Relationships

Entrepreneur Kese Jabari & his Beauty Queen/Musician Wife Sabina Umeh cover Mode Men Magazine’s February Issue as they dish on their 30-Year Romance

BellaNaija.com

Mode Men Magazine is out with its Feb/March 2017 Valentine edition which has Atlanta-based power couple; Kese Jabari and his former beauty Queen wife Sabina Umeh gracing the cover.

Kese talks frankly and honestly about his experiences in business, why he relocated, his 30 year romance with Sabina and much more.

He says:

“I met my wife Sabina, my dear ‘Smallie’, and mother of the Kese Jabari ‘V’ clan. My heart, blood in my veins, my right and my left hand. I met Sabina at the University of Benin. She literally ran into my arms while I was walking the corridors of her hostel. She was being pursued by one of her friends. She inadvertently ran into me. I put my arms around her to break the fall.

Indeed..break the fall…lol. I held her in my arms, looked into her eyes and ‘ding ding ding’, I had an epiphany. I knew and she knew too. I told her that very instant, that very moment in time, now frozen in the deep recesses of my mind, that she is my girl, and shall one day be my wife.

That was the beginning of our beginning. It’s been a wonderful journey…We exemplify the biblical instruction… “Whosoever findeth a wife findeth a good thing and obtaineth the favor of the Lord”. KJV Proverbs 18:22. We have indeed obtained the favored of God. Our jewels – Valentine, Vincent and Our twin girls Victoria and Vanessa.”

The edition also features great gift ideas for Valentine, a touching story on the state of IDP camps in Northern Nigeria and an amusing article on Domestic violence against men.

1. Simisola

February 9, 2017 at 2:30 am

30 years romance ki ni? Did he start dating her when she was a baby

• Wunmi

February 9, 2017 at 9:35 am

Madam,they started their romance from Uniben.

• Bleed Blue

February 9, 2017 at 1:05 pm

Hahahaha! Simisola, you’re naughty!

By the time I’m her age, my quote will be “33 years of romance” because hubby and I started dating when I was a teenager.

Simisola please don’t come and question our story oh! 🙂

• Shola

February 9, 2017 at 9:38 am

Simisola just wanted to say something. I reckon you’d have still said something negative if you had your facts right.

• skyhigh

February 9, 2017 at 4:53 pm

its actually a hidden compliment because it means Sabina looks so young and good that simi imagines that 33 years ago she was a baby

2. Fact

February 9, 2017 at 2:54 am

Simi Sola don’t post random comments about stuff you don’t know. This guy made me an outfit for a wedding that is now 26 years running and he was already dating Sabina Umeh then who was the reigning Miss Nigeria.
    They look amazing. They’ve both kept it together. God bless their union

• Anon

February 9, 2017 at 10:33 am

“Sabina Umeh then who was the reigning Miss Nigeria.”

Most Beautiful Girl in Nigeria and not Miss Nigeria..

• FashoLaslover

February 9, 2017 at 11:23 am

Yep MBGN! Not Miss Nigeria. She stepped in when the original queen was dethroned? She looks good. Kese is d one who has filled out. Who would hv thot this two will make it this far?

• Anon

February 9, 2017 at 12:20 pm

Fasholaslover – nah, that was Bianca Onoh and replaced by Regina Askia.

3. JAY

February 9, 2017 at 4:06 am

kese still look good…

4. Ewa Ali

February 9, 2017 at 5:10 am

I flew with Sabrina sometimes ago to Nigeria with her lovely Family, this pictures does not do justice to this woman, she is extremely beautiful, very fit and humble.

God bless you Mr Jabari.

5. Dash

February 9, 2017 at 8:43 am

Bellanaija, your headline is wrong. Get editors na! kai! Is she his former wife? or is she a former beauty queen?

• Hummy

February 9, 2017 at 9:11 am

@Dash >>> my thoughts exactly when I saw the heaing. Bellanaija???

6. Aibee

February 9, 2017 at 9:19 am

Wow! This, dear BNers, is a 49 year old woman! She looks really good! It’s good to know that She and Kese have been able to keep it together since their days in Uniben.

7. Wunmi

February 9, 2017 at 9:41 am

Kese was doing so well in d fashion industry in Nigeria ?? then.I remember my mum calling him kesekese baba kasakasa ?.His suits,his natives,had his signature all over it.I wish to read this mag to know why he left the scene to go and hustle in Yankee.
    Their marriage lasted this long cos they were not too much in our face.No press intrusion or social media wahala.Love them

• Adunnie

February 9, 2017 at 10:38 am

Or maybe their relationship has lasted this long because they love each other genuinely and have never given up on each other… So please don’t even start with the social media thing.

8. Mondela

February 9, 2017 at 11:13 am

wOW..where have these 2 been??? They used to constant on 9ja tabloids back den.

9. thelma

February 9, 2017 at 11:37 am

I’m so glad to see this 2 togeda. Realy love them.

10. mua

February 9, 2017 at 3:08 pm

Could barely recognize him, may be it’s because i never knew his hairline to have receded this much. He still looks fabulous though.

11. Nyc

February 9, 2017 at 9:58 pm

Wow mother of 4 looking like so hot and can beat any 25yo hands down…You see una self! all you 30 year olds in nigeria that be acting like mama and want everyone to call you Anty shuuu!
    They been together since she was 18/19 uniben days and she is 48/49 ish.