Scoop

Omotola Jalade-Ekeinde thinks Mark Zuckerberg should have met those with the highest number of followers on his Visit to Nigeria

BellaNaija.com

IMG_20160904_225153

So Mark Zuckerberg came on a brief visit to Nigeria (twice) and he met with some Nollywood actors during the course of his stay.

Star actress Omotola Jalade-Ekeinde, who is currently on Vacation with her family in America has sort of weighed in on the matter.

She shared this on Instagram,

That weird moment Zuckerberg visits Nigeria and meets with Everyone but the ones with the highest Ff on his platform #welcomeZuck or #goodbyezuck ? #jealousmuch ? #welovehimthough ?#controversialpost and #heworeasuit #facebook

Do you agree with her, should Zuck have met those with the highest followers on his platform?

Photo Credit: Instagram/realomosexy

1. Busarni

September 4, 2016 at 11:14 pm

Nothing surprises me anymore with her; I am still a fan though. She is so vain; which explains why she had to put dangotes call to her son on speaker . Really; it is not that serious na. This ain’t scan frost or bio oil advert na. She isn’t even IT savvy but what do I know?
    Oya; Matk come back so you can see omotola and Genevieve; since she thinks they are the only ones relevant in nollywood. Nonsense .
    BN : I never complained about my avatar . I wonder why it keeps changing. Fix it asap..

• Lacey

September 5, 2016 at 12:21 am

My dear @Busarni it’s her level of intelligence!its not even her being vain!sometimes even if it’s OND sef as per education is key!herself and GN the other top Nolly Actress often display their dumbness as trying to feel overboard!but it is very clear that it is ignorance!

• fleur

September 5, 2016 at 5:04 am

Omotola, are you feeling slighted that he did not come to look for you? Mtcheew. Why would he seek people he already has hooked instead of people that have not yet found fb? You dont know this is all about business and not ojuaye? Welcome to the real world of business. Until you demonstrate some value, he “shant” be calling on you.

• The Real Oma

September 5, 2016 at 9:18 am

But why are you bringing Genevieve into this now, did she say anything about Mark’s visit? I am not understanding…

2. Ijebujesha

September 4, 2016 at 11:16 pm

This Zuck this,Zuck that should stop already. He visted Kenya also and there has been no atom of noise about that. That the young man had to be begged to come back for Aso Rock visit is just ridiculous. It seems the entire country is now one big reality show. He is a businessman albeit a smart one,he has equity stakes or planning to have some and he came to see first hand..big deal? He goes to several other countries as well and there has never been any noise close to this. #enoughsaid.

• lily

September 5, 2016 at 12:59 am

Loool. No atom of noise in Kenya? Surely you haven’t seen the twitters wars Kenyans started. There’s nothing wrong in being excited about his visit. I was smiling sheepishly when I saw videos and pictures. Zuck has that kind of impact on people and I can only hope I have same impact on people someday. If you are a football fan, imagine how excited you’d be if Messi quietly came into Lagos, that’s if you are a fan.

• EE

September 5, 2016 at 1:08 am

Had to be begged??

Yeah right, we also “begged” him to put on suit and come in the first place.

3. Nystyle

September 4, 2016 at 11:16 pm

Na by #of fans on fb recognition go come for this life.I beg make we hear!

4. Aries

September 4, 2016 at 11:17 pm

As madam wey u be nah, special invite should’ve been sent to omo sexy! Yeah right! Dey wait! *her fans should go argue with their shadows* bye!

5. kola

September 4, 2016 at 11:17 pm

She better go and sit down. if she wanted to meet him she should book an appointment, besides she wasn’t even in country during his visit.

6. Really

September 4, 2016 at 11:18 pm

She is shallow for that comment if her’s, talking like an un educated person with little or no common sense mtchew.

7. Really

September 4, 2016 at 11:18 pm

Of hers I meant

8. chamazing chick

September 4, 2016 at 11:33 pm

Isn’t she still on Holiday in Mark’s country?? Make she carry herself go see am now , it’s not difficult. Controversial post indeed.

9. Darius

September 4, 2016 at 11:37 pm

pls, you guys should chill. She was only trying to make a jest of the situation. It might have fell flat, but she was only trying to be funny.

• Umm

September 5, 2016 at 12:14 am

It fell flat because it was a direct diss to those who went to see him. She’s trying to play it off as a joke but that’s really what she’s thinking. Pompous thing with over bloated sense of importance.

• ATL's finest

September 5, 2016 at 12:19 am

@ Ummm thank U.. Who thinks/talks like that?? Does she think it’s in Nigeria where shit that FF matters? Mark is one humble person & she better keep on trucking.

10. Darius

September 4, 2016 at 11:38 pm

….have fallen*

11. Laja odebo

September 4, 2016 at 11:55 pm

Omosexy ..pls note that zuck did not came to Nigeria for who had higgest follower on Facebook in Nigeria .He came to see how he and his partner in yaba Nigeria he can improve on the already running program ,so pls note. Also he came in quietly because he dose not want un necessary distraction from his objective and I think he did that successfully . the other celebrities he met was Not part of his plan ..U travels a lot u should have known better ..So ,next time Do a better job about ur analysis before u put it out there ..Laja (USA)

12. dupsy

September 4, 2016 at 11:55 pm

Omotola that is oyinbo mindset for you! They don’t think like we do in Naija! They are not into big girl/big man show! That is why you see him dressed in tshirt and he is a billionaire. So madam get off your high horse even those of us with 10 friends on Facebook still matter to Zuckerberg!

• Lala

September 5, 2016 at 5:15 pm

Exactly. This weekend I watched sisi Yemi’s vlogs and I thought this woman should be doing pampers adverts and knor cube because she’s all about family but not naija, it’s all down to connections. What significance does Tiwa hold with childcare to be brand ambassador for pampers? In our minds, there’s no connection between Omotola and cooking.
      Too many misplaced priorities in Nigeria.

13. sista

September 5, 2016 at 12:00 am

…I can imagine the stir this post would have caused if Genny was there .
    now let me see if my avatar has changed too.

14. beauty

September 5, 2016 at 12:06 am

Abeg Omotola, go and sleep…

• Mr. Egghead

September 5, 2016 at 12:43 am

lol

15. Anony

September 5, 2016 at 12:16 am

See dis madam “paid for PR” we know every Omotola, you hype yourself more than what or who you are. And honey we know your facebook followers and account were bought so please just shut your pie hole. Mark saw the people he wanted to see, now sit your fat behind down! Bn post my comment or the thunder that will fire u(in Nkechi’s voice) ?

16. www.musingsofjudgejudyjudy.com

September 5, 2016 at 12:36 am

I think she’s joking though. Whether she means her joke or not, she’s still being lighthearted with it so it’s no biggie.

17. shode

September 5, 2016 at 12:43 am

na wa ooo… our gracefully omosexy sound so unintelligent, how can she say something like that…I bet she was mocking Rita, kunle, rmd and co and if Genevieve was there, she wouldn’t have the gut to say that.. with 3million+ followers on fb, she is the highest here in Nigeria, so Mark should come lick her feet?… she meant was she said, it a no joke

• Ama

September 5, 2016 at 1:54 am

Nah she can’t “mock” Rita and RMD. She knows there are levels and there are L E V E L S! She knows the “truth” about her so-called bought followers and account ??

• tracey

September 6, 2016 at 12:17 pm

Trust me those followers were not bought cause if they were. Her account would have shown sponsored!!!! And it doesn’t she is just famous like that. Don’t take her joke tooo seriously.

18. Chill.

September 5, 2016 at 12:55 am

Wow. How some of us not just survive but conquer and live in a world so filled with bitterness and hate has just got to be the sheer grace of God.

The lady is a human being. We all, as human beings experience various feelings, temporarily or even permanently, which can be rational or irrational, but they are HUMAN.

Many people, for various reasons, would have loved to meet Mark Zuckerberg (many others, for various reasons, cared less). Of those whom would have loved to meet him, they were/are jealous/envious/disappointed, to varying degrees, that they didn’t get the opportunity. As human beings, it’s all the more annoying/exasperating when one’s colleagues, friends, associates, people in one’s circle of influence got that golden opportunity (AND being your colleagues and friends, you just know you are never going to stop hearing about it from them. Maybe, already have started hearing e.g. “”Yeah, you know, Marky & I were talking about that just the other day, oh yeah, I forgot, you weren’t there!”” “”Look, thanks for the encouragement but it’s not really the same because you married early and had your children right away when you wanted them, whereas, when Zuck and I were sharing, last week, where were you? anyway, he had a lot of empathy because he and Patricia also had a not too easy path to becoming parents.”” “”Hey! Hi! My sister, so sorry, no vex, please. I’ve been so busy like you wouldn’t believe that’s why I haven’t been returning your calls. You know, Mark came into town and we had a meet up; and we were talking and I told him about that my idea, that new project, I mentioned a while back, you remember? And, he thinks it’s a fantastic idea! He told me I’ve analysed and predicted the trends rights and that that’s the way things are going to be going in just a few short years and that they’re already working hard on that at Facebook. He indicated serious interest, o! Where were you? Anyway, all that is even just the tip of the ‘Berg”. I can’t discuss everything now, Sorry gotta go. So much to do, so little time. Why weren’t you around? Anyway, bye!””)

Mrs. Ekeinde is just expressing, and ON A LIGHTER NOTE, her nonetheless real disappointment that she missed meeting someone whom she really wants to meet and unlike the President of the country who found himself in the same boat, she can’t summon/use Presidential leverage to invite him and get him back. The President used the leverage, the qualifications he has. Omotola’s just doing the same.

She’s just a human being being honest and also poking fun at herself.

Please, lighten up. The attacks, rudeness, insults and hating are just not necessary and really,truthfully, a lot of you sound really childish.

p.s. Ask me one single movie of hers, I couldn’t tell you. I’m not a ‘fan’. I don’t have anything against her either. The epistle just came out like that. The negativity’s just over the top, one comment after another, for the small, light-hearted tweet she made.

19. Leah

September 5, 2016 at 1:10 am

Omotola you know I love you, but you need to sit your a$$ somewhere and read a book ma.

20. Anon

September 5, 2016 at 1:25 am

She thinks he’s Dangote that you can just call like that and he will answer? Dross.

BN, you didn’t tell us you’re playing musical chairs with our avatars. Dalu.

21. Ama

September 5, 2016 at 1:45 am

First of all Omotola you are not bigger or more popular than your colleagues that went there namely Rita Diminic, RMD and Stephanie Linus. What work have you done in recent years?? Nothing! Meanwhile those three people have been featured in and produced top notch films and focusing on their careers so you have no right whatsoever to disrespect these very admirable, respectable colleagues of yours who are icons and have very huge fan base too! Who the hell do you think you are??? Anyway not surprised, you can feel yourself sinking to the bottom of the food chain so these kind of tantrums help you let off steam, I understand your frustration. Pele

22. Ama

September 5, 2016 at 1:48 am

Kinds

23. Ms jazz

September 5, 2016 at 2:20 am

One brain you don’t have this Omotola person. See the poor level of intelligence you’re showing on social media. Pea brain!

24. Ceebaby

September 5, 2016 at 2:23 am

Self-aggrandizing at its best. Don’t worry, he will book an an appointment with your PA next time, till then keep amassing followers and stay humble.

25. sheybtr

September 5, 2016 at 3:41 am

Look at all these Africans making a fuss over this white guy. LOL He’s not a superstar, just some guy who invented a social networking website that became very popular. How does Facebook make people’s lives better? By the way, I wonder if he visited any hospitals/orphanages and donated money to the less privileged. That’s what he should’ve done.

• NoNo

September 5, 2016 at 1:47 pm

you obviously do not know anything. you dimwitted human. how can you say Facebook has not helped people? and FYI he donates a lot. so shut your face mumu

• sheybtr

September 9, 2016 at 6:35 am

It’s obvious your mother didn’t teach you any manners. You don’t have to insult me because I’m expressing an opinion. Where in my earlier comment did I say Facebook has not helped people? I said “How does Facebook make people’s lives better?” Those are two different things. You must be one of those Africans that kisses white behind, that’s why you got so angry.

26. Iris

September 5, 2016 at 5:33 am

I think she was joking. She even did #jealous so people could get the joke. Calm down abeg. I know the economy is making everyone short tempered.

• BlueEyed

September 5, 2016 at 6:01 am

Please she wasn’t joking, we are unto her and we already know she is a shallow thinking unintelligent specie of a human brain. Don’t pass it off as a joke ma’am, own you’re shallowness like people in Hollywood do, own it!

27. Claris

September 5, 2016 at 5:46 am

Men people are truly suffering in this country it’s not even funny. Omotola unintelligent because of this joke? You guys are daft fa! Omotola jokes a lot and is one of the most intelligent humans you’ll ever know but then again many are plain minded.

28. Ogbuagu Chibueze

September 5, 2016 at 6:23 am

For this vain utterance. I will unfollow Omotola today. She always posts nonsense anyways.

29. shetriedit

September 5, 2016 at 7:03 am

Omotola, STFU!!! You make no sense. Its not your fault but pple worshipping yeyebrities like you, giving you a false sense of power and inflating your ego. Like someone said above – you think bc dangote called your son on his bday (which btw was super low, cheap and classless of you to do…esp how you chewed the gum with so much pride) you’re that important now?!!? Gurll bye, go read a book of humility and deflate some.

30. Valentina

September 5, 2016 at 7:32 am

Haba OmoT, are you this vain?

31. Olori

September 5, 2016 at 7:48 am

So out of all the issues he may have attended to as the founder of Facebook, this is what she came up with? Like TF!!? Omotola get over yourself. It might have been a joke, well, it fell flat. Or it may have not, in that case, you really have your priorities all fvcked up, don’t rub your confusion on his own priorites. Like Jeezus! I can’t even believe she posted that.

32. Nene

September 5, 2016 at 8:21 am

Omotola always wants to be noticed

33. Sai sai

September 5, 2016 at 9:26 am

People cannot air their opinions again without one big mumu coming on here to say ‘we are bitter’, when I know that inside the heart and heads of these same people shantung ‘bitterness’ it’s nothing but wickedness..facking hypocrites!
    Please if you read people”s opinions and it doesn’t gel with you, abeg waka pass..mtchewww

34. artklub

September 5, 2016 at 11:17 am

not one braincell in that coconut head…

35. Ivy

September 5, 2016 at 11:18 am

Hello bella naijrians… I love how matured and intelligent most of the commenters are thats why i have decided to bring this up to you. I come from a seperated family, my parents are seperated. I which it ends here but theres more my father is very wicked, he banned us from seeing our mother, treats us like kids mind you am 23 and the youngest is 16. He still beats,slaps and kicks us over trivial matters like forgetting to unplug his charger when nepa takes the light, coming back from skul by 3pm, not washing his clothes well. The last time he beat me that was because i didnt shake his hand during sign of peace in church(am very sure i did). He even slapped me in church infront of people. We cant talk back to him because that would mean war. Several times he has brandished his matchete in our faces just because his ringing tone changed. The funny thing is that nobody knows what is going on, he is very well respected in the community and holds various titles. My mother left because he was beating her. My siblings and i are like ideal children, we dont steal,lie and are very intelligent. We have never brought shame to the family. We are all enduring him because he pays our school fees and we have no where to go. Recently i was going through his phone and discourved a sex tape he made with the maid. We all think the maid charmed him, he is always complaing of the economy yet he trains one of her child and the others come for holiday, he always extols her virtues in front of us and curses us in front of her children. Did i also mention that he is very stingy, bear in mind that he is a doctor, yet we use firewood to cook, eat a piece of yam for breakfast and 2 cabin biscuits for dinner. If you are pitying me at this point please dont, we have learnt to deal with it. Most of ur are graduating this year and will never step foot in his house again. I need you guys help for a bloging job. I write excellently if i do say so myself. I was writing for a beauty blog before i told to stop(because they didnt have enough money to pay). Am currently on break doing nothing and i need this job to pay for hostel accomodation and get myself some things. Please if you want to help me with the job drop your emails. Thank you.
    Ps: everything i wrote is the truth and nothing but the truth.
    Pps: Bella naija please do not post this on aunty bella before someone i know sees it.

• Oh please

September 5, 2016 at 2:22 pm

Is there a way for bella to verify your story so people can help? Also your best bet of receiving help is if you allow bella to do an aunty bella feature. Can you disguise your story a bit more? My heart goes out to you.

• Lala

September 5, 2016 at 5:42 pm

Gradually, this blog is becoming a platform for begging. One person starts, another follows. That was how someone begged that musician the other time on instagram for money to pay school fees only to go betting with it. They come here because they know that many readers here live abroad or have jobs in Nigeria.
      Please, don’t give to this person. This story is fake and this person is a fraudster- most likely a guy.
      Go and look for work, no free lunches, rubbish.
      That was how one saw me by the road waiting for taxi when I was in Nigeria and begged me for transport money. He said his stepmother was making life hard for him so he needed to go to his mother’s place. My heart was moved to help. A taxi stopped and I decided to ask his direction, perhaps we could give him a lift half and I could help with the money for the rest of the journey. He told me where his mother supposedly lived and guess what? It was about 2 stops before mine. Even though I was a student, I could afford to pay for this little boy, he couldn’t have been more than 12 years old. When I said I was going in the same direction and that I would pay for him ( it was a public taxi with passengers inside already), you needed to see the disappointment on his face. His story was fabricated and he wanted the money, nothing else. At his young age, he literally succeeded in scamming me. I entered the Taxi and he closed the door, turning away to await his next victim.
      Be warned!

36. Lollyday

September 5, 2016 at 11:38 am

This woman thinks the world revolves around her and her bum-bum.

• NoNo

September 5, 2016 at 1:50 pm

LWKMD!!!!!!!!

37. coke

September 5, 2016 at 12:09 pm

#Nowuknow- How irrelevant having a big butt and showcasing femininity is to serious minded people in the real world.

38. LASGIDI CHICK

September 5, 2016 at 2:41 pm

eni ti ori e o pe. arrant nonsense.

39. Ibinabo

September 5, 2016 at 3:18 pm

Facebook likes is an achievement…. oga gan!

40. Tosin

September 5, 2016 at 3:44 pm

Omotola you were not invited because they did not want people with bad attitudes and that is the plain fact. Now rest

41. Oro ode

September 5, 2016 at 3:48 pm

I don’t get her ‘joke’….Does she have more followers than the Mark himself? Does he need her followers for exposure? This one na real oro ode.

42. Todds

September 5, 2016 at 5:03 pm

Highest FB fan, my foot. Basketmouth, PSquare have more. Learn some humility woman.

43. Omotola

September 5, 2016 at 5:33 pm

Omotola omawaga ooooo! Afi gba to fi style te poooo. Omo eni ibajoni abayo. Chai!

44. AAA

September 5, 2016 at 6:02 pm

OMG!!! All these epistle and castigating because of something I didn’t read twice to know it was sarcasm and she was just playing around. That’s why people should learn not to just post things cos they feel like posting. PERCEPTION!!! We can’t all view things the same way. It is well

45. Chigoo

September 5, 2016 at 10:02 pm

What is dz “Nigeria wanna be Kardashian” feeling like sef. I saw dz earlier on fcbk, tot is a propaganda. God have mercy on some of dz yeyebrities. Don’t worry Zuck will return with tea or coffee to tell u he is in town.

46. Mz hemzy

September 6, 2016 at 8:44 pm

Some comments here are as long as a newspaper article. I wonder if it’s all for Omosexy’s ridiculous comment