Scoop

“Please give them their space” – Actress and Purple Campaign Founder Ify Okeke writes an Open Letter to Nigerians about Tonto Dikeh & her Husband

BellaNaija.com

Nollywood actress and Purple Campaign founder, Ify Okeke, has gone on social media to write an open letter to Nigerians about the ongoing drama surrounding actress and her close friend Tonto Dikeh‘s marriage.

Ify Okeke confirmed the domestic violence allegations saying she had seen photos on Tonto Dikeh’s phone previously and also knew something was up the last time she saw her.

She however urged Nigerians to give the couple space as they try to sort through their personal difficulties at this time.

She wrote:

“PLEASE GIVE THEM SPACE…
I am upset and tayad of this Drama. @tontolet you know my stand in this whole issue, that’s why am so upset with you & that isn’t gonna change but @bigchurchhaven I am more disappointed at you because I expected you to be more matured & try look for a way to make up with your WIFE as you just called her in the video. Both of you are just making others rich with your private life suddenly everyone is a blogger & has opinions. I want to address this issue because I was once battered & I lied to my friends & siblings even when my younger brother incidentally saw one I claimed I was at fault, I was depressed, I grew this big because I was never this big. I started drinking & hated men for everything. I didn’t date for 5years before I could move on, this is part of the reason I started PURPLE CAMPAIGN. 1 Day in 2015, @tontolet me that I should come around that she was very sick. So I rushed to her house & I saw her very sick also noticed bruises I was shocked but a usual Ifeoma doesn’t ask questions that same day she showed me the Ring OLA gave her & gave me the good news of her pregnancy, I was so happy but while gisting I was checking her phone, an iPhone 6 gold. I saw pictures of her naked self with bruises and I quickly asked “Booboo, I hope he doesn’t beat you? Or what’s with this picture?” Tonto replied “NOOOOO, I fell down the stairs because I was alone at home & very sick.” I didn’t believe her but I told her, please don’t take whatever you won’t take later now. I left home with the joy of her engagement & pregnancy. Now my point, OLA have you beaten TONTO before YES bcos she confirmed it,Tee can be called all sort of names but she’s a wonderful girl. Who I saw did a lot things to make you Happy & I remember the last time I saw you guys in Lagos, I knew something was wrong but usually she cover it. When this whole drama started I begged Tee to hold on, I was angry she choose to talk but if I can preach to other to talk & get help why will I say no to someone i see as a kid sister? I really wanted things to change but with the rate this is happening I have chosen to break my silent and support my own. YOU GUYS NEED HELP, PLEASE GET 1

1. Nv

March 20, 2017 at 7:34 am

Give them their space? Of course because we’re beating down their doors, threatening to off them if they don’t come online and update us on their ‘ela’. You know, everybody, leave them alone! Even if they come and give interviews after interviews, DON’T WATCH OKAY! Just leave them alone, haba!!

• Oby

March 20, 2017 at 3:50 pm

Na woow for her english. Why not edith am small? Chaiio

• Ottawa Queen

March 21, 2017 at 1:32 am

As in, I am alarmed she is even a Nollywood actress!

2. funmilola

March 20, 2017 at 7:53 am

I thought I read “Nigerians should give them space”, but you still had to weigh in on the matter too?
    why didn’t you write to them personally?
    abeggi!

• Wunmi

March 20, 2017 at 8:04 am

Abi o.She was stylishly putting her nose.Ify Okeke give them space too.

• xo

March 20, 2017 at 11:31 am

like?? lol.

• Joke adegoke

March 20, 2017 at 3:01 pm

My point exactly

3. Carmen

March 20, 2017 at 7:58 am

She said give them their space…then went ahead to write an epistle about the matter. Ayam not understanding. Aunty,you should practice what you preach.

Meanwhile…It is the couple that should give us our space,they are the ones granting interviews upandan,no?

4. i must talk

March 20, 2017 at 8:14 am

@Ify, You are a ‘bunch’ of Tonto! dazzol.

5. deeva

March 20, 2017 at 8:16 am

Aunty you are the one that should give them space, just know u might stand as a witness if this issue should escalate to a legal battle in court.

6. ceee

March 20, 2017 at 8:25 am

she’s not part of the public with opinions.lol

7. keke driver

March 20, 2017 at 8:27 am

“She however urged Nigerians to give the couple space”……. They let “Nigerians” into their “space”

8. Queenb

March 20, 2017 at 8:38 am

Na wah for rubbish!
    From the looks of things this madam is trying to escalate matters….and for the records tonto is not that kind of girl that will not speak out if her husband is beating her…
    They’ve even gotten more attention than they wanted…
    I really don’t want to read about them anymore! People should give it a rest!

9. Mimiph

March 20, 2017 at 8:40 am

I think other couples facing this same issue shld get professional help..same applies to Tonto and Churchill..I pray you both get back together for the sake of King.

10. Serene

March 20, 2017 at 8:45 am

…that is how she told Nigerians more than they knew before…

11. No chaser

March 20, 2017 at 8:52 am

“Give them their space” you say, but went ahead to write an epistle. I guess everyone is trying to say relevant via whatever means necessary. No one asked Tonto or Churchill to air their dirty laundrey in public. Since they deemed it fit to grant a “tell all” interview, we the public, have every right to: dissect, judge, make jest, ridicule, support and give our 2 cents regarding their martial burohaha. Now run along unknown actress, while we await episode 3.

12. Spunky

March 20, 2017 at 9:04 am

It is our relationship too…we are in this together. Lol! After serenading and doing us long throat with their union, why we no go chuck mouth ni?!

13. Ifeyinwa Atuanya

March 20, 2017 at 11:23 am

@IfyOkeke, and you call yourself a friend

“YOU GUYS NEED HELP, PLEASE GET 1”

That statement, “bukwa nu nke gini?”

Please don’t betray your friends again, like that

It is their marriage or former marriage, it is none of your business

Just because the man “nwelu ego”

I am disappointed “biko,” I don’t even know any of you, personally

Tonto Dikeh, “biko,” choose wise friends, whether male or female

I could be wrong

14. Iloku

March 20, 2017 at 12:27 pm

They should give us space too. Ah ahn.

15. Kalinda

March 20, 2017 at 12:43 pm

Tonto is a lady with a very low esteem, ditto Toke, Tiwa and the ilks. Nobody asked you to come online and air your dirty laundry, its the internet for christsakes, you can’t use a medium where over a billion people use to settle marital scores and ask for privacy,

• A skinny DJ Khaleda

March 20, 2017 at 3:40 pm

I do not agree with you, in the sense that I think perpetrators of domestic abuse should be named and shamed. Men and women alike need to expose their abusers for who they are, to encourage other victims to speak out and break free as well. The culture of silence is slowly killing Africans. Besides, if Tonto hadn’t addressed her issues, there would’ve been tons of ‘social media marriage counselors’ begging her to ‘please go back’ in her comments when they didn’t know what Tonto was going through. Do you know how annoying that is? Hell, I’ve never even met Tonto in my damn life, but I was sooooooo pissed on her behalf! Writing nonsense epistles about marriage when they haven’t even been married before LOL. There’s just one thing that I don’t understand about Tonto’s case though; why didn’t she press charges against him for assault? I mean, she had proof and all.

16. Victor Adegoke

March 20, 2017 at 12:59 pm

Tonto Dike disregarded her private life,by bringing her issues on the Social Media continually. They violated their space and gave the public video films to watch.

17. Lala

March 20, 2017 at 1:22 pm

FYI iPhone 6 was released AFTER Tonto birth her son. Tonto got pregnant and engaged in 2015, her son was born February 2016 and iPhone 6 was released ( correct me if I’m wrong) September 2016. everybody dey lied lied lied for this matter.
    I know Tonto got issues and I pray she gets help because I’m a big fan of her and I wish her well.

18. D

March 20, 2017 at 2:32 pm

Tonto begged Ifyy to speak for her since nobody give 2 about her drama , anyone heard of this Ify lady before now ? Tonto get your acts together and go back to your husband. Stay off drugs and be a better mother . Forming born again but acting like a devil manipulating all sort ok the media , that’s why your husband said you live on social media. Ify you are a disgrace to womanhood, adding pepper to break another’s home smh

19. Joke adegoke

March 20, 2017 at 3:02 pm

Someone is seeking for attention

20. Oby

March 20, 2017 at 6:59 pm

Oh please who cares , they should be the one to give us some space OK, girl bye!!!

21. Hajiya Maikano

March 20, 2017 at 10:03 pm

Who is Ify Okeke??
    Why did yo write an open letter?
    what is the purpose of your open letter?
    Why cant you call her on phone and express whatever you think or feel to here? I’ve never understood this concept of writing open letters maybe someone can explain to me.

22. Valerie

March 21, 2017 at 12:03 am

No Ify Okeke, Tonto Dikeh and her husband (abi na ex-husband…) should give us space. No one cares about their personal/marital issues.. In fact, these bloggers and media people need to focus more on carrying inspiring stories rather than keep bombarding us with stories of Nigeria’s so called ‘celebs’ and their marital issues. GO DIVORCE OR MAKE UP OR SOMETHING, MAKE YOURSELVES PRODUCTIVE AND STOP AIRING YOUR MARITAL ISSUES ON SOCIAL MEDIA! Tonto says she doesn’t want to discredit her husband but yet she’s on social media and also holding interviews, telling us how she escaped domestic violence. #silly ….growing rate of publicized marital issues…

23. Idomagirl

March 21, 2017 at 12:23 am

This thing that some Nigerians do…
    Claiming to show concern but they’re putting your whole business out there and shading you while at it…smh.