECT FAME NIGERIA. Simple.

• paul

September 27, 2016 at 1:54 am

Stop saying that, ain’t you a Nigerian.. let’s continue the fun funmi… up Nigeria

24. bbrain

September 25, 2016 at 5:36 pm

Na wa o ,what will be will be , I wish kitay , pere and elizabeth the best in the industry

25. FinchleysFinest

September 25, 2016 at 5:53 pm

Congrats Okiemute…. Well deserved winner…

I am happy for the top 6 winners…

26. king keith

September 25, 2016 at 8:39 pm

Okiemute…..Okiemute…..Okiemute…… I knew u wre Goin 2 win 4rm the very start……..and may d blessings of God continue 2 go with u……..and I also knew that my votes wre gonna cnt…..

27. dav

September 25, 2016 at 8:40 pm

Congratulation to you Okemute

28. utulu patricia nkechi

September 25, 2016 at 8:52 pm

My lovely okiemute, 1000000000 gbosas 4 u, congrats on ur win of project fame, 4 d first time I was privileged 2 withness ur performance of phyno and olamide’s fada fada. I definetely knew Dat u wre Goin 2 win……….bcos I I knw Dat DELTA d BIG HEART no dey carry lst.

29. utulu patricia nkechi

September 25, 2016 at 9:03 pm

And I also know Dat my vote wud alwals cnt and I pray Dat God wud continue 2 move u forward.

30. O.S.Y

September 25, 2016 at 9:46 pm

What a great season of MTN PF. I enjoyed every bit of the show. I wish Winner should have bn I. Either 2nd or 3Rd runner-up, but then it’s cool. I never believed Elizabeth will go that close, I expected Kitay in her position. Congratulations Okiemute dearie.

31. Loveth Best

September 26, 2016 at 8:57 am

Wow Congrats, You are an amazing singer. Keep flying high dear

32. Lucci

September 26, 2016 at 4:26 pm

My 2 cents…Elizabeth and Dapo said they’re the Winner, they didn’t win. Okiemute deserved the win, she was dope all through. Kitay would have won but his arrogance cost him that, to even think that Lizzy topped him, Lizzy that just woke up close to the end. Kitay doing sign of the cross when Pere was announced as 3rd runner up wasn’t it at all. Elizabeth actually thought she will win, the look on her face during the announcement of the results says it all…LWKMD. No spirit of sportsmanship. See the way she was looking at Okiemute when she was announced. Wishing you all the best Okiemute…Congratulations.

• boluwatife

October 24, 2016 at 11:38 am

Actually about lizzy expression , there is nobody that wont do such if we are in dat kind of position, wat did u wanna say about AREWA expression when jeff was announce as the winner at season 8??

33. frakxzay

September 26, 2016 at 9:48 pm

who deserved the winning is elizabeth not her

34. EbonyFre

September 27, 2016 at 10:37 am

Nigerians’ taste though, lol.
    They like gra gra and shouting too much and Okiemute gave y’all that.
    No doubt, she’s super talented and a performer. But to win?
    Good luck and congratulations to everyone

35. boluwatife

October 24, 2016 at 11:34 am

Wow, dis season was so so interesting, and trust me the contestant got what they deserve. Actually i thought kitay or lizzy will b d winner because of there performances on stage and okeimute will b d sec runner up but to b sincere okei deserve it (congrat to her). On a serious note winner deserve noting more than what she get. So they really make d right decision these season.

36. eminewton

November 5, 2016 at 10:18 am

#am so so late…don’t actually know the planet am falling from…..been too busy with my project that I missed the grand finale….congrats okiemute…your persona” composition “Iya mi” has been on my lips….i also love Pere…wish he was 1st runner up….the guy has d voice and charisma not minding whether Kitay was domineering or not!….winner tried in the “hello” cover…but she woke too late!!…my love to y’all….and thank God Kitay didn’t win….