With beautiful and talented women from over 100 countries, the Miss World 2016 competition has officially kicked off!
Miss World 2016, will be the 66th edition of the Miss World pageant, It will be held on 18 December 2016 at the Gaylord National Resort & Convention Center in National Harbor, Maryland, United States just south of Washington, D.C.
119 contestants from all over the world will compete for the crown. This is the second time that the United States will host the pageant. Mireia Lalaguna of Spain will crown her successor at the end of the event.
As always BN will be bringing you all the updates from the competition but first, here’s a chance to meet ALL the African beauty queens who will be competing for the Miss World crown this year.
Things to note:
- Nigeria’s rep, Debbie Collins, Most Beautiful Girl in Nigeria MBGN Universe 2015 was appointed to compete at Miss World 2016 by Silverbird Group, the license holder for Miss World in Nigeria after MBGN 2016 pageant was canceled because of the current economic recession. Debbie represented Ebonyi State at MBGN 2015 and was the 1st runner-up at the pageant.
- Evelyn Njambi replaced Roshanara Ebrahim, Miss World Kenya 2016 after she was stripped of her title by Terry Muigai, the national director of Miss World Kenya pageant for the breach of code of conduct stipulated in her contract. Njambi represented Kiambu County at the Miss World Kenya 2016 and was crowned the 1st runner-up at the pageant.
- Lebakile Mokhohlane the original winner of Miss Lesotho 2016 pageant declined to participate at Miss World 2016 pageant due to her study commitments hence Rethabile Tsosane was appointed to replace Mokhohlane. Tsosane was the 4th runner-up at Miss Lesotho 2016 pageant and had also won the Top Model award.
- Julia Nguimfack, Miss Cameroon 2016 will not compete in this edition due to a visa problem.
- Miss Gabon 2016 pageant was postponed due to the political turmoil and unrest in the country that followed after the general elections therefore there is no representative for this year.
- Miss Zimbabwe Trust chairperson, Mary Chiwenga, canceled the 2016 edition of Miss Zimbabwe pageant due to “lack of quality candidates to compete at an international level”.
Name: Thata Kenosi
Bio: “On behalf of my people, I open my heart to you all as I welcome you to join me on this exiting journey in my life.”
Name: Esther Emmanuelle Memel
Bio: “Akwaba (Welcome) to my beloved country! I will try to show you all the wonders and treasures we have.”
Name: Andrea Moloto
Bio: “Loleko, please come visit my page and through it see my country that I want to show you.”
Name: Nadeen El-Sayed
Bio: “It’s my pleasure to extend a cheerful welcome to you all!”
Name: Anunciacion Esono Nfono
Bio: “I love life and look to share it with you all.”
Name: Soliyana Assefa
Bio: “Greetings from my country! I can’t wait to meet you all. Please follow my page!”
Name: Anthoinette Delali Kemavor
Bio: “Akwaaba! My name is Anthoinette Delali Kemavor and the representative of an exotic coastal land. Please follow me on my page and thank you for your support!”
Name: Safiatou Balde
Bio: “Hello my fans, I am Safiatou Balde! With your support I feel very confident to achieve my mission to win.”
Name: Sandra Marisa Araujo Monteiro
Bio: “Hi I am Sandra – I’m dignifying women of Guinea-Bissau. Please follow my page!”
Name: Evelyn Njamba Thungu
Bio: “Hello and welcome to my page. My name is Evelyn Njambi representing my beautiful country!
Name: Rethabile Anacletta Tsosane
Bio: “Kea le amohela. Please join me on my page”
Name: Veronica Allas
Bio: “Hello everyone, welcome to my contestant page! I hope that you will enjoy this wonderful journey with me!”
Name: Rodriguez Samantha Todivelou
Bio: “Welcome to all and thanks for joining me in this wonderful adventure. I am so proud to represent my country. Please follow me on my page!”
Name: Debbie Collins-Ugochukwu
Bio: “How Una dey? Embark with me on a journey through the busy city streets of Africa’s giant to the peace and serenity of our cool beaches where every step is an adventure. Wonders to behold and memories to cherish!”
Name: Jolly Mutesi
Bio: “Welcome to my page. Empower a woman and you impact the world, Beauty With a Purpose. Please follow me!”
Name: Christine Barbier
Bio: “Bonzour and welcome to my page! Come and experience the Beauty With a Purpose journey with me.”
Name: Aminata Adialin Bangura
Bio: “Hi everyone, welcome, I am Aminata. I humbly encourage you to learn more about me!”
Name: Ntandoyenkosi Kunene
Bio: “As Maya Angelou once said in her poem called our Grandmothers. I come as 1 but I stand as 10000! I come as 1 South African but I stand with the Blessings and support of 53 million South Africans.”
Name: Akuany Ayuen Jongkuch
Bio: “I am Akuany Ayuen, Welcome to my page!”
Name: Diana Lukumai
Bio: “I am Diana Edward, kindly follow me on my page and thank you for your support!”
Name: Leah Kagasa
Bio: “This is your tropical duchess from the pearl of Africa – Welcome to my page!”
Photo Credit: www.missworld.com