BN TV

Are African Americans Racists? Watch SincerlyOghosa’s New Vlog about Racism on BN TV

BN TV

Lifestyle vlogger SincerelyOghosa in her latest vlog is talking about African Americans being racist. She talks about how they criticize British artists and actors because they think they didn’t have to deal with racism and whole lot more

She says:

Drake’s album ‘More Life’ featured two UK music artists- Skepta and Giggs. ?This was criticised by many african american Drake fans. Also, Samuel L Jackson’s recent criticism of british actor Daniel Kaluuya, is another reason why I’ve filmed this.

African American’s have a history that is both inspiring and beautiful but also horrific, having to face a racist society. However, I feel that many (not all) African Americans are ignorant of the culture of blacks all over the diaspora, and so I made this video as a form of enlightenment.

Watch!

1. josdaily

March 25, 2017 at 12:08 am

Yep, a lot of them are and they have anger issues against others particularly africans

• Racism is not the same as prejudice

March 25, 2017 at 6:46 am

The anger issues is from so many areas in their lives. Not to justify anything but the racism, prejudice from Black Americans towards Africans is more of ignorance and stupidity.
      White people’s racism is very internal and subtle. They will smile, laugh, even date/marry you and still see you lower, inferior than them. It comes out more when you are at the top level and they feel threatened a bit. They are okay to smile at the African with the cute accent. They won’t laugh at you in your face because they are taught it’s rude and being open to the world is the way to be a good person. But it’s okay to laugh, talk bad behind as long as you don’t get caught. But when it comes to deep things, their views on equality, race will be quite shocking.

Samuel L Jackson has a point too. The truth is, only African Americans has truly experience the direct effect of racism in such an intense way.
      However, black people just love to be divided.

2. fleur

March 25, 2017 at 12:16 am

Everyone is prejudiced. Prejudice is multidimensional. Not always about race. Could be about shades within a race, ethnicity, appearance (stocky vs lean), height, lip shape and size, etc. It is what you do with your prejudice that matters – do you make decisions about offering and sharing opportunity based on your prejudice?

3. Andrea

March 25, 2017 at 12:38 am

Hit the nail on the head girl. Love how you bring your receipts to the table LMAO. leaving uk to the Americas gosh I was shocked at the prejudice/ ignorance from black kids in high school. I got my name made fun off, bullied asked to go home to Africa. The black American teacher just turned a blind eye to it as if I deserved it . I could never understand why they hated me so much. But the day I stood up for myself I can remember telling this savage what my name meant, and that it was an original African name not some hand me down from a white slave owner. LMAO I was excluded from school but when I got back the bulling just stop. Surprising enough I made loads of friends from the pale faces LMAO.

• gia

March 25, 2017 at 4:48 pm

The bully asked for it!And shame on the teacher!

4. Justreplying

March 25, 2017 at 2:00 am

Some of them can be quite Racist, but I have also met some wonderful ones.

5. Cher

March 25, 2017 at 2:37 am

I’m African American ( my mom) & my dad is Nigerian and we are all both prejudiced and racist in our own way subconsciously and consciously .

This silly babe should check herself .

• Passingby

March 25, 2017 at 7:50 am

@cher Check, check, check yourself. You are Nigerian American ok. I can understand why African Americans with a history of slavery reference Africa as a point of origin but when you can pinpoint your origins on the African continent down to a country then you should be proud to proclaim it. Some African Americans are their own worst enemies they spew the most ignorant trash about Africans and though they reference The African continent they are sooooo ignorant about Africa. Relying on the west portrayal of Africa. Not even taking the time to do a little background search of their origins that’s just Sad. I’m not surprised by Samuel Jacksons comments, jayz has dissed Africans in his music to. Even during award shows ( BET) they give Africans their awards before the main show through the back door as if they ashame to be associated with us Please!!!!!. At least in Britian we got the MOBO Awards that really support and respect artist from across the African continent. I am proud of my heritage. People walking around calling themselves African American and they don’t no JACK about the continent spewing the most ignorant trash on a belly full of pig knuckles and greasy cheap food, mtchewwwwwww please. I don’t understand why those of them that are ashamed to associate with Africans don’t just drop drop the African from their identity and be known as BLACK AMERICANS.

• Pat

March 25, 2017 at 12:57 pm

Are u for real!!!! LOL. U really think u are African American with both of your parents as Nigerians? LOL

6. The Bull

March 25, 2017 at 6:28 am

why do they say black culture, like they are the only blacks in the world? lol

• Wana

March 25, 2017 at 10:18 am

Best comment ever!

• Idomagirl

March 25, 2017 at 5:15 pm

That’s what I don’t get.

7. E-O

March 25, 2017 at 6:30 am

The soundtrack to this Vlog should be Somi’s Black Enough. I keep saying it, most African Americans are prejudiced towards blacks from other region.

8. nene

March 25, 2017 at 9:41 am

everyone is prejudiced. nothing new. in nigeria, it happens, and in other parts of the world.