Scoop

“I truly wish I could change every bad situation for your sake and the peace of the family” – Ubi Franklin writes His Son

BellaNaija.com

TripleMG boss, Ubi Franklin has penned an emotional letter to his and Lilian Esoro‘s son, Jayden.

He also praised his wife Lilian, who he described as a ‘Super Mum’.

“You are strong, doing an excellent job, and I continue to admire you deeply,” Franklin said about Lilian in the post.

Read the letter below:

Letter To My Son @jaydenubifranklin
Son, witnessing your birth was not just an experience; it was a miracle (the beauty of a child being born is nothing but pure joy).
You came and melted my heart, taught me to love, taught me to forgive and see things differently. My past experiences made me one who was easily provoked but God always uses something, or someone to change people, to break them, and for me; my SON and some self discipline did.
You have also taught me to admit my mistakes and apologize for them, even when I think I’m not wrong but may have upset someone, apologize! It takes NOTHING from you but gives you EVERYTHING!!! Son, your magical smile is what I love – Dad Loves you dearly – and will do all to make you happy for my days are better because of you. I have a whole new perspective to life and have experienced another side of life all because of you. (Thank God).
Life doesn’t always serve us happy cards but I truly wish I could change every bad situation for your sake and the peace of the family.
This is a letter to you my Son.
This December will be our first Christmas together and your very first Christmas here on Earth…. (Praise God).
Tomorrow is a New Year too.You’re the hero of this story and a new life with you is all because of your Mum (super Mum)….9months carrying and protecting you has led our paths to meet. Growing so fast and big now (you even make efforts to grab my phone and take selfies lol) WOW!!! ??????❤
To your Mum; “You are strong, doing an excellent job, and I continue to admire you deeply.”
Oh Jayden, I am so excited to see the plan that God has for your life. I already feel the magic that you will be a great son. You woke up a love in me that I didn’t realize existed. I am Proud to be your father….I have loved you since I found out about you, I loved you more when I met you on your birthday, i have loved you more each day during this past 5 months, and i will love you more for the next four months, four years, four decades, and every day after that. I will always, always love you. My heart just aches and trembles with all my love for you.
Forever and always… Your Daddy.❤️??
Welcome to 2017????✌?❤??

1. EC

December 31, 2016 at 11:03 am

Oh please. Is this for your son? Good. Then wait for him to get old enough to read and understand privately.

• Darius

December 31, 2016 at 12:28 pm

@EC, what’s your problem? The man is just professing his undying love for his son. Why do you have a problem with that. He wants the world to know how much he cherishes and adores his son. If you truly love someone, you’d shout it from the rooftops right? I believe he also wants his wife to read this. Ubi truly loves Lilian and would do anything to have her back. But Ubi, if you beg and she refuses to accept, move on with your life. Whatever qualities you think Lilian possess, a lot of beautiful ladies out there, possess even more. Don’t pine away becoz of her.

• EE

December 31, 2016 at 7:10 pm

@Darius. Please THINK. Would you prefer you FATHER UNCLE OR BROTHERS doing this. Especially when you have no say as a child.

No matter what this is now public and cannot be retracted.

Please be mature about it for your child’s sake

• EE

December 31, 2016 at 7:11 pm

@Darius. Ubi is that you? ? Oya shout from the roof top. Oga just go and tell your son. Better yet take care of him like a father should

• A Niger Deltan

December 31, 2016 at 10:20 pm

Thank you. Please “You be,” keep a journal that is private and readable for your son. We dont want to know. If you want to communicate with Lilian, grow balls, send her an email or give her a call. Better still, do a face to face if she wants to see ya face. Protect the child from RIDICULE. You people are so selfish. This poor boy will be insulted by his peers because his parents punani stories are in the papers. When he goes for a job interview, all people will be thinking about is whether his mother was runz and whether his father was a beater. When they google his name to check out his professional credentials, all they will see is shit from Ubi daddy. JUst get off social media and be unselfish for once.

• Soooo

January 1, 2017 at 8:31 am

This guy should just stop, it’s funny how he’s always the one writing things and making people know what’s happening in their home. Minus removing his last name and his pics which she just did recently, Lilian hasn’t said a word!!!
      Whatever their problem is we don’t need to know. Ubi just quietly fix your family

• TO MEN, WORLDWIDE!

January 15, 2017 at 8:59 pm

MEN NO LONGER KNOW HOW TO MEN*** Quite a lot of them have refused to TRULY GROW UP and become RESPONSIBLE***
      A lot of them don’t know how to be DECENT FATHERS’/ HUSBANDS’…yet they want to receive the same REVERNCE as the men of old who did EVRYTHING for their families!

2. Ada

December 31, 2016 at 11:06 am

Drama Queen???

• Sean

December 31, 2016 at 1:27 pm

This guy like attention pass Bobriskky and Toke Makinwa combined

3. Ej

December 31, 2016 at 11:10 am

Enough already, why do need social media validation, since I haven’t said anything, why do u have to say something to a child who clearly can’t go instagram to read this after ur wife deleted ur pictures am tired abeg, and this better not enter 2017 with us o

4. okok

December 31, 2016 at 11:11 am

I heard he’s a smart label exec. but apparently not as smart when it comes to his private life and his family’s privacy #StopExposing

5. Ify

December 31, 2016 at 11:11 am

I feel for Jayden. Immature dad, unserious mum. What a life.

6. Cookie

December 31, 2016 at 11:14 am

Damn it, this guy just robs me off the wrong way.. Must u live the issues of your marriage on social media,must every thought be expressed expressly on Instagram/twitter.
    Dude calm [email protected] the end of the day,many don’t care. Be a man,discretion is key,common sense is needed. Stay away from plastering,cementing,posting,writing,all your life/marriage struggles on SM.. Grow up.
    Go for counseling if need be,go on your knees,work it out and sort things out without the interference of the whole world… And if the marriage is over,then move on and keep quiet..
    The vuvuzela for 2017 should be used to promote your artist and label and your restaurant,keep you family off SM…

• Olu

December 31, 2016 at 12:46 pm

God bless you.

7. bee

December 31, 2016 at 11:15 am

Hmmm….I can picture Ubi crying, with catarrh dripping as he wrote dis. Jeez!! Enough joor…i know your type, you are the type that beats a lady and starts crying and apologising afterwards. Too too emotional!!!

• See

December 31, 2016 at 1:28 pm

Exactly how wifebeaters behave. They will do anything to get you back and be sorry and profess undying love bla bla bla. All will be well when you return… Until you find yourself under the sole of their boot again.

8. Smackdown

December 31, 2016 at 11:16 am

UBI: Thou doth protest too much my nigga. No one gives a *%#+•ck

9. Nne

December 31, 2016 at 11:23 am

Damn it! Baby Ubi is here again. I just don’t know how Lilian coped with this big baby for nearly a year.
    Oga pls just stop addressing life issues on social media, pls stop .. You keep drawing unnecessary attention to yourself and those people you think are sympathising with you are actually siping soda while chewing popcorn and enjoying your gist. Just look at how Lilian has handled the whole thing (despite everyone pointing fingers at her) quietly and maturely.
    It’s 2017 already, dear Ubi pls grow up. Happy new year everyone.

10. Oliviette

December 31, 2016 at 11:31 am

Have you noticed that Ubi has worked very hard to make Lillian look bad? I commend Lillian for her maturity in this matter. Ubi is a slimy, manipulative, entitled brat. I’d dump him too. Though Lily, I can’t say I feel sorry for you. You saw what he did to Emma Nyra and instead of running as far away as you can, you and your cronies (Freda and co) laughed at her and you thought you had “won.” Looks like your “trophy” wasn’t worth it after all.

11. hadiza

December 31, 2016 at 11:33 am

How pathetic can this one be?? enough of your shenanigans!! woman beater. Abusive beast. You are a sick man. U think u can hit Lili and expect her to forgive u like nothing happened?? not all women are foolish like ur mother who tolerated your Father’s abuse. u are sick. I hope she files for divorce soon

12. RichyGame

December 31, 2016 at 11:38 am

I must admit, I didn’t give Ubi a fighting chance in the like/dislike domain perhaps due to the first impression I got of him which was through comments section of a blog when MMMG was starting out. I based my not digging him on that and other negative read ups… my bad and may God forgive me.

However, I feel his pain and identify with him. He needn’t post all his thoughts on SM but it is a way of calling out to people to please help his situation and get his love back to his side and let the fam be one again… he is writhing in emotional turmoil

I wish I could help… I wish I had your number to call you… I can’t imagine being in your shoes right now… Imagine, estranged with my wife and my kids away from me… Thank God for my good marriage and I pray a turn around for you bro irrespective of how impossible it seems.

• Xoo

December 31, 2016 at 12:17 pm

I gave you 5 likes.

Only in this part of the world people get disgusted when others share their feelings.
      Pls guys get hurt too. Allow him to express himself. Let him feel and say he’s sorry.

I pray for reconciliation and restoration for his family. Pls Lily don’t throw this away. Its the easiest thing to do. I pray for you both, that you both have the power to forgive yourselves. That God mends and heals both your hearts without scars. And grants you wisdom and patience to go through this storm in spiritual strength. We bind that spirit of division, declaring that what God has joined together nothing should separate in Jesus name! May God’s peace fill your home. And when the storm has settled you both will be thankful that you didn’t give up on your selves.

• Ijebujesha

December 31, 2016 at 3:24 pm

@xoo I have lived in many parts of the world,by God’s grace and there is no part of the world where it is sensible and wise to put one’s private matters out there. It is foolishness and immaturity in all parts of the world.

13. Tgirl

December 31, 2016 at 11:46 am

Thank you for making sense. He hasn’t given up chai!

14. Ekpo

December 31, 2016 at 11:51 am

Ubi this is from a guy2guy side….. keep your actions and write up in private. Stop living for social media validation. Even if the marriage done end,stop crying on social media. Take a trip or something. Dude!

15. Myy

December 31, 2016 at 12:07 pm

This man needs help,get off sm,pls this the last day of the year,go for Deliverance you need it , Enough already please

16. 2017

December 31, 2016 at 12:11 pm

It seems like dating or marrying a celebrity is now a joke!! it seems like most (not all) celebrities are so stupidly unserious and childish especially in issues like this. like there have been many cases to prove my point.
    I think 2017, we ladies should say No to dating/marrying celebrities and men who act like these unserious celebrities.

17. Chief

December 31, 2016 at 12:12 pm

Haba!! Who is this boy? My God!! Mr man,Never let a woman know you are hurt,real men must understand that once a woman has dumped you,you can’t keep begging to go back.Men must learn to let woman go who do not want to be in their lives.Men must dictate the pace in their marriage.You have to learn when to take a lost.

Stop being emotional,stop being a wimp,a mangina and a simp.this is not manly.This is not what real men do.You move on to the next one.I know any men is vulnerable to get hurt by women but it’s ok as long as you don’t show her.That’s not strength.Don’t make a woman take you back based on pity.I don’t know why men rather be in their feelings than keep it moving.Men are just too emotional and chatty nowadays.Gossiping and airing out private matter over social media,arguing with females and stooping to their emotional and irrational level.Ridiculous!!

There’s a reason why real men don’t really express feelings often.Someone has to be the logical and pragmatic thinking one most of the time,Vent your emotions to a close relative not on social media.Don’t be a cry baby.It’s not a good look for a real man.

By now,you must have learnt your mistakes and how women operate,the more you do for women,the more you don’t get”The less is more”.Women are like roller coasters,focus on your son and your business.I don’t want to sound like a hypocrite,i still have one at home but the difference is that i have gotten over any desire to please her,to depend on her for her validation.I do not deal with her out of weakness or fear of loosing her rather i deal with her from position of strength.Her opinions does not matter in my house.I dictate what happens in my house.

Men should stop simping.Men please don’t ever try to buy a woman’s heart cause you can’t,she gives it away freely to who she chooses.Men should stop being Beta males,these women don’t like feminine and weak men.Stop being Mr nice man to women.Take care of your woman but don’t be a wussy man.Shame to any woman who is misleading and using men they know they are not interested in,running the game on them and fulfilling their wedding fantasy.

• TeeS

December 31, 2016 at 12:21 pm

In your mind now you’ve made sense ?

• Not important

December 31, 2016 at 1:10 pm

Do you actually took your time to write this rubbish….. sad you think you are more than you are…at the end of everything, we will all leave here both man and woman to meet our creator… I hope you tell God the same rubbish you just voiced out here

• Bey

December 31, 2016 at 2:06 pm

I actually feel sorry for him.
      “He without sin, let him cast the first stone”
      I don’t know what went wrong btw him and Lilian but this guy needs help. He needs counciling, who are his friends? Who is his pastor ? Think he attends House on d Rock, that shld be Pastor Paul Adefarasin.
      I hope this guy doesn’t hurt himself one day. Seems he also has low self esteem.
      If he abused Lilian that is too bad. He needs to be away from anything called marriage and get some help first. Anger management, therapy etc.
      Can we just stop bashing him, do u know that can push him more over d edge.
      He needs to give Lilian space and heal first, all dese things will push her even further. Next thing she won’t even allow you visit ur son. All dis ur behaviour is getting worrisome.

• Bey

December 31, 2016 at 2:16 pm

??????
      Clap for yourself. I pity ur wife.

• the real ibinabo

December 31, 2016 at 2:52 pm

So this one too has a wife, Oluwa o!

• I_I

December 31, 2016 at 10:05 pm

You have said it all Boss

• Mz_Danielz

January 1, 2017 at 5:27 am

Dear Chief, I ask this out of concern, who hurt you this deeply?

From your write up, I can’t even muster courage to be offended at this. You really sound hurt.

Marriage is one institution we can be vulnerable with our spouse and not be afraid of loosing our sense of worth. In fact that’s one of the key benefits of a good marriage.

If you aren’t getting that from your marriage. You and your wife need to work on it.

18. hadiza

December 31, 2016 at 12:41 pm

BN, where is my comment??

• Mr. Egghead

December 31, 2016 at 3:50 pm

In the bin; it’s rightful resting place.

19. Ladythy

December 31, 2016 at 12:44 pm

He needed our attention, he has gotten it. Oya ubi clap for yourself ??

20. judith

December 31, 2016 at 12:56 pm

I truly feel u pain n I pray ur family is restored back. Lilian Pls give ur man Anoda chance common gal no marriage is perfect, he is hurting so bad. I’m sure he has learnt from the mistake. Ur my jay z n Beyonce common guys, u can make it work. Ur lil man is so cute. I pray go give u dat which u so desire. May 2017x b better for u.

21. judith

December 31, 2016 at 12:57 pm

I pray GOD gives u dat which u so desire…

22. Titi

December 31, 2016 at 1:16 pm

I pray God heals their home. Amen.

23. Engoz

December 31, 2016 at 1:20 pm

These two have to be the razzest couple on earth. They were never cute. Just razzz. I wish there was a law to criminalize these two dysfunctional people for bringing a child into such environment. They should never have been allowed to breed.

• Bey

December 31, 2016 at 2:12 pm

You are God ba ?
      How wld u feel if someone told u you don’t have a rite to reproduce.
      Did they kill anyone ???

• Nene

January 1, 2017 at 2:03 am

I agree

24. Moniker

December 31, 2016 at 1:24 pm

Ubi… Get the fvck out of social media. Your solution doesn’t lie here. You didn’t meet her here. Don’t beg her here. Be a man and do what you have to.

25. Letty

December 31, 2016 at 1:31 pm

What exactly did he do to lilian does anyone know? Did he hit her bcos they say he has violent tendencies….it is obvious lilian esoro does not love him. Hes probably not her type. Women if u have ears listen. S t op being hard headed and romanticising the idea of marriage and the wedding instead of the actual marriage. Women spend hours planning a big society wedding and when all the chandeliers, ballons fireworks cameras are put away they realise they married someone elses husband or a man they never loved one iota.

I know a lady who was so desperate to get married that she dated this guy for so long and begged him to marry her the guy would even openly admire her friends and she wouldnt mind him indulging in escapades with them just to keep him.happy…fast forawrd as soon as she married the nincompoop she detested this man with a perfect dislike. He would kiss her and she woukd spit and cry. And suffice it to say they went their separate ways in a matter of months. She saw the glaring difference between the idea of marriage and the actual marriage, process….Nigerians are losing their mind with this social media nonsense. Why do we abuse everything we come in contact with why? Peoples daily existence are lived out for the world to see and dissect. Sheer stupidity and neediness..from deep seated issues

• Nene

January 1, 2017 at 2:05 am

Nigerians do everything in excess.

26. Cocolette

December 31, 2016 at 2:15 pm

Ubi you need a very long social media hiatus!!! How the hell can a man be this lousy?!?! Lilian’s silence is deafening yet it’s one day, one dirty linen out for you…tufiakwa gi!

27. EE

December 31, 2016 at 2:20 pm

Has anybody here read Rudyard Kipling’s “If”, letters to sons young enough to read them predate social media. Maybe Ubi’s motives are innocent.

28. Temi

December 31, 2016 at 4:01 pm

I’m not married to Ubi ans I feel like I should divorce him too. This dude talks to much. Men who are overly expressive are very difficult to live with. I’m saying this from experience. Any man that can out talk a woman is divorce material

• Florence

December 31, 2016 at 8:34 pm

Gbam!! I learnt the hard way. Stay away from men who talk alot, or out talk you.

29. Temi

December 31, 2016 at 4:02 pm

I’m not married to Ubi ans I feel like I should divorce him too. This dude talks to much. Men who are overly expressive are very difficult to live with. I’m saying this from experience. Any man that can out talk a woman is domestic, emotional abuse and divorce material

30. Ayodele

December 31, 2016 at 4:06 pm

ubi is definitely a drama queen, so immature. Please give it a rest

31. Juspassingby

December 31, 2016 at 4:11 pm

@EE, you edumacated types baffle me Whalahi! It’s all about context. Was Rudyard Kipling going through a nasty public divorce, in addition being surrounded by lots of negative rumors about alleged abusive tendencies? Of course this comes of as attention seeking, validation seeking and disingenuous. If this exact letter- word for word, was written by say RMD or some stable individual without drama, we’d all be applauding. If Ubi’s son reads this letter when he grows up, he might be offended that his dad did not respect him enough and tried using him as a pawn in his unconscious/ subconscious (giving Ubi the benefit of doubt here) manipulative drama.

• Cocolette

December 31, 2016 at 5:38 pm

Exactly! Feels like he’s trying to use his son as a pawn…so selfish…he’s actually showing the traits of an abuser. Ubi please let one week pass without us reading anything from you on Instagram and Bellanaija, please.

32. BijouxthisBijouxthat

December 31, 2016 at 4:54 pm

This guy is just manipulative calculated and over bearing! He’s a DRAMA QUEEN indeed..
    Which man is this? Ah….. He’s trying to suffocate Lillian with all these sm things for people to have pity on him so they pressure her to go back :FOGGERIT dude.. Hope she never comes back

33. Idomagirl

December 31, 2016 at 5:18 pm

You people are not nice. ??????

34. Felinda

December 31, 2016 at 6:15 pm

Lillian sorry for judging you. I’d blow my brains out with a gun married to this man.

He’s excruciatingly annoying. Aaaaarrrggggggggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhbhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhbb ????????????????

You shall not die Lilian. Everyone makes mistake, ubi is a huge mistake. Everyone reading this and the many post by ubi in past 4 months, pause for a minute and put yourself in Lilian shoes, how would you feel married to someone so emotional like this man. Just be honest, how would you feel? Living under one roof with this man. I’ll go mad I swear

Ubi you need help. Psychological help

35. Somto

December 31, 2016 at 6:16 pm

So Bella you are censoring my comment on the matter. You better recognize this 2017. If people want to air their dirty linens on the blogs why would you chosse to censor my comments when you clearly are guilty of aiding and abetting their crimes by giving them a platform to do so. Abeg stop this behavior ooo

36. Nene

January 1, 2017 at 2:07 am

Ppl need to stop doing things for other ppl. Lilian was warned and she knew in her heart this man was not for her, why go ahead with the wedding? What point was she trying to prove? Ubi is a troubled soul, and the last thing he needs is a wife. He needs counseling, as he obviously has issues he has to deal with.

37. C

January 1, 2017 at 11:11 am

Dang so he really was hitting Emma Nyra then he couldn’t have just started with wife. Menh I hate him a lot now and I don’t even know him but I hate him I didn’t even think that was possible for me. Why are guys so emotional nowadays like more violent outbursts.

38. nnenne

January 1, 2017 at 12:31 pm

Ubi and Lillian are very much together. Those who want them apart have refused to acknowledge otherwise.
    This all started from the release of their pre- wedding photo shoot.
    I believe this is the reason Lillian try to distance her married image from her career and am with her 100%.
    This new year , may we all have it in our hearts to love our neighbors and wish them well in all that they do!

39. daniel

January 1, 2017 at 2:01 pm

Ubi if you really love lilian wait for her, you are not the only man passing though this so many feel your pain. No one is above mistake, you made an error let it go and forgive yourself. She has a kid with you so believe me she thinks about as well and is talking to people also looking for how to take a decision on your marriage. If you have no intention of remarrying brother groove as many babes as you can. But in the end you and only you will know when to let it go and move on. Whatever the outcome you will be fine. One love