Scoop

Yay! #AMVCA2017 Trailblazer Award Winner Somkele Idhalama has Picked up her Brand New Car

BellaNaija.com

Actress Somkele Iyamah-Idhalama had quite the exciting year in 2016 from being in hit movies like “93 Days”, “The Wedding Party” and “The Arbitration” to being selected as the Toronto International Film Festival Rising Star for 2016.

Over the weekend, all her hard work from 2016 paid off as she was awarded the Trailblazer Award at the Africa Magic Viewers’ Choice Awards. The prestigious award comes with a new car from GAC Motors and this morning she picked up her new ride.

See the photos below.

1. Sandra

March 7, 2017 at 4:35 pm

My girl! I just love Somkele!

2. Kosi

March 7, 2017 at 4:39 pm

Is she going to drive it branded like that? Please tell me she is allowed to take it off.

• Abi

March 7, 2017 at 9:14 pm

She’s not Lala Akindoju last year’s winner has been driving hers around with the branding on it…lol

3. sweet

March 7, 2017 at 4:42 pm

Congrats Somkele, no one deserves this better than you

• FasholasLover

March 7, 2017 at 5:15 pm

I agree. I like the girl in the movies l hv seen her in so far.

• bby somky

March 7, 2017 at 10:15 pm

Especially in the wedding party where she gave Beverly Naya “a dirty backhand slap” as we used to call it back then in primary school.
      Now that part had better be a make believe too or else you already know #lipsealed

4. Fabulous

March 7, 2017 at 4:54 pm

Congratulations girl

5. Corolla

March 7, 2017 at 5:04 pm

Somkele is gorgeous!

6. Chi

March 7, 2017 at 5:26 pm

It’s something so peaceful about her . I really like her . Loved her in Gidi up. To the sky you go Somkele!!!!

7. Tandy

March 7, 2017 at 5:37 pm

how can i do my hair like hers. I really like it. Tired of the long smooth fake brazilian hair, this looks more natural and real.

I like her. She is very classy. I like all her sisters.

• ifyBEKE

March 18, 2017 at 3:42 am

@ Tandy, Thats her hair.

8. ClassyIsBest

March 7, 2017 at 5:42 pm

There are just a handful of people in Nollywood who are classy and have such grace about them- and right now Somkele is topping it, Its just something about them you cant pin point but you just know.

Then we have other graceful ones like Rita and Genevieve. Its the aura , the way they carry themselves, their behaviour on social media etc.

Maybe the razz z class actresses (as nollywood is saturated by them like 99%) always fighting on social media, posting new acquired materialistic wealth, etc can learn from them. Spend a million dollars on red carpet fashion, if you are razz you are razz,

You cant buy class off the shelf, You are either born with it or not. Stop trying too hard.

I love Somkele, Genny and Rita. Keep inspiring.

• osa

March 7, 2017 at 9:35 pm

Good comment but pls Rita and Genevieve are not exactly epitomes of class. Its not natural to them. They try to but they are not it

9. Sansarai

March 7, 2017 at 6:02 pm

Yup. Somkele is bae…she’s quickly taking Nse’s place in my heart. Fantastic actress. Loved her in the Wedding Party

10. Id

March 7, 2017 at 8:37 pm

That lady’s grammar (the representative) knocked me out of my seat that night. Congrats Somkele.

• Miss mia

March 7, 2017 at 9:01 pm

“For enjoyment of the riding of the car “?

11. Keechi

March 7, 2017 at 9:37 pm

This lady is just GORGEOUS!! Like!! I can’t even! And she’s good at what she does too!

12. Waje

March 8, 2017 at 5:24 am

She doesn’t belong in razz Nollywood. I hope some Hollywood scout finds her.

In the mean time while you wait, be extremely picky at scripts and director u choose to work with