Scoop

Tina Knowles is going on a Social Media Break after Accidentally “Liking” a Negative Post about Jennifer Hudson

BellaNaija.com

Tina Knowles has announced that she will be taking a break from social media after she accidentally liked a negative post about Jennifer Hudson earlier in the week. Tina caused a little bit of controversy on Instagram this week after she accidentally pressed the “like” button on a comment that said something mean about Jennifer‘s voice.

Talking about why she is leaving Instagram, she says her children “always say that I am not that great on social media I have to be very careful”.

See her post below.

“I am writing this commentary for Jennifer Hudson and not for the evil mean people that are making this into a social media ugly thing. I’ve known Jennifer Hudson for many years and have totally been in admiration of her talent and beauty and kindness I would never ever say anything negative about her or agree with anything negative. My children worried that I might accidentally touch something when looking at other sites and have warned me about it. They always say that I am not that great on social media I have to be very careful. And somehow maybe I touched a button but the truth is I was on my Instagram and someone commented on Beyoncé (positive) by the way , and I went to look at their site and saw some good videos and performances of Beyoncé I came across the video of her and Jennifer (which I totally enjoyed) and I was looking at them I didn’t even look at the comments or what people were saying till just now. and I absolutely would not have touched a like or dislike on one of these sites. I think if you look through my Instagram you’ll see that I am not a hater and I am not negative about people so to Jennifer for my mistake of accidentally touching it which I don’t remember doing I really apologize I totally love and Admire you❤ and I’d have to be pretty stupid to do that knowing it would be everywhere, but I will be taking a break from social media as this is the bad side of it. There are people who make their living off of negativity.”

Photo Credit: Getty Images/Jerritt Clark

1. lij

December 29, 2016 at 8:11 pm

It would have been nice to see the video she claimed she accidentally liked bella

• Tilta

December 29, 2016 at 10:09 pm

Is that even necessary?.From her apology,obviously it was a an error that could happen to anyone.

• Correction

December 29, 2016 at 10:59 pm

@tilta let the person decide for themselves. Some people are thorough like that. What happened in point A? How did we arrived in point B kind of thing

2. BlueEyed

December 29, 2016 at 8:50 pm

Such a class act

3. DeVanté

December 29, 2016 at 9:19 pm

Mistakes will always happen. People need to grow up and stop the beef mentality.

4. honey molasses

December 30, 2016 at 8:07 am

the part where she said her children warned her to be careful on social media made me laugh. kind of reminds me of my mum who is insisting on getting a high tech phone dis New Year we jokingly told her to stick to the basic tecno phone for where! she said she’s jealous whenever me and my sisters are chatting through whatsapp and so wants to be included ? so after the celebration am off to get mammy a new phone!? you mum!

• Uju

December 30, 2016 at 9:25 pm

This evening my 89 year old grandma called me and said she wants to start whatsapping that I should put her through !!! My Aunty (her daughter) felt it was a bad idea because she hasn’t yet mastered touch screen and keeps calling people by accident ??? but how can I say no to this queen of my heart ! So I jejely put data on her phone and installed it for her. ???