Relationships

From Usher & Church Member to Husband & Wife! Ada & Akin’s Picture Perfect Pre-Wedding Shoot by AWGZ Photography

ada-and-akin-pre-wedding-shoot-by-awgz_bellanaija-weddings-2016_5g1a8514Ada and Akin met in church. Soon after, Akin convinced her to become an usher, and not only did their bond grow, but also their joint commitment to growing together as Christians.

From being a shoulder to lean on, Akin became a steady presence in her life, and sooner than later, she had to admit she really liked him too…ada-and-akin-pre-wedding-shoot-by-awgz_bellanaija-weddings-2016_5g1a8535ada-and-akin-pre-wedding-shoot-by-awgz_bellanaija-weddings-2016_5g1a8531A proposal in dreamy Dubai made things official and now they are bride and groom.

Enjoy their love story and pre-wedding photos by AWGZ Photography!

Our Love Story
by the bride, Adaada-and-akin-pre-wedding-shoot-by-awgz_bellanaija-weddings-2016_5g1a8541Akin and I met in church.

I wanted to share a testimony on a particular day, so I was directed to him because he was the HOD of ushering department. Prior to that time I was just a normal church attendee.

I spoke to him about my testimony and he directed me how to go about it, I guess I caught his attention. Weeks later we saw again and he got on my neck to join the ushering department and after much persuasion I did join, became a worker in church and then we started talking a bit more.ada-and-akin-pre-wedding-shoot-by-awgz_bellanaija-weddings-2016_5g1a8385

I wasn’t really interested at first but his love for God was so passionate and that was attractive. He inspired me to be a better person, he made my relationship with Christ deeper.

He was always available if I needed anyone to talk to; if I had bad dreams he was the first person I would talk to and he would pray with me and encourage me, it was a different kind of friendship even though I was too stubborn to admit I liked him.ada-and-akin-pre-wedding-shoot-by-awgz_bellanaija-weddings-2016_5g1a8639So one day he called and said “Ada, when was the last time you were really happy?” and I said, “the last time I traveled haha” and he was like would u follow me for a trip? What was amazing was that my happiness meant so much to him, after that day I let my guards down. Weeks later we started dating, he was everything and more, he would always put me first in everything and made me top priority.ada-and-akin-pre-wedding-shoot-by-awgz_bellanaija-weddings-2016_collld

A year and a half down the line we traveled to Dubai and I had no clue he was going to propose, he made interesting plans on the trip and for us to stay at Burj Al Arab the last day we were there, didn’t think it was anything because he had always talked about going there.ada-and-akin-pre-wedding-shoot-by-awgz_bellanaija-weddings-2016_5g1a8560 ada-and-akin-pre-wedding-shoot-by-awgz_bellanaija-weddings-2016_5g1a8568 ada-and-akin-pre-wedding-shoot-by-awgz_bellanaija-weddings-2016_5g1a8579

And during a romantic dinner he popped the question, “Will you marry me?” and said he couldn’t think of a better place to propose and show me how much he appreciates me than the only 7-star hotel in the world.

I would say I have one of the best men in the world, you can never go wrong with a man that loves Christ.ada-and-akin-pre-wedding-shoot-by-awgz_bellanaija-weddings-2016_5g1a8569 ada-and-akin-pre-wedding-shoot-by-awgz_bellanaija-weddings-2016_5g1a8463 ada-and-akin-pre-wedding-shoot-by-awgz_bellanaija-weddings-2016_5g1a8371 ada-and-akin-pre-wedding-shoot-by-awgz_bellanaija-weddings-2016_5g1a8501

Photography: AWGZ Photography | instagram.com/awgz.married

1. Rrrrrrr

November 25, 2016 at 6:05 am

So simple and so beautiful. Boo, you remind me of Sophie Okonedo. Happy Married dearies

2. Julia Iyamah

November 25, 2016 at 6:29 am

Beautiful…….

3. Lilly

November 25, 2016 at 6:32 am

YES!!!!!!!!!!!! You can never go wrong with a man who truly loves Jesus Christ & vice versa

4. NationalSquirrel

November 25, 2016 at 6:39 am

The magnetic attraction between dark handsome Yoruba men and light beautiful ibo women is a good topic for research study

• Nahum

November 25, 2016 at 7:23 am

Stop trying to bait people into an argument. Yoruba men marry Yoruba women,Igbo women as well as women from other tribes. Nigerian women in general also marry regularly from other tribes. So stop trying to start an argument. There is no topic for research.

• EE

November 25, 2016 at 7:30 am

The magnetic attraction between Nigerians is not a new thing. We’re sort’a stuck together, we’ll commission the study when more Nigerians start marrying Australians.

• stella

November 25, 2016 at 9:39 am

agreed, yoruba men are obsessed with Igbo women expecially the light skinned the better.I know, I have lived in lagos and ibadan, the obsession should be a case study . I gbo women typically goes to where the money is or atleast if the man is financially okay,they dont care if your from sudan as far as you financiall okay, they will agree

• Seriously

November 25, 2016 at 10:06 pm

Nothing special. Research study needs to be done on why some people make a whole big deal out of nothing.
      Opposite attracts, not always the case but we tend to want what we don’t have. Short men like tall women, fat people tend to go for slimmer partner. I used to go tanning a lot but I had to stop because my skin developed some weird spots that i felt it’s probably caused by excess tanning. Dark skin men seem to be attracted to lighter skin women and vice versa. Lighter skin women love them some dark chocolate too.
      I had a crush on this light skin guy in high school. He said, I’m cute but he thinks my friend(dark skin) is really pretty. I wasn’t surprise when I saw his girlfriend on facebook who is dark skin.

Cute couple. They look really good together.

5. BijouxthisBijouxthat

November 25, 2016 at 6:42 am

Beautiful pictures…. Beautiful bride.. Handsome groom..
    So I am wondering, the way and manner he supposedly loves Christ, were the two of you celibate? In Dubai were you sleeping in different rooms?
    Because really, all this love for Christ is naught if you didn’t stick to a very important command and principle ☺️

• Pink

November 25, 2016 at 9:27 am

Hello Miss Debbie downer! Why don’t you contact them and ask for an in-depth analysis of their travel accommodations since it’s of such interest to you. Smh!

• Maxwell

November 25, 2016 at 4:21 pm

You are very stupid on many levels. Let me enumerate:
      1. What has someone’s sex life or lack thereof got to do with you? It is rude and classless to even inquire about such. Unless it is your own relationship or the couple discuss it with you, stay away you perv.
      2. Celibacy and religion: Some deeply religious people are not celibate and some Agnostics are celibate. Let each mature adult choose their own path.
      3. If you consider it a huge sin to have intimate relationships before/ during/ after marriage, then don’t engage in it.
      4. Questioning someone’s faith because you use celibacy as a litmus test / yardstick shows you are nothing but a judgemental idiot who wants to decide, scratch that, side-eye the couple. Who died and made you a judge?
      5. Mind your own business and remove the log in your eye before pointing out the speck in the eye of another person (if any sef). Since you don’t practice this particular biblical command, what is your relationship with your religion.

• SM

November 25, 2016 at 8:48 pm

Relax yourself. They chose to share their story so people will have questions. @bijoux was not disrespectful in the least. I had the same thought she did and by the likes of her comment so did a lot of other people.

• Mama

January 2, 2017 at 10:33 pm

You maxwel need to zip it and learn how to talk…..you are so rude too. She asked nothing wrong cos the fact that most people do it don’t make it right…..the reason the church is weak as it is today is because holiness and righteousness has lost its meaning in the modern church….as Christians we must live by his word…yes none is perfect but that don’t mean the truth must not be said…..that said this is one of the best pre wedding photo shoots for me…..they look so in love and the girl has a calm aura about her…..God bless your home

• Ellena

November 25, 2016 at 7:53 pm

My thoughts exactly!

• SM

November 25, 2016 at 8:47 pm

My dear I had the same thought.

• Esther

November 25, 2016 at 9:47 pm

I love this comment so much. It’s not even any shaming or nitpicking but something serious that people downplay so much.
      I met this guy at church. Everybody and even him can’t stop talking about his passion for God. He loves Jesus, he serves at church. He became interested in me, I was hesitant because I was done with dating but I gave it a chance because I’m like at least there won’t be pressure for sex. Boy was I wrong. I’m a new christian and new to church setting. I grew up catholic let’s just say pretty much nothing because I rarely go to mass. I was quite excited to have someone help me grow. Our conversation is mainly surrounded around God. Until recently, he mentioned sex. I was very shocked. not because he mentioned but the way he said as if that’s what we should be doing. And even went further to say, God understands that’s why he said we should ask for forgiveness.
      Christians, isn’t your beliefs or your passion for God match up with your actions/lifestyle. Not to be perfect but at least try to live by it.

• misstee

November 28, 2016 at 11:48 am

Spot on!This went through my mind but didnt want to talk .

6. Blueberry

November 25, 2016 at 7:20 am

She is such a beaity.

7. James

November 25, 2016 at 8:37 am

She looks like Sade..

8. keke driver

November 25, 2016 at 9:38 am

Sup with the third picture tho….dude is horn* AF

• seeing things

November 25, 2016 at 3:49 pm

thank God someone else noticed….. thought it was my eyes

• seeing things

November 25, 2016 at 4:46 pm

Thank God someone else noticed…….thought i was my eyes

• Bunny

November 25, 2016 at 5:37 pm

He he he he. You’re such a naughty guy. I had to scroll up to check.

9. Lovely

November 25, 2016 at 9:53 am

Nice

@BN girls & Nigerian Girls, Yoruba demon, Yoruba demon Yoruba demon but y’all wont stop falling for them and marrying them

phewwww

• Truth

November 26, 2016 at 5:32 pm

True, it’s like they love the heart break and pain those yoruba demons bring them, you cant save everyone, they will learn though.

10. nene

November 25, 2016 at 10:50 am

all these ushers are always scoping girls. that’s what their “ushering” involves. a few of them will even ask for your number. the female ushers can also be bitchy.

11. The Buttery Hotness

November 25, 2016 at 10:54 am

*grabs scarf and heads down to church*

• Mahka

November 25, 2016 at 11:06 am

Hahahahahaha, right behind you sista…the Xperience anyone?
      That infamous Freeze statement comes to mind again #justsaying.

• Dr. N

November 25, 2016 at 4:17 pm

Lol

12. Loveth Best

November 25, 2016 at 11:38 am

Amazing

13. Abus

November 25, 2016 at 11:38 am

They are both well dressed! I think other couples doing prewedding photo shoots should learn from them.

14. FAVOURINA

November 25, 2016 at 12:03 pm

My HICC peeps, HaPI for the Both of U

15. Ifeoma

November 25, 2016 at 2:48 pm

Aunty not all that glitters is gold. Please don’t generalise. Nor all women are materialistic ooo. M married to a sweet, loving and better half yoruba man.

• pity

November 26, 2016 at 5:29 pm

eiyaa

16. OA

November 25, 2016 at 5:10 pm

Yep, I won’t be surprised if some go into ushering for ulterior motives. At least in the church that I attend, that appears to be the case.
    Which reminds me…that is how one day I went to service oh, and noticed that the usher standing in front of me was not wearing a “slip” and her skirt was see-through. Won’t say it was transparent, but I could see the light shining on the other side of her skirt just by looking at the skirt. I was so embarrassed! I felt like calling her to the side to say, “wa/zo/bia, next time please wear slip especially since you have chosen to be an usher.” The part that almost killed me was when she was called up the stage with her husband (they are a brand new couple) to come and give the pastor a gift or something like that. I froze/cringed the entire moment! Shidren of nowadays sha!

17. pearly

November 25, 2016 at 5:42 pm

Thank you @ bijouxthisbijouxthat. I thought I was the only one who saw that. A young believer or an unbeliever may be deceived to feel it is just OK to embark on these kinda trips. I know no one is perfect and God’s grace is available for all. I want to encourage every Christian couple to honour God till the wedding day.

18. Yoyo

November 25, 2016 at 10:24 pm

He looks like Kevin hart

19. mike

November 25, 2016 at 10:28 pm

Hmm maybe it’s about time to settle down ?.The above pictures are are everything…..awesome!

20. amaka

November 26, 2016 at 3:47 am

Proud of you cousin, God bless your marriage. ,

21. belovely

November 26, 2016 at 2:39 pm

“You can never go wrong with a man who loves Christ” – YAAAASSS GIRL! GET IT! Wishing you and your beau a happy married life!

22. Nnechi Spicy

November 26, 2016 at 4:12 pm

So…sister Ada and bro Akin when you travelled on that first trip and then Dubai were you… atchooo, atchooo (bless me), Ehen as I was saying,did you… atchooo atchoooo (bless me) chai cold oh…

23. Tobi thompson

November 26, 2016 at 4:26 pm

See ibo girls commenting in hundreds when they see yoruba men n their kind. No ibo guys to marry them.

24. Development