Relationships

She Said Yes! Rakiya & George Okoro’s Pre-Wedding Photos

BellaNaija Weddings

George Okoro and Rakiya Pre-Wedding Photos_Oct520166Abuja-based photographer George Okoro and Rakiya are deeply in love and everyone knows it! She was the lady on his arm at his 30th birthday marquee soiree a few months ago – click here if you missed it.

George has photographed royalty, Presidents and first families, and holds a title Sarkin Masuhoton Galadiman Zazzau (it means – King of Photographers Zazzau) in Zaria, Kaduna – his fiancee is from the same state!

The couple started dating early last year and will have their introduction VERY soon 🙂

George proposed on Sunday – he told her they were having a photoshoot at his office in The Wedding Mall in Abuja, but it was set up with flowers, candles and music, before her asked her to marry him.

Here’s the video – see their pre-wedding shoot by Fabolous Banji below!

About last night! Still super excited for @georgeokoro and @sa_raykia ❤ @georgeokoro had planned to have a photoshoot with his lovely girlfriend (now fiancé ) and asked me to do her hair and makeup as the shoot was set to take place @theweddingmall . He told me to be secretive with his plans as he planned to ask @sa_raykia to officially be his wife, and she had no idea it wasn’t just a photoshoot.. Family and Friends were already in the room for the “photoshoot” waiting for @sa_raykia while we were in another room getting her hair and makeup done, she had no idea what George had in store for her. When we got ready, George led his pretty lady to the supposed room for the photoshot and BOOM! He popped the question! It was an amazing experience filled with so much emotions! I’m super excited for you both. May God bless this beautiful journey you just began! Can’t wait for the Big day!! #RayGee2016? countdown! Makeup and hair: @solangehairandbeautyshop #solangehairandbeautushop #solangehairandbeauty #solangehairandbeautybride @bellanaijaweddings @africansweetheartweddings @sugarweddings #bellanaijaweddings #africansweetheartweddings #sugarweddings

A video posted by Chioma Solange Uzodike (@solangehairandbeautyshop) on

George Okoro and Rakiya Pre-Wedding Photos_Oct520164 George Okoro and Rakiya Pre-Wedding Photos_Oct520165 George Okoro and Rakiya Pre-Wedding Photos_Oct520167 George Okoro and Rakiya Pre-Wedding Photos_Oct520163 George Okoro and Rakiya Pre-Wedding Photos_Oct520161 George Okoro and Rakiya Pre-Wedding Photos_Oct520162 Credits

Photography: @fabolousbanji
Assistant: @momodumedia, Isaac Joseph
MUA and Hair: @solangehairandbeautyshop
Location: @theweddingmall

1. nice

October 5, 2016 at 11:34 am

nice

2. Jasmine

October 5, 2016 at 1:31 pm

And another one takes ‘our igbo’ brother away.

Congrats. Tho

• Gracie

October 11, 2016 at 4:49 pm

Just like i did too Jasmine. I am happily married to my best friend from Anambra and you cannot even imagine that I am a northern lady. Love is a miracle!

3. Ela

October 5, 2016 at 2:21 pm

These days there is so much paparazzi around engagements, I hope that high level of energy,excitement and emotions is put into the marriage.

4. barbie

October 5, 2016 at 2:39 pm

congrats to them, she is beautiful. no hating, but must everything from engagement to wedding ceremony be like the production of RENT or Grease? what happened to the simplicity of one knee down or the intimacy of 2people. this had fireworks and all. the wedding m sure will have floating capsules

• Books!

October 6, 2016 at 12:36 pm

u killed me at floating capsules!

5. bayo

October 5, 2016 at 3:08 pm

Congratulations
    chaiii, but bros one northern baba will start eyeing this geh now.
    George, se you know over hexposure dey run belle o.
    But when paparazzi in engagements happen, i feel it doesn’t give the lady the opportunity to absorb every moment.

6. kristin

October 5, 2016 at 3:57 pm

Sometimes just look at pictures, ooooh and aaaaw and move on. Paparazzi doesn’t always mean the marriage is doomed.

7. SugaMama

October 5, 2016 at 5:05 pm

What a gorgeous, gorgeous woman.

8. Sholablow

October 5, 2016 at 5:22 pm

I’m sorry o nor be say I dey hate but something seems off about the babe. Like she’s too stiff or sth. Over acting maybe…

9. Sholablow

October 5, 2016 at 5:24 pm

Meanwhile BN please is Zaria a state? And “he proposed to her” not “her proposed to her.” O je 1 cent mi on this matter sha

• theo mama

October 7, 2016 at 2:36 pm

No ohh Zaria is not a state. It’s a town in Kaduna state. Le boo works there(College of Aviation to be precise) and since marriage is already on the cards, he is looking at me relocating. This moving to zaria gist be looking like relationship deal breaker. How can I leave 400k job to relocate to Zaria? All in the name of starting family. Just having a whole lot of confusing thoughts and thinking maybe he is not even my husband sef. Ive known him for over 4 years however we have been dating for 6 months. Make una help me!!!!!!!! Ill be 30 next year.

• ATL's finest

October 8, 2016 at 11:14 pm

@ Theo Mama awwwww next yr will be nice to get hitched. However, u have got to sacrifice tho. I know that is a lot of money back Home as in the way things are right now but see if he’s own Job weighs in more but good luck to y’both & remember dating is not marriage too 🙂 6months of dating, start doing the talking?

10. Lestern

October 7, 2016 at 1:50 am

Congrats. So is she pregnant here or not?

11. luvnaija

October 8, 2016 at 5:52 pm

@ theomama it would be very wrong to get married based on age factor! Career is a huge consideration and big deal of a sacrifice to make! Is your boo worth the price? A lot of surprises spring up a lot in marriage along the line when life reality hit! Don’t make a decision in haste just because….this is a life altering decision you know?
    A 400k job is not beans at the same time it’s not something one cannot sacrifice for a life time of happiness. Be wise! Use your head! Less emotions! Go to your make and enquire.
    I was 30 doing a 220k job had a boo who thought he was gods gift to women! He moved out of country wanted me to join him, went on my knees asked the ultimate boo provider to lead me. Shortly, bf ghosted , boo provider sent me my heavenly hubby! To cap it all ,I landed a 7 figure job later.
    God help you on this…
    May God bless this Union as well!

• theo mama

October 8, 2016 at 9:38 pm

God bless you mamie!!!!!

• Mahka

October 9, 2016 at 8:46 am

Hello
      Help a sister,I need better employment….did u say 7 figures?

• Maguim

October 10, 2016 at 12:55 pm

Was about to comment and saw yours….. So on point….. And i like what you said about using her head and less emotions,,,, applies to us all…. And also theo mama if you’re a believer, do not forget to pray, pray and pray…. Best of luck

12. BijouxthisBijouxthat

October 9, 2016 at 7:33 am

She’s pretty all alright but not drop dead gorgeous as some people make her out to be…
    And she looks very very stiff…. Or she’s shy?
    Kinda awkward body movement

13. @theomama

October 12, 2016 at 2:17 pm

@theomama as in 7 figures *stuttering* like every month? Wooooow gosh.. Am sorry I av to ask what did study?

14. Luvnaija

October 15, 2016 at 11:42 pm

@Mahka most coys i.e. Blue chips I know are stiff on employment now given the current economic situation.
    Yes 7 figure, it was grace and undeserved promotion from God. I had worked by soul out and badly relegated where I had worked before just because I didn’t join in sycophancy or frivolities! At the point I was in my lowest, God amazingly came through for me.
    He can do it for anybody regardless!