Events

Designer Vivian Owo of Elegance by Vivian Presents her 2017 Collection

BellaNaija.com

Elegance by Vivian presented it’s 2017 collection in Port-Harcourt City on the 17th of December 2016  in Hotel Presidential.

She is a fashion brand created by Vivian Owo in 2013. This unisex fashion house employs the African print, popularly known as Ankara; and mixes it with western fabric, to create eclectic day and evening wears.

The 2016 collection was inspired by the retro style of the 70’s fun fashion look. I married my love for my African culture, with the 70’s western fashion look to create looks that expresses individuality. My creativity was also inspired by my favorite artist Pablo Picasso.

It was from feathers, to mini-skirts, to palazzo pants, to chiffon maxi dresses, with ethnic accessories and especially the ‘no-rules’ approach that made the outfits unconventional, glamorous and fun!

The Run way show hosted by Dabi Lolomari  was garnished with  music from the upcoming artist Obedyy; Salsa and high energy African dance was performed by ‘Beauiful feet’ dance group. Comedians like Prince Hezekiah & K.O Baba Johnson had the audiences in stitches and Jazz soloist Jimmy Sampson created  a beautiful, elegant ambience for the evening.

Elegance By Vivian is located at Tombia street, GRA Phase II. Portharcourt. She provides other services such as personal styling, make up and a variety of African and traditional accessories for sale and hire

She also showed appreciation to Humanitarian Activist and President Agape Birthright Ankio Briggs by honouring her with an Award of Excellence.

See more photos from the event:

Credits:
Designs
: Elegance By Vivian. (Address: 284b Tombia street, GRA Phase II. PH, Instagram  –@elegancebyvivian. Tel 08060710764.)
Event Organizer: Dabi’s Event. Tel 08109401188.
Models: Iris Models. Instagram – @irismodels.
Photography / Videography: Joeyfotos. Instagram – @joeyfotos.
Comedians: Prince Hezekiah. Instagram – @princehezekiah & K.O Baba Johnson. instagram –@kobabaofficial
Artist: Obedyy. Instagram – @iamobedyymelody.
Makeup: Serene Spa & Elegance By Vivian.
Decorator: Flipa Finesse Creators. Instagram – @flipafinessecreators.
Food & Drinks: Hotel Presidential. Address : Birabi St. Port-Harcourt. Tel: +234 (0) 8055559500

___________________________________________________________________
Sponsored Content

1. lisabella

December 29, 2016 at 9:49 am

Wow. See my PHD peeps

2. Omoté

December 29, 2016 at 11:30 am

Do ur homework n come back with a bang nxt year Vivian! Good luck!?

3. Fifi

December 29, 2016 at 1:55 pm

Unisex?

4. Brian

December 29, 2016 at 6:09 pm

Lovely show with great looking people. More of these in PH please.

5. THC

December 30, 2016 at 12:29 am

2016 collection when other designers have moved on to 2017 and beyond?! Lol. Please get real… Mediocre to say the least. Waste of time and money.

• Vivian

December 30, 2016 at 10:26 am

LOL!!! Haters like you who don’t even have the money to waste motivate visionaries! Ask Donald Trump! Thanks for the ladder! Buhahaha!!!

6. THC

December 30, 2016 at 2:03 pm

Girl, nobody is hating on you. Your over-inflated ego is your problem plus you need better people in your life and not yes-men kowtowing to your illusions of grandeur. That ish you have up there is trash! Go do your homework instead of coming online and fighting anonymous comments. This tells a lot about your personality. Grow up lil’ petty ass girl.

• Vivian

December 30, 2016 at 6:20 pm

You are a lil broke trashy anonymous ”going no where:” freak! Who has nothing to offer to the world! A weak critical analyst who has nothing attached to your name obviously! That’s why you write as anonymous! People like you motivate me! Go and make a name for yourself and stop hiding under anonymous! That’s the height of inferiority complex and ” I am ashamed of myself” sort of thing! Make news!!! Or bury your head cause I’d be around for along time! LAME U!

7. titti

December 30, 2016 at 6:48 pm

THC you sound like a frustrated person. Your kind are easy to spot:you troll people On the Internet to feel better. Why is Vivian’so matter so important to you? Bad belle is real! Damn

8. hotstuff

December 30, 2016 at 7:06 pm

Lol @ THC, you’ve had your 5 mins of fame, you got the attention. Now run along and do some thing real with your life-oh, you could do some self medication this weekend(booze for example) to help with the pain, pain is real sweetie – you got all my sympathy . Good luck!

9. THC

December 30, 2016 at 9:09 pm

Lol! I like your attitude, shows you’re a fighter. Now channel that energy into your so-called fashion and design house and maybe, just maybe something worthwhile will come out of it. Money doesn’t buy class, blood-money for that matter… or wait is it runs money? So I’m not surprised at your ranting on here. Lol! Ezinne noticed I haven’t thrown any personal jabs at you… until now. Don’t go throwing insults (TRUMPed up insults at that… haha pun intended), when your life is a series of acrimonious acts. Be careful LITTLE GIRL! If you didn’t want PUBLIC opinion, you shouldn’t have paid bellanaija to publish your trash on their very PUBLIC website. There’s a reason why people get educated and gain experience in their line of craft. You obviously know nothing about yours. Do better. And yeah, for an ABU girl, your grammar and punctuation is embarrassing. But then again, you were a dufus in school, so there!

• Vivian

December 30, 2016 at 9:46 pm

Buhahaha!!! I knew it was all hate and beef!! Don’t worry anonymous angry animal! I’d be here in a very long time! Get ready to keep monitoring and wasting your life following me! Continue to be USELESS in the society! Watch me make news! Hope you can afford enough credit for that! For the records I made a Ist in the University of Hertfordshire! England! I’m pretty sure you have no idea where that is! As you obviously cannot amount to NOTHING, let me help you on my page and give the moment you’ve been waiting for! 5mins of local fame! Buhahahaha!!! I’m coming out bigger and better next year, so clown you can go and drown!

10. THC

December 30, 2016 at 10:47 pm

Receipts!!! Show them! Lol 1st in what? Bitch bye! You only did a certification program! Don’t make me put your business out here in these internet streets. You really do think people envy you? Lol. Maybe people as myopic as you are, people who will fuck anything, marry anything to wear labels and such. Take the criticism and keep it moving, but no you want to come on here and flex your internet-trigger-happy fingers. Because you f****d your way to a couple countries in the world, you feel you’ve transcended others. Lol. So where exactly is Hertfordshire you numbf**k? I bet you couldn’t pick it out on a map. Money miss road nama chop am! Taaaaa! Have several seats hoe!

11. THC

December 30, 2016 at 10:51 pm

Receipts!!! Show them! Lol 1st in what? Bitch bye! You only did a certification program! Don’t make me put your business out here in these internet streets. You really do think people envy you? Lol. Maybe people as myopic as you are, people who will f**k anything, marry anything to wear labels and such. Take the criticism and keep it moving, but no you want to come on here and flex your internet-trigger-happy fingers. Because you f****d your way to a couple countries in the world, you feel you’ve transcended others. Lol. So where exactly is Hertfordshire you numbf**k? I bet you couldn’t pick it out on a map. Money miss road nama chop am! Taaaaa! Have several seats hoe!

• Vivian

December 31, 2016 at 8:34 am

LOL!!! You are obviously an angry miserable frustrated donkey who has made herself a public nuisance! Because you are a failure living in the past with no future, your lonely jobless and USELESS anonymous self just roam around like the devil you are, seeking whom to destroy! Girl go take a shower and make news for yourself! Your speech is weak, tasteless and ugly! I bet that’s how u look too! Lol! Don’t let your self waste! You may just fit in somewhere! As a glorified hater and ‘lil miss kill joy’ that u are, you can try producing horror movies! Hollywood may just recognise your talent! And finally, you may just be relevant and have a name in the society, rather than ‘USELESS Anonymous!’ Lol! You have nothing to say boo! Get ready to be disgraced because by GOD’S Grace I’m coming out BIGGER, BETTER & GLOBALLY recognised next year and beyond! Then my certificates and accomplishments will be thrown at your FACE! LOSER!!! Buhahaha!

• Vivian

December 31, 2016 at 1:12 pm

Buhahaha!!! Words of a complete frustrated failure!!! LOL!! Listen to yourself! You’re such a hopeless low angry old witch! Moneky haven’t your heard that 20 kids don’t play together for 20 years?! Renew your mind! Think of how to grow and be useful! Add value to someone’s life! Haters like you remain stagnate; they die UNKNOWN and MISERABLE! I feel so sorry for you! It could be the reason your life is the way it is!!! You can never amount to NOTHING with such an envious evil heart! If I where a ritual killer, wouldn’t it be convenient to use a public nuisance like you, who has made her anonymous self completely USELESS in the society? That way no one would even notice, it won’t make a difference whether or not you existed! Take a dive in the Mediterranean Sea! Now I know my matter is your problem, you’d be seeing a lot of me! Thanks for the ladder! Watch GOD shut you up! Lil witchcraft! I’d end that career of yours! Fly back to your miserable hole where you belong and die there! LOL!!!

12. Vivian

December 31, 2016 at 1:12 pm

MONKEY!!!!

13. Tripple N

December 31, 2016 at 10:59 pm

Oh dear! Vivian in my opinion, you honestly should have ignored THC. Everyone is entitled to their opinion just as we’ve all got an asshole. She obviously tried to get you emotional, so she can fight dirty on here. Unfortunately you fell for it. I understand you had to fight back but babes you’re bigger than this. Few months from now you’d regret replying. Nevertheless, you have a passion and by God’s Grace you have the funds to grow your business. FOCUS! FOCUS! FOCUS! There’s always room for improvement and growth. As advanced as an iphone is, they update their software every now and then. What does that tell you? All the best Vivian. 2017 is here.

14. Vivian

January 1, 2017 at 1:57 am

Lmao @ asshole!! Thanks Tripple N! You couldn’t have said it any better! They say; ”When you fight with a pig, you’d get dragged into the mud! Oh well! I’m done with trash! 2017 is indeed here! Time to make GREATER news this year and beyond by GOD’S Grace!

15. Deby

January 2, 2017 at 11:43 am

Vivan there is a saying what others think about you is none of your business ..especially when you know it’s negative not what you think is negative. The ability to take on negative content and turn it into gold is what matters….
    Replying none stop to what already seems childish . You both sound like you ve fought before and now bringing the mess here …never give room or bring your self down to THC level…cos its obvious that your existence kinda rubs her the wrong way ….but she also gave a few good advice with an extra hate tone here and there …..
    But for something positive ..yes you need to improve like the rest of the fashion designers out there and be more innovative with your next collection.
    Criticism will always be there ..even Jesus went through that..
    All the best

16. Vivian

January 2, 2017 at 4:02 pm

Girl I get u! It’s only a fool who wouldn’t accept ‘constructive criticism!’ It’s absolutely important for improvement and growth in life! However, there are just evil people that no matter what you do, would hate you and would never want to see you do well! People like that are called witches! Can I change that? No! But GOD would destroy their evil plans over my life! In JESUS name! Amen!! I’m certainly not looking to be applaud by everyone; that’s unrealistic and I get that! But when you come at me like that? I can’t pretend, it takes GOD’S Grace not to react sweetie! People who would like you, would like you regardless and vice versa! It’s absolutely ridiculous to even pay attention to an anonymous clown who has contributed nothing to the society, give me ”constructive criticism!’ LOL!! Where did Oprah Winfrey go?!!! Girl pls! That was pure hate and I reacted to it the only way I knew how at the time! It could have been perceived as childish and I can agree! But so what girl?! Kids have the most fun!! LOL!!! Anyway….This is a new year! Like I said, I’m done with trash and I’m getting set for greater things this year! Don’t expect me to satisfy the universe, cuz I’m yet to see who can pull that off! Thanks Daby dear!! Happy New Year! One love!