Scoop

“I thank God every day for gifting you to me” – Richard Mofe-Damijo pens an Open Letter to his Daughter for her 14th Birthday

BellaNaija.com

richard-mofe-damijo-daughterRichard Mofe-Damijo is such a cool dad…even though in this open letter to his daughter for her 14th birthday he says that he would never compromise on his values just to be seen as a cool dad.

Celebrating his daughter today, he explains to her in the letter that it is way more important to him that she has deep-seated that are Christian and African than for him to be cool and aloof.

Read the open letter below.

1. daddysgirl

November 5, 2016 at 12:32 am

Daddy dearest , how will I read your message since I’m not on the gram?

• Corolla

November 5, 2016 at 5:37 am

Lol! For real, Everything has to be done for the gram these days. If it’s not on the gram, it didn’t happen.

2. ATL's finest

November 5, 2016 at 2:50 am

Awwwww how sweet 🙂 but only God can keep these kids sane & grounded for us the way we want them to be 🙂 lol @ Urhobo man

3. Laface

November 5, 2016 at 4:41 am

Main message:
    1. Daughter is studying in US
    2. She is on a GPA of 3.8

• ATL's finest

November 5, 2016 at 5:10 am

@ Laface lmao.. U know how Nigerians like to do na 🙂 Well what a great way to pass d msg across???. I thought it was only me who shook my head when I read that 🙂

• LOL

November 5, 2016 at 9:17 am

@Laface, you got it!
      Self serving post, but why under the guise of humility do our people do this?

4. Anon

November 5, 2016 at 5:10 am

Her GPA is something to be proud of! Studying abroad is even cheaper than these useless expensive schools in Nigeria, don’t let your complex show too much. Better be happy for him so God can answer your own prayers and you can one day afford to send your child abroad

5. Lacey

November 5, 2016 at 6:21 am

Thank you RMD for making this generation know that our Christian tenets and African culture is a very important structure for teenagers whether at home or abroad! Correct Urhobo man! And best wishes to our lovely angel!may the good Lord continue to keep her and make his face shine upon her!
    The man has the right to write whatever he wants to write about his daughter’s grades ,because 3.8 gpa is not beans especially in this America wey to read book hard!

• Tumi

November 5, 2016 at 11:12 am

I dey tell you.. 3.8 out of 4. No be beans at all

6. trey

November 5, 2016 at 10:22 am

Abeg RMD you and Tony Rapu need to sit your kids now and express your emotions. This open letter thing is ?

7. Babym

November 5, 2016 at 11:48 am

No no no! This is getting out of hand!! What the hell is truly wrong with some of u? A father cannot praise or brag about his daughter without u lot writing total rubbish?? Like seriously WTH is going on! And I’m not buying all that ‘oh keep things private blah blah’ that’s is just BS! Face facts! U r not just happy to hear ppl doing well! Now search urself and ask urself why? What cld have happened to u that a father praising his daughter bothers u so much?? May God heal ur pain…

• Dorofeminist

November 5, 2016 at 1:26 pm

Asin may God heal their pain. I didn’t know how bad Buhari’s administration until the past two months in BN. They are currently the worst and meanest group of commenters on the Nigerian blogosphere. Says a lot about the financial groups being affected in Nigeria and how many are responding. I guess this is the middle class’ first time so they’re still coping

• seyi

November 5, 2016 at 4:32 pm

Honestly, really thinking I would stop coming to BN o, some comments here are just too mean!! Haba,

8. YemisiRoline

November 5, 2016 at 3:05 pm

Babym, God bless you for that comment!
    Nigerians and beef* ehn, they go hand in hand wella!

9. seyi

November 5, 2016 at 4:31 pm

How will she read it? Maybe she comes to bella naija, guess she’s allowed to surf the internet! I would truly feel loved if my dad this for me(he has actually, on face book, on my birthday, he wrote a lovely mushy epistle) I scrolled down expecting for once to read comments like awww, or just plain happy birthday but just look at one is reading?? What the hell is wrong with some of you!! How do you think she will feel reading these comments about her father!! Have you no shame, or discretion or limits???? Gosh!! I tire for people these days!! Happy birthday darling,I think you have a loving father,and he’s right you know… Social median can be such an ugly place as proven by some comments up there,its best you wait till you’re older so you can make more balanced decisions….