Scoop

Mogul Moves? Star Actress Rita Dominic is going into the Luxury Human Hair Business with Beauty Entrepreneur Blessing Kenneth

BellaNaija.com

img_8768Award winning A-List actress Rita Dominic has collaborated with Nigerian Canadian beauty entrepreneur Blessing Kenneth to produce an exclusive luxury human hair collection.

According to reports, Rita’s collection with the BK Unique Hair brand is set to feature a number of her signature hairstyles.

Blessing Kenneth & Rita Dominic

Blessing Kenneth & Rita Dominic

Amazingly, both the BK Unique team as well as Rita will donate proceeds from the sales of this exclusive luxury collection towards cancer research, as well as treatment for cancer patients undergoing treatment.

Will you buy Rita Dominic’s signature hairstyles?

1. ceetoo

November 16, 2016 at 10:25 am

Yes i will… becos i know she does not have hair like me but her “hair” always looks nice. As long as they are wigs sha… i will surely buy

2. ELE

November 16, 2016 at 10:31 am

If i can afford oh!

3. Diva

November 16, 2016 at 10:56 am

Christain Louboutin shoes
    Me Love :*

4. Xplorenollywood.com

November 16, 2016 at 11:00 am

Nice… wishing you all the best. I also think she can go into lashes as well! Her lashes ehen, she looks amazing in them.

5. Marlvina

November 16, 2016 at 11:03 am

Nice one!

6. Sonia Paloma

November 16, 2016 at 11:20 am

I love this woman and i always love to see her win

7. Anon

November 16, 2016 at 12:14 pm

Dear Nigerian Women,
    There are other bizness ventures outside of clothes and hair!!!
    Biko think wide, your brain won’t shut down.
    Sincerely,
    Tired Female

• Ranyinudo

November 16, 2016 at 12:51 pm

…And the sky is wide enough for everyone. Don’t be tired “Female”, just support and encourage your kind & move on!
      Welldone Rita D!

• Marlvina

November 16, 2016 at 12:53 pm

Lol! Hair, clothes and fashion seems to be the most lucrative business for the typical Nigerian woman and its fast becoming a niche market! Considering the Nigerian environment, apart from your professional office jobs, for a side business, you just want something that sells and moves fast! Just look around, everyone is either a fashion designer, MUA, running a boutique, selling natural hair products, shoes/bags, making hairpieces/hats/fascinator’s etc. Nigerian ladies are intellectual and fashionable, it’s a fact! We can’t even argue that, that’s who we are. Personally, the essence of business is to make profit o, while at it network also and have fun! You don’t want a business you sit from Monday to Saturday, kneeling and praying in your closet for customers or a business you seem to be afraid at running at a loss. Venture into whatever is in vogue. Fast market.

• Cindy

November 16, 2016 at 1:37 pm

Please stay on your lane. If you want to think outside the box, no one is stopping you. But don’t knock other’s struggle because it doesn’t sooth your taste. Let’s not pretend that our culture is not a contributing factor to this. Most women go into this sort of business because it is wife and mother friendly. It’s gives you time to sort out your other responsibilities. At least give them a plus for trying. Damned if you do, damned if you don’t?

• nene

November 16, 2016 at 3:01 pm

i doubt you live in nigeria. in nigeria, doing business is highly frustrating and the business environment is not conducive. here, not every business makes profit, and people need to make money since there are no jobs and some jobs even discriminate based on age. if all people want to do is sell hair, then so be it, as long as they are making a living.

• Bimbo

November 16, 2016 at 4:36 pm

Don’t blame them, it is our economy! The only things that move seem to be food , shelter and hair and beauty ! W0men would rather go hungry than not look nice.

• hischt

November 16, 2016 at 4:38 pm

Am really worried for the Nigerian Female. Eveything is buying and selling….no innovation, no originality..

• chima

November 16, 2016 at 10:38 pm

I agree. I understand wigs, clothing and fashion is the most lucrative business in Naija due to the environment. But we need to be more innovative and creative. And take risks and find ways to make it work. I’m speaking to myself too. I’m interested in business but I want to invest in ideas and innovation that will impact lives of Nigerians as a whole. I shared some of my ideas with my parent the other day, they immediately shut it down, it won’t work in Nigeria. Then my mum gave an example of someone that owns a clothing store in ikeja and she’s doing well. I told her, there’s nothing wrong with my business idea, the problem is the mind of Nigerians my parent included.

We are so guilty of just following one road until it runs dry, this same mentality applies to everything just like how we followed oil, made/stole money and didn’t think of nurturing other resources. Now we are stuck. Just like how our parent insist on us being doctors or engineers and not allowing us to nurture other talent, skills in us that can better help in building the country.
      It’s a naija mentality thing, we just focus on superficial things, temporary and quick solutions. We want the easy way out. I will do this business because i heard this person is a millionaire now, me i want to be a millionaire too and build big houses.
      One of the things I’ve always admired about some western entrepreneurs is, they always focus on the product, the goal, service, the long term impact and other things usually fall into place. No need to worry about profit, if your product is serving people well profit follows naturally.

8. Gwen

November 16, 2016 at 2:06 pm

Well done Rita D!

Hopefully the hair will be affordable. I like the fact that part of the proceeds will go towards something positive.

Where can I buy?

9. Ms jazz

November 16, 2016 at 2:09 pm

Women can never be happy for another woman. Shame on you all hating on Queen Riri’s mogul moves! Shior

10. Ms jazz

November 16, 2016 at 2:10 pm

She has taste. I will surely buy

11. Robin Hood

November 16, 2016 at 2:21 pm

The most annoying thing about this is that despite all the human hair, some people still remain ugly than women who wear their natural hair

• jade edo babe

November 16, 2016 at 10:11 pm

@some people still remain ugly than women who wear their natural hair
      This statement get k leg. Are you implying women with natural hair are not beautiful because that’s a big lie.
      You are a pretty girl whether na your own hair or you carry indian hair for head. Chinese wig will not make you look better.
      The main problem is the hair just looks too fake and hotmess.

12. fee

November 16, 2016 at 5:23 pm

Looks highly synthetic biko!

13. TheBeautifulTruth

November 17, 2016 at 12:27 am

I guess Aliexpress does not ship to Lagos?

I discovered Aliexpress and STOPPED buying hair from all these IG/Online sellers. Saved a bunch of money, I bet you they Buy from Aliexpress

• Clara

November 17, 2016 at 9:44 am

I know right! Me too

14. Dr BAM!

November 17, 2016 at 11:10 am

@the beautiful truth, please which suppliers have good hair in Ali express? Would love to try them out please. Good hair in Naija is way too overpriced!!!!! Hian!!!!! Abeg help a sister out

• Jade

November 17, 2016 at 2:22 pm

You can call me on 09099340002, my name is Jade and I lie in Abuja, I sell very good hair i source myself and will give you a refund if you have any complaints. Try me out and see for yourself! expecting your call