News

“Everything I own ‘I’ work for, everything these yahoo boy Pastors own, ‘You’ worked for!” – Freeze

BellaNaija.com

freezeCool FM On-air personality Freeze is not one to shy away from sharing his views and in the past couple of days, he has been quite vocal about how some Pastors are flourishing while their flock are suffering.

In a new post on Instagram, he writes:

What a beautiful morning, almost 10am and I have so many reasons to smile! There is nothing wrong with wearing or owning luxury products.
———-
Everything I own ‘I’ work for, everything these yahoo boy pastors own, ‘YOU’ WORKED FOR!
———-
That’s why I am an evangelist not a priest or pastor and I have never collected tithe or offering from anyone I preach the word to, in fact, I even give to some of those I preach to.
When, if at all, I’m called by God to be a pastor, I will have auditors audit the offering and gifts and annually the entire church will know how the funds were utilized to the last kobo. If I attempt to do otherwise, feel free to remind me of this post!
——–
——–
Akon provided electricity for almost 2 million homes in Africa free of Charge, it beats me that a pastor worth $150 million dollars, who owns more than one private jet cannot provide 24 hr electricity for Ota, which has a population of less than 2 million people.
——–
Jesus never took, he gave instead, he fed the multitude more than once and he instructed our first pastors, the 12 disciples, not to own more than one coat, the disciples even complained of being in rags, homeless and hungry, so how come our pastors are the exact opposite of the disciples?
——–
Matthew 10:8-10 KJV
[8] Heal the sick, cleanse the lepers, raise the dead, cast out devils: freely ye have received, freely give. [9] Provide neither gold, nor silver, nor brass in your purses, [10] Nor scrip for your journey, neither two coats, neither shoes, nor yet staves: for the workman is worthy of his meat.
——–
1st Corinthians chapter 4 verse 11: To this very hour we go hungry and thirsty, we are in rags, we are brutally treated, we are homeless. 12We work hard with our own hands. When we are cursed, we bless; when we are persecuted, we endure it; 13when we are slandered, we answer kindly. We have become the scum of the earth

1. o

December 14, 2016 at 2:32 pm

Na wa for una BN!! If Freeze sneezes, you will post. Just keep on giving him audience… Mschewwwwww. As for the man with running mouth, I have no words for him….

• A Real Nigerian

December 14, 2016 at 2:47 pm

He has a point. He is saying something.
      Do you want to look at people in Asoebi, listen to the latest from Lil Kesh and know which celebrity attended which event all the time? Is that the only content you want from BN?

• o

December 14, 2016 at 3:11 pm

Yes he does. His point is ALWAYS to bash pastors. Out of the millions that do good, he has never praised them. Him and his point should carry go…..

• A Real Nigerian

December 14, 2016 at 3:22 pm

Why shouldn’t he bash them if they deserve bashing?
      And, pastors are expected to do good. Have we gone so low that we are now praising pastors for doing what is expected of them?

• o

December 14, 2016 at 3:38 pm

It should be balanced. You can’t only point out the negatives all the time…..

• Darius

December 14, 2016 at 4:47 pm

I completely agree, but this man’s obsession with “yahoo pastors” as he calls them, is abnormal. Freeze, pls, go seek help.

2. Peace

December 14, 2016 at 2:35 pm

Mr Freeze, you have come again, you have come again.

3. A Real Nigerian

December 14, 2016 at 2:38 pm

“If the man in Ota sold one of his private jets, it would educate his students free for nearly 40years, do the math, and this will enable them obtain quality education for those who can’t afford it, empowering and enlightening the next generation.”

Oyedepo (I guess that’s who he’s talking about?) is a fraud but I completely disagree with this.
    This is extremely short-sighted thinking and it is one of the issues that plague Africans. What happens after 40 years? How does the university continue to maintain its supposedly high standards after then? No no.
    The problem is not with the university itself but with how he extorted funds from the poor to build said university. The means, not the end. A university that only the children of the rich will attend. The problem is with how he has monetized the church exclusively for private gain.
    But hey, his sheep who affectionately refer to him as “Daddy” will never understand that.

• Chiney

December 15, 2016 at 7:53 am

You could use this data to feed someone in your neighbourhood. Who have you helped waiting for the man in Ota. Dont you see Imams too even Buddhist monks you only talk about pastors.

4. Marlvina

December 14, 2016 at 2:47 pm

Mshewww! Lonely, sleep deprived, bored fellow.

5. Nene

December 14, 2016 at 2:49 pm

He makes sense. Churches need to start using all the money they get to do good and hopefully change our society

6. A Real Nigerian

December 14, 2016 at 2:50 pm

BN, please stop putting my comments in your goddamned moderation filter when they contain no cuss words.

7. @edDREAMZ

December 14, 2016 at 3:13 pm

a.k.a EDWIN CHINEDU AZUBUKO said…
    This guy is never giving up insulting this pastors though.. Lolx..
    ***CURRENTLY IN JUPITER***

• "changing moniker"

December 14, 2016 at 3:36 pm

when did you get back from Mars? you were gone awhile.

8. xplorenollywood.com

December 14, 2016 at 3:47 pm

I think he should investigate oh and not just castigate.

9. Des

December 14, 2016 at 4:13 pm

Yes ohh. They are ybnl. They are ybwp. Yahoo boys with pulpit. Make God do come self until then I pray in my house with my Shide and huzban.

10. Olufemi

December 14, 2016 at 4:52 pm

Honestly, he has spoken the truth on this matter. I am a Christian, I pay my tithe, offering and sow. My heart always bleed when I see people suffer, I am constantly giving. I will be 50 next year, and have said in lieu of a party, I will use that money to help people that need it. What I don’t understand is how pastors are able to look away from poverty and helplessness. I have often wondered about covenant university’s approach. Even the children of the parishioners can’t afford that school. May God truly help us all. Vanity upon vanity, all is vanity, so the bible teaches us

11. Toluwalope

December 14, 2016 at 4:54 pm

You’re so right man. You just said the bitter truth these slaves are always scared of saying.

12. nwa nna

December 14, 2016 at 4:54 pm

Don’t typically agree with blabbering Freeze on a lot of his opinions but on this I have to concur with him.
    I’ve always been of the opinion that churches in Nigeria DO NOT do enough for its members or the Nigerian society at large!
    For whom much is given much is required, and I feel that Christian’s aka the Bible slingers in naija give more than enough, especially their hard earned monies to the various churches they belong to yet get very little in return.
    They’re told by their pastorpreneurs that their rewards awaits them in heaven while the pastor’s live a fantastically oppulent life of luxury and jet setting.
    I’m sure there are some churches that do a lot for their members, but in the grand scheme of things more needs to be done!!

13. suzzygreat

December 14, 2016 at 5:50 pm

why is freeze so obssesed with pastors lives like that, if he is not quarreling about tithes then it is the cars they drive if he want enjoy what they have then he should ordain himself and become a pastor and enjoy whatever they are enjoying or he should shut up his beak and leave pastors alonc

14. Taiwo

December 14, 2016 at 6:10 pm

That’s why I attend Daystar! I see my “donations” take action not buying some private jets.

I am afraid but I agree with Freeze just this once.

• Anon

December 14, 2016 at 8:19 pm

MFM as well.

If I remember, in Latter Rain, they don’t ask for tithes. There are a few good ones/new generation churches.
      Pastor Tunde Bakare – “I can tell you by the grace of God that at the Latter Rain Assembly, you can come and watch us, stay for about five or six weeks, you will not hear such a thing mentioned. Do I pay tithe? Definitely. But I don’t make it a law for everybody. I do from my earnings because I don’t depend on church offerings.”