Scoop

“Haven’t reached my goal yet…but I can see it from where I stand” – Designer Maureen Chukwujekwu shares her Weight Loss Journey

For #ThrowbackThursday today, designer and wife to top Nollywood actor Blossom, Maureen Chukwujekwu shared her inspiring weight loss transformation.

She shared a photo of herself from a while back and revealed at that point in her life, her body weight was 92kg. She also shared a photo of herself standing on her digital scale with a reading of 86.9kg.

She said:

From 92kg (don’t even ask me how I got there #Hisss) to 86.9kg.. and a bigger bum (I kill myself with squats) Haven’t reached my goal yet which is 77kg but I can see it from where I stand…

Great job Maureen!

Photo Credit: Instagram – @redvigor

1. Nito

April 6, 2017 at 12:43 pm

Well done, it is not easy to lose weight.

2. ec

April 6, 2017 at 1:03 pm

let me put down my biscuit. well done

3. nene

April 6, 2017 at 1:04 pm

she looks good! she didn’t look as heavy as 92kg before. keep it up

4. Folake

April 6, 2017 at 1:31 pm

She looks like bisola’s sister adunola in the picture on the left side

5. Cocolette

April 6, 2017 at 3:03 pm

Please do squats really work for a bigger butt or they just make your normal butt more rounded? Asking for a friend ☺️

• Lailatu

April 6, 2017 at 3:33 pm

Tell your friend that my friend says it does make your butt bigger ?

• seriously

April 6, 2017 at 4:07 pm

Squats does make your butt bigger BUT these surgically enhanced butts you see around from the kardashians to nicki minaj and several others are lying when they pretend it’s from squats. It’s fat transfer, silicone and injections.
      What squats does it, it tones up and tightens up your muscles. So, don’t expect that your butt will magically be three sizes bigger. It will be proportioned to your body size and weight.

• Cocolette

April 6, 2017 at 4:46 pm

Thank you Lailatu ? I’ll be sure to tell my friend and hopefully it encourages her to be consistent with her squats… someone cannot Goan suffer all that body ache for nothing

• Lailatu

April 6, 2017 at 5:44 pm

You are welcome darling ? I know right, lol…The things we do for beauty *sigh*

6. Fitmum

April 6, 2017 at 4:13 pm

The problem is not losing the weight but​ keeping it away…Well done dear. I hope you make it a lifestyle. A week of eating typical Naija meals and no exercise, and your months and months of hard work will seem like it never happened…
    I try not to binge eat (…eating everything I feel like I have deprived myself of) more than once every two weeks. I tried once a week and the scale kept going in the ‘wrong’ direction… Lol.
    The struggle is real but my size 10jeans keep me in check. Had​ them for 18years . Also, fitting into my 12yr olds dress when we play dress up has way of keeping me in check when I think how far I’ve come with the fight.
    Yes squats do magic, but consistency is key. First time I noticed I honestly thought I was pregnant again.
    Always makes me happy seeing a fellow sista break out of an undesired body and express the true queen inside of them.;)
    Best of luck!
    Fitmum.

7. DoroAnon

April 6, 2017 at 4:19 pm

But I can see it from where I stand, that clause got me. Whatever you want to achieve see the end from the beginning.

8. Professor X

April 6, 2017 at 4:25 pm

Whenever folks lose weight, their skin just improves and literally glows. Well done, Blossom.

9. anon

April 6, 2017 at 6:42 pm

she seems like a very positive and upbeat person, lovely.

10. Idomagirl

April 7, 2017 at 2:52 am

Well done! Losing weight (& keeping it off) takes serious work.

11. Tolu4show

April 7, 2017 at 6:03 am

How is she 86.9kg tho?? Ahan! Abi my eyes is scratching me ni? I am 77.4kg and I don’t look like her, I am chubbier. Nobody shd give me the big bone talk abeg cos me I can’t see any bone

• Nuna

April 7, 2017 at 8:32 am

People carry weight differently.