BN TV

“There are no musicians currently in 2017 making more money off their music” – Brymo reveals in New Interview | Watch

BN TV

Nigerian Alternative singer, Ibrahim Olawale Ashimi popularly known as Brymo recently sat down in an interview with Linda Ikeji Music to discuss his career, fallout with Chocolate City Music as well as his upcoming album.

He revealed that the choice of names for his album come from an artistic place and they are not intended to be as controversial as many think.

The former Chocolate City artiste also explained the circumstances leading to his fallout with the record label insisting that he is still friends with his old label mates. When asked if making “mainstream music” is the key to making money in the music industry, Brymo categorically stated that no musician makes as much as he does from gigs in a year.

Watch the video below:

1. isaobi

March 25, 2017 at 7:04 am

Braymo is a brilliant musician. I don’t know about his claim but what I know is that he makes money from his songs being used as soundtracks in Nigerian movies. He also regularly collects royalties for his songs being used in the Nigerian musical, Bolanle Austen Peter’s WAKA the musical. He is the musician of the elite.

2. Ej

March 25, 2017 at 7:56 am

Naaaaaa I disagree

3. Ify

March 25, 2017 at 8:55 am

The name of the last album was for publicity. It was a great album. I got it because of the name. I love Brymo. And he sounds so learned.

4. Nv

March 25, 2017 at 9:25 am

I like Brymo though I haven’t followed him much, but if he says his making money, then I’m happy for him!

5. nene

March 25, 2017 at 9:37 am

nope, speak for yourself, Brymo. Your music is not for for average Nigerians. Look at Runtown, Falz, Tekno, Davido, P Square, just to name a few

6. Shekemi

March 25, 2017 at 9:59 am

Pls I don’t understand something. Am happy to learn.

Will it be logical for BBC to air AMANPOUR or QUEST MEANS BUSINESS for example ( these latter being programs in CNN)?

Because I don’t understand why bellanaija keeps posting Linda ikeji content on here

7. Biola

March 25, 2017 at 10:34 am

I love his lyrics!! You ll think when u hear Hus music! Ariwo koni music o! Keep it on

8. ab

March 25, 2017 at 11:16 am

@shekemi I think (going by the example) you have given they can if they have acquired the rights to do so or to air them…they couldn’t just lift it and air it, Amanpour will know about it and pass the right for BBC to air it for instance I would have thought! Brymo might be right tho! Most of those artistes make more money from gigs, tours etc than just record/ album sales as far as I know ( I might be wrong but I would have thought this was d case).

9. Frenchbabe

March 25, 2017 at 8:58 pm

I love him. Totally love his songs. Deep lyrics. Glad to know hes making money.

10. Ruby

March 25, 2017 at 9:58 pm

Naming his album Klitoris was a turn off… no wonder he is complaining about album sales. If as a woman I name my album ‘Penis’ and hope men will rush to buy it am i not silly? He needs to study the market and realize Nigerians are not so ‘sexually-revolutionalized’… we are still very conservative … or hypocritical… which ever is your poison.

• Nv

March 25, 2017 at 10:10 pm

“we are still very conservative or hypocritical” Gbam! But I go with HYPOCRITICAL, the lot of them!!!

11. Obi

March 26, 2017 at 1:06 am

@Ruby
    – if you named your album ”Penis” i would definitely rush to get it. C/Klitoris sold though, one of the best albums to have come out of Nigeria..

12. Yeva

March 26, 2017 at 1:27 pm

The name Klitoris was the only reason why I didn’t, and will NEVER get the album. Marketing BLUNDER!!

13. Tosin