Scoop

Meek Mill made a Homeless Man do Push-ups for $20 because “We ain’t giving out no free money”

Over the weekend rapper Meek Mill took to his Instagram page to share a couple of videos via the Live feed where he had an encounter with a homeless man on the streets.

The man asked Meek Mill and his friends for money but instead of simply giving it to him, Meek Mill decided to make the man work for it by doing ten pushups.

In the clip, Meek Mill says “Give me ten pushups, and I’m going to give you $20 right now. We ain’t giving out no free money.”

The homeless man agreed to the challenge and while he was doing them, the number of pushups required was doubled.

Watch the video, which has received a lot of backlash, below.

1. Rose

February 27, 2017 at 1:33 am

That’s disgusting.

2. Disguised

February 27, 2017 at 1:45 am

Hiss!!!

3. Anna

February 27, 2017 at 1:47 am

When you have not eaten, you have no energy whatsoever and doing something as physical as “push-ups” can kill you. I said that because i know what it is not to have food in one’s stomach. If your heart is not for giving, keep your money in your pocket and don’t share it at all. Obviously, this Meek is very ignorant and wicked somebody. I hope he never gets to experience poverty. Fool!

4. EE

February 27, 2017 at 2:39 am

So Meek had him provide a service in exchange for payment??

Pardon me, but isn’t that the foundation of civilisation??? The woman that washes your toilet would be broke and homeless too, if she didn’t offer her services.

• o

February 27, 2017 at 4:07 am

Of what benefit is his push up to meek??? If truly he’s homeless and hungry, he may not have strength for push-up. Would have been better if he asked the homeless man to clean his car or something like that. But push up??

• EE

February 27, 2017 at 5:20 am

Ehh entertainment? What benefit was watching WWF to you growing up????

He paid the man! What are you people on, haba.

• www.thelmathinks.com

February 27, 2017 at 1:57 pm

For someone who thinks he’s smart, this is an extremely stupid comment. What purpose (value) did the push ups serve Meek? It would have made more sense if Meek said polish my shoes or wash my car, but this right here is plain wicked, especially for someone who’s homeless and most likely hungry.

• californiabawlar

February 27, 2017 at 2:41 pm

“…for someone who thinks he’s smart…”

That’s the problem right there….you think you’re smart and then start spitting some contrarian bullshit. Now you’re even more dumb than you started out.

• EE

February 28, 2017 at 12:29 am

But I don’t think I’m smart, I always broadcast my being average to be honest.

Like I’ve been saying, entertainment. His car didn’t need washing, his shoes were polished, but he really really! wanted to see a man do pushups and was willing to pay for it. Somebody accepted, did the deed and got paid?? Since when are being paid for pushups illegal?? The irony, dude has probably chowed and moved on to the next set of pushups. Y’all are here encouraging him not to accept money for good honest work.

But? But? he can give him money for free, what about the next homeless person, and the next, on to infinity?? Surely you see the problem.

@Get some I reject the premise, I’m an imperativist. Being paid for an honest service is good. I rue the day for society when that becomes bad. Meek didn’t hold a gun to the man’s head, dude got N7000! for 3! 3!!! pushups. How rich are you people that you consider it bad????

@Eagleeye “She is contracted to wash toilet ode.” and he was contracted to do pushups, assuming you know the definition of a contract. To recap, toilet washers earn N18,000 a MONTH. Dude got N7,000 in one day, for 3 seconds worth of labour and Meek’s the bad guy. Una WICKED!!!

• EE

February 28, 2017 at 12:31 am

Apologies, replace 3 with 20. Don’t know why 3’s been stuck on my head this morning.

• Get some

February 27, 2017 at 3:02 pm

EE stop applying to much logic to this situation and think emotionally (emotional intelligence).

• Eagleeye

February 27, 2017 at 7:57 pm

She is contracted to wash toilet ode. Because you have gone to school no one should hear word. Abeg park well and know the difference between performance of an existing obligation and basic respect for humanity and civility. This is just plain wrong

5. Emma

February 27, 2017 at 2:55 am

I knew there was something I didn’t like about this ashy fool. Every single Meek Mill fan I’ve come across has turned out to be a shitty person. his actions just proved he’s also a shitty person

6. o

February 27, 2017 at 4:10 am

He still had the guts to post on IG. Some ppl eh. I don’t support begging, but if you wanna give, give n move on. If not, face your lane. They’re using the man to catch trips.

7. Wendy

February 27, 2017 at 4:11 am

Question; Meek Molly, every time you look in the mirror whst do you see? That’s right, not much! Nikki leaving you must have been oh so very painful. Now bend your knees and learn to get humble.

A fool and his money shall soon depart. That’s in the bible, fool. And yes, I’m Black!

• EE

February 27, 2017 at 5:21 am

“And yes, I’m Black!”

We’re shocked, shocked I tell you. Black people are such a novelty here.

• Ify

February 27, 2017 at 7:23 am

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

8. ec

February 27, 2017 at 9:16 am

giving black americans a bad name. this is a pure example of when mumu niggas make small money. if this was reversed in terms of colour this would be huge news.

9. A Real Nigerian

February 27, 2017 at 10:47 am

“giving black americans a bad name.”

Did they have a good name before?

• Eagleeye

February 27, 2017 at 7:58 pm

Very valid point tho….If the begger was black, would the same logic not apply?

10. Akpeno

February 27, 2017 at 7:29 pm

Meek’s character is as Ugly as his physical appearance…. spiritual poverty is worrying this Ode!

11. gideon

February 28, 2017 at 10:44 am

Hmm. .. Street wl teach u lessons u won’t get in classes. In life, nobody owes thee shit.. u work for it. I simply hope u man gets inspired by his msg

12. OA

March 10, 2017 at 7:19 pm

In law, it’s called :consideration” and Meek or whatever his name is, is perfectly within his legal rights to demand pushups for $20.00. Consideration must be of value (at least to the parties), and is exchanged for the performance or promise of performance by the other party (such performance itself is consideration – fulled from law.com). In fact, I suggest you get into the habit of giving something of value when someone gives you something even if it’s as little as $1 or 500 naira. That way, you can categorically say it was not free if that person tries to renege.