News

“Praise singers around President Buhari are the real enemies of the government” – Emir Sanusi

Former Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) governor and incumbent Emir of Kano Muhammadu Sanusi II has said that the enemies of the government are those who have refused to speak the truth and tell the present administration when it is taking a wrong step.

He disclosed this in an Instagram post on Friday.

The Praise singers around the President @MuhammaduBuhari are the real enemies of the government who could destroy his efforts.

I feel sorry for the people in government because they are surrounded by enemies. T‎he President needed people who will tell him where he goes wrong. I‎ ‎knew power was transient, I spoke the truth during my time at the Central Bank of Nigeria, no matter the consequences. Some were afraid to speak out against evil because they were afraid of losing their jobs. All the people they were afraid of years ago, where are they today? For those who are still in power, remember that it is transient,‎ If you want to be a true Nigerian, tell the present government where they’re going wrong. A‎t the end of the day, this job, Central Bank, I’d leave it someday. I could die, or my tenure expires, or I’d be sacked. I had no control over it. But I have a control over how I live.

I wasn’t surprised about my suspension; I knew it would happen, because I had been called and asked to resign, and I said ‘no’. I was not going to make it easy for anyone. ‎My answer was simple. You asked me to resign for telling you money has been stolen. Ask the minister to resign first. Y‎ou forget that the person, either the President or the Governor, is also occupying a transient position. All the people that people were afraid of two, three years ago, where are they today? ‎Power is transient.

The only thing that is permanent is what you do for people when you were alive. If you’re a Governor or a President or a Minister, it does not matter how much you have; you will be remembered for service, not the amount of money you have that you cannot even announce.‎

1. APC FORMER FAN

March 24, 2017 at 10:55 am

Tell all them sycophants……,……….,…….,..from the SouthWest

2. olorire

March 24, 2017 at 12:12 pm

#gbam

3. John Doe

March 24, 2017 at 12:57 pm

I like this man. He seems like someone who truly mean well for Nigeria. These are the type of people we need in power.

4. Montelent

March 24, 2017 at 1:22 pm

This man really mean it… He is fearless

5. FasholasLover

March 24, 2017 at 1:26 pm

Go and sit in the gutter under the rain Sanusi. When you come out of the gutter, take a chilled glass of piss 3 X daily for one week. Now, it is the ‘praise singers’ around Buhari who are the problem. What do you hold Buhari accountable for? The buck stops at his desk. Stop making excuses for this man. Those who voted him into office, promoted him beyond his capacity. Period! That is called incompetence.

• BEAUTIFUL

March 24, 2017 at 3:04 pm

@FasholasLover you have said it all, don’t mind the stupid Sanusi and others beating about the bush not calling a spade a spade hypocrites! To them every other person is to be blamed but the main person himself the illiterate President .. as if that isn’t sycophancy in itself.

• Lacey

March 24, 2017 at 3:53 pm

First time I will agree with Fasholaslover!!! This Sanusi that stole money as CBN governor, coming here to talk trash!!! Please SLS mind your throne! You are just as corrupt as GEJ’s government and as dumb, as Bihari himself!!! Silly twat!!!

• ogeAdiro

March 24, 2017 at 4:30 pm

“Eto dike na nke o mere eme, o mekwa ozo.” Yes, Sanusi hasn’t spoken the the whole truth, but it’s difficult to deny that he has spoken well. Some applause might encourage him to speak the whole truth, someday. Let’s not forget that this is a society where people find it extremely difficult to criticize their own.

• Bia

March 24, 2017 at 9:49 pm

Then he is just as guilty. He is a sycophant.
      Sanusi is just as guilty as the rest of them. Emir of Kano is a common thief.