Relationships

“The father of my child is not my husband” Actress Amanda Ebeye calls Ex a “shameless liar” and wishes Nigerians would Stop Being Hypocrites

BellaNaija.com

Clinic Matters actress Amanda Ebeye had her son in Canada in November 2016, to the surprise of many of her fans, as she had kept her relationship private.

In an interview with Saturday Beats, she opened up about why she didn’t marry her son’s father and shared her hopes that Nigerians will remove the stigma of single parenthood.

Why she didn’t marry her son’s father –

“I did not marry the father of my child because he is not my husband and he is not meant to be. I could have been in the most useless relationship right now if I wanted but I told myself instead of giving my son this shameless pretender and liar of a man as a father, I would take care of him and he will be fine. I tell you that since I took that stance, I’ve not looked back for one day and God keeps giving me the strength to move on. If it is God’s, one day a good man will come and you’ll be invited to my wedding but for now, I’m single and all that matters to me is my son,”

On backlash from Nigerians –

“I didn’t feel bad because we are all entitled to our opinions. Most people don’t know what other people go through but they are fast to bury them. We all hide behind our beautiful make-up and clothes that people forget that we all cry sometimes. And the most painful part is that it is mostly women that do these criticisms. Some are even going through worse situations but they come on social media, wearing make-up and fine clothes and start commenting but when they go home, their husbands would slap them for not cooking their food early, and they receive it with smiles, walk away and say I’m fighting for my man. Hypocrites!”

On being a single mother –

“Being a mother is the best feeling in the world and it’s unexplainable. If you’re a woman and you haven’t experienced it, you have to look forward to it and pray it happens. I remember when I used to hear our mothers say a woman is not complete without childbirth. I never believed them but sincerely now I do. I’m glad I’ve had this chance to go through this experience and feeling. I would not trade it for a billion dollars.

“It’s been amazing. People think it’s very hard and difficult but I’ll tell you this today and I’ll use this medium to speak to women going through bad relationships. You can do it alone, do not let some man think he’s your Alpha and Omega. That’s for the Lord.

Her advice for Wives –

“Honour your husband. Be diligent as a wife. Do your job as a wife. Be his mother, cook his meals and cater to your family. Have a job so you can support your family too. He pays the fees, you can choose to pay for a vacation for the family to France. Do all you can as a good wife and a virtuous woman but if you do all that and he disrespects you, cheats on you and gives you bull please know you stand right with God and don’t be scared to walk out the door with your kids,” she said.

Photo Credit: Instagram.com/AmandaEbeye

1. Nne

January 21, 2017 at 6:41 pm

This lady is just craving unnecessary attention and talking too much. From denying she wasn’t pregnant to lashing out at those who called her a single mum when she gave birth and now she’s saying being a single mother is the best feeling in the world, seriously babe plz just go and stay one place.

• wale

January 22, 2017 at 1:22 am

Why is bellnaija interested in promoting this olosho like culture and attitude?

2. Papermoon

January 21, 2017 at 6:44 pm

You now believe a woman is not complete without child birth? Probably you are not complete without child birth but some are complete without child birth and they are happy. Learn to respect that and stop creating standards for other women.

• honey omo lekki

January 21, 2017 at 8:36 pm

Thanks my sister. So what should those that cant have kids do? People need to be sensitive with their comments. Because you have a child now, everybody that dont have are not complete.

• Papermoon

January 22, 2017 at 8:35 am

Absolutely ignorant and insensitive statement

• realistique

January 21, 2017 at 8:51 pm

Yeah…. Barren women …… LOL

• Nadia

January 22, 2017 at 3:52 pm

Thank you @Papermoon. I cringed at that statement.

3. Cherish

January 21, 2017 at 6:44 pm

Hmmm sorry I don’t look forward to being a single mum !!!

4. Chief

January 21, 2017 at 7:43 pm

You see the problem with these single mothers,like to wear the situation as a badge of honor.I’m tired of the rudeness and bad attitude of single mothers.Being a single mother is nothing to be proud of.Most of them made shitty choices in men.Single motherhood are irresponsible whores that try to use a child to trap men into fatherhood or marriage.

Keep your mouth shut,you made a choice to copulate with a useless man as you said.I have no pity for you.Thumbs up to your stupidity.The real issues with single mothers are lack of responsibility and the attitudes that fathers are disposable.To hell with that bullshit that single mothers are strong and independent women,Single mothers should not be praised.They should be shunned for their sexual deviancy in breeding with unsuitable men.Single mothers raising bad kids without a male figure is nothing new.Women can’t raise a boy to be a man.They have no reference to it… period.

• Boy Bye

January 21, 2017 at 8:16 pm

“Single motherhood are irresponsible whores that try to use a child to trap men into fatherhood or marriage.”
      You made very little sense with this post! So it takes only one person to create a child? I suggest you go back to secondary school and take a biology class to learn how reproduction works.
      If a man doesn’t want a child with a woman, why wouldn’t he use protection? Responsibility falls on both parties! (Even with precautions, the inevitable happens sometimes)
      Women can be irresponsible, Men can be irresponsible simple (let me not get started with absentee/deadbeat fathers and husbands).
      Your post is sexist. Boy Bye.

• Emma

January 21, 2017 at 8:20 pm

Once I see this person’s name I know they’re going to spew the most sexist, misogynistic bullshit on the planet.

• nene

January 21, 2017 at 8:33 pm

gbam.

• Sisi

January 21, 2017 at 11:34 pm

Does what you wrote make sense to you? What a shame. Empty brain spewing rubbish

5. siaka young

January 21, 2017 at 7:51 pm

its a sin to even sleep with a man out of wedlock, so may god forgive her, but I can see the rantings of a disappointed lady here but your baby will question your morality

6. hadiza

January 21, 2017 at 8:01 pm

It’s good u didn’t marry that shameless ex of yours. Men are useless. They have no worth, I pity those foolish women putting up with them.

• diva

January 21, 2017 at 8:47 pm

But she didn’t know he was shameless, useless, liar and a pretender while she was spreading her legs abi???

• Rubby

January 21, 2017 at 9:05 pm

Ohh Hadia…..who did this to you….

• Prince Charming

January 22, 2017 at 6:50 am

Hadiza, you are damn annoying, but the reason I don’t attack you is because, unlike That bitchy Nigerian, you only criticize men, not other people’s comment.

7. Paul Adeyemo

January 21, 2017 at 8:25 pm

Another frustrated Nigerian feminist Olosho. Ashewo girl that was dating married now forming saint. Idiot

8. nene

January 21, 2017 at 8:34 pm

isn’t she an actress? what’s new? there are many like her in her industry.

9. Adura Gbemi

January 21, 2017 at 9:06 pm

Lwkmd. . . .Pathetic

10. Cocoa

January 21, 2017 at 10:33 pm

I would much prefer we did not insult her rather use this opportunity to advice those that on route to being in a tight situation.

Every commandment of God has its purpose, its not just a law for God to feel like a Ruler. It is strictly for OUR BENEFIT.
    Sex and children within the security of a GODLY marriage will ALWAYS be the best FOR YOU. Anything else is patch work and will come with bitter consequences. THIS IS JUST A FACT.

Saying you do not want your child to have a useless father AFTER you have created a child with this man is pointless.. Energy s better focused at praying for the transformation of his heart because NOTHING can change the fact that your child is half of that man. It is never a good idea to publicly insult a man you have to be connected to FOR LIFE. Simply saying “he didn’t meet my expectations” will always trump “he is useless and shameless”

Nothing can be better than a two parent household with two sensible parents. Lets stop disappointing our children with our selection process.

If you decide you will not obey God and advocate for sex IN MARRIAGE…then at the very least DO NOT sleep with a man you cant not see yourself having a child with, PLEASE.

• Rwen

January 21, 2017 at 11:59 pm

I wish I could like your comment a thousand times. God bless you.

• Butterflyz

January 22, 2017 at 9:44 am

Hmmm…..no, she cannot and should not be responsible for his ‘transformation’ as he is a grown man. And if the man is a genuinely terrible person she can decide not to involve him in her son’s life. Though I think she could have gone better by not having a baby for him

11. Sun

January 22, 2017 at 7:49 am

don’t rebrand a wrong act as good, Who told everyone couple are, it is prayer that brings out perfection in any couple who told prayers can’t change the father of your child. it is better for a child to grow up with his or her complete parents than a single parent

12. yeah

January 22, 2017 at 11:59 pm

So you put the guy on child support nah, no be so? Getting paid, eh?

13. yeah

January 23, 2017 at 12:00 am

Your kin full Toronto remain, I beegi!

14. BLESSED BEYOND MEASURE

January 23, 2017 at 6:59 pm

CALLING YOUR CHILD’S FATHER USELESS IS INDIRECTLY CALLING EVERY PRODUCT FROM THE MAN USELESS…I GUESS YOU SPEAK WITHOUT THINKING…”caveat-“(men beware)