Connect with us

News

Heartbreaking! Security Guard Reportedly Electrocuted in Lagos

BellaNaija.com

Published

 on

Security Guard Electrocuted in Ojodu BergerAn Instagram user, @Yemilluminati has shared a heartbreaking story of how a security guard was electrocuted on Tuesday morning.

He said that the incident took place at River Valley Estate, Ojodu Berger, Lagos.

He wrote:

This electrocution happened at around 6:30AM today (Tuesday) at River Valley Estate, Ojodu Berger. The guy involved was employed only yesterday as a gateman.

There was no light over night until about a few minutes before 6:30AM. Passersby still saw (him) at about 6:30am shaking but they could not render any help.

When the security men of the estate were informed they only went to inspect and confirm the story, they couldn’t render any help.

Their conscience didn’t even prick them that it goes way beyond their civic responsibility as professionals to coordinate the scene, even though they could not help the dead.

What am I saying? Well it is easy to say the devil orchestrated the death of this ‘poor’ guy and perfected his evil will upon him. But holdup a second before saying that. Among the few tens that gathered round this boy during the wee hours, no one saw him/herself as a rescuer.

Why? Because they have no first aid, health and safety knowledge. And even if they had,they couldn’t or didn’t use it.

This is pathetic either way. A number of persons saw this guy during his last minutes of grace to live, but they failed him but failed themselves even more and the country. The citizens of the nation have no iota of first aid, health and safety knowledge.

What to do or what can be done in an emergency situation like this is known by less than 0.00001% of Nigerians. Many stumble on accident scenes where the victims still had a chance to live, but surround them as spectators whom they had just paid their gate fee to watch, the ‘match of who is going to give up the ghost first’.

A number of people begin to thank God they missed out on being the victim by just an inch as the Lord directed them. No one ever feels the Lord directed him/her to be a rescuer.

The closest help this guy might have gotten till this moment is communication of this happening to the world which also establishes the role of information in place of first aid, health and safety.

Photo Credit: Instagram – @Yemilluminati

14 Comments

  1. Somto

    September 6, 2016 at 2:51 pm

    Lamentation much!!! What was your helpful contribution to aiding his survival other than this lenghty medicine after death epistle and posting his dead picture on social media with your Instagram handle to ensure increase in followers to your page I might add.

    • Udegbunam Chukwudi

      September 6, 2016 at 3:03 pm

      He’s probably reporting what he heard from witnesses.

  2. Ajala & Foodie

    September 6, 2016 at 3:13 pm

    I am curious as to what the author of this book of lamentation expected of others. You cannot help when there is still electricity flowing not only through the wires but now through the dead. This has nothing to do with evil or devil (i did not get the point of that entire paragraph), just a sad and unfortunate turn of events. Electricity would have to be cut off first before proper care is taken to safely remove the body. You don’t endanger more lives all in a bid to offer help, that will be plain stupidity. A good helper will contact the power company to have the power line disconnected first and ensure others stay away from the area in case there’s a danger of others get the electrocuted.

  3. kizzy

    September 6, 2016 at 3:17 pm

    I do not agree you must touch someone whose been electrocuted because 1. the wires are still live and they too can become a victim. 2. Only emergency personnel would be able to help. The light co. will be able to turn the wires off etc. As for the rest of his epistle, I have to agree. People should be equipped with first aide skills etc. People are first contact before the appropriate medical/emergency individuals arrive. They can save plenty lives if they have first aide knowledge.

  4. anonymous

    September 6, 2016 at 3:57 pm

    Haba BN, how many corpses will you post on your site. I’ve seen two already (thats two too many)How about some respect for the dead. At least give you readers some warning. Some of us are not desensitized to death.

    • Abena

      September 7, 2016 at 1:45 pm

      BN is now officially a tabloid masquerading as a lifestyle publication. There is a way to tell the story without showing us pictures of deceased people.

  5. Bhims

    September 6, 2016 at 4:26 pm

    It’s so sad how ignorant people can be. If you devoted your time to read this guy’s post deeply, you will understand that his lamentations like you all termed it is something to take very seriously. He spoke my mind really well. His post is not just in respect of this incident but also other deaths that would have been avoidable with adequate knowledge. Take for instance, a friend’s brother just slumped and was gasping for breath in the presence of his girlfriend, All he needed at that point was CPR but his girlfriend had no idea about how to perform that. The guy died before he got to the hospital. CPR could have saved his life but NO, he had to die. So we need adequate first aid knowledge. I’ve watched accident videos posted online where it was visible that some victims were still alive and an on the scene first aid treatment would have saved their lives but people prefer to gather round and take pictures. Like I always tell friends, the National Orientation Agency should be scraped. We are in a country where citizens can’t even perform basic first aid to save lives. God help us. I pray the dead rest in peace

  6. nene

    September 6, 2016 at 4:30 pm

    the real question: how did the man end up there?

  7. Abz

    September 6, 2016 at 4:33 pm

    So, he wrote all of that but didn’t feel to need to propose a solution since he apparently knew what to do?

  8. Prince

    September 6, 2016 at 5:26 pm

    What did you do to help?

  9. Made

    September 6, 2016 at 7:40 pm

    The photo is quite disturbing… Can it be taken down pls?

  10. Tosin

    September 7, 2016 at 8:37 am

    o God, so sad.

    let me tell you a true story: during the worst of the fuel scarcity earlier this year, at a time when fights and all sorts of violence were breaking out left and right (i don’t know if you remember, the stress, the heat, and the queues, everybody was in a bad mood),
    i saw a young guy on the street, he explained to me that he was working. he had been employed to phone the police in case any fight broke out in the fuel station just across the street. (lol the government has been creating jobs, y’all didn’t know). i don’t know if he was paid by the fuel station or by the police station, but yep, that was a temporary job filling a need.

    someone raised the point that we could use a whole lot of trained first aid workers. correct.

  11. esteem

    September 7, 2016 at 8:52 am

    Ya you have spoken well, nigerians love to gather and gossip,take pics and to also thank God neither them nor the lives of their family members are involve. Come to think of it, poster you should have orient us incase God forbid such an incidence happens in our area rather than creating an emotional discomfort to those who witnessed the victim die in cold blood and could not save him. Praying i shouldn’t find myself in that kind of situation because i may not have double thought before I think of my own humanly way to rescue this guy..

  12. Aderonke

    September 7, 2016 at 1:32 pm

    Hope this will help on first aid treatment for electrified persons:

    http://www.mayoclinic.org/first-aid/first-aid-electrical-shock/basics/art-20056695.

    Let us do more than talking…..may the soul of the departed rest in peace! Amen.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

Get The Pan-Atlantic Advantage

A Full Lifestyle & Entertainment Magazine…We COVET Fashion

Visit www.leadtra.com/conference to Register for the Upcoming Conference

Jokes Alone with guests Mr P, CDQ, & Patrick Salvador!

Star Features

Advertisement
css.php