Style

Plus Size Womenswear Designer Makioba releases April 2017 Lookbook themed ‘The Body Positivity Issue’

BellaNaija Style

Easing into the month of April with a sense of feminine authenticity and a clear vision of what it means to be stylishly confident no matter your size. Makioba presents a stellar collection of stylish dresses for the modern day woman with a vehement look on body positivity.

What better way to cite the true art of being feminist than with a gorgeous ensemble of clean cut dresses that are form fitting and ooze the confidence every woman deserves.

The April collection boasts of the finest materials crafted with superb floral details, stunning lace prints and fringed details woven in the top notch craftsmanship that is synonymous with the Makioba name.

From bogus sleeves to fierce cutouts this collection has everything you need for that major wardrobe update you’ve been thinking of. Beyond the dreamy elegance of each piece, the April Collection Inspires a sense of confidence and positively affirming attitudes towards every woman’s body.

See the photos

Credits
Designer: Makioba | @MakiobaOfficial
Photography: Smiles Fotografi | @SmilesFotografi
Makeup: Damola Adeniji | @House_of_Aphrodity, Kemi | @j0rdana
Hair Stylist: Mabel
Director: Chije Carter | @MyNameLong

1. oniqer

April 16, 2017 at 9:01 pm

nice collection.

2. Temi

April 17, 2017 at 1:52 am

ALL THESE FAT WOMEN THE BIG BELEAGUERED, THE BIG BOOTY.. ALL THIS IS DUE TO FOOD.THE BEEF STEW, FUFU, RICE, ICE CREAM, HEAVY SAUCE, POURED TAMS.. FAT PEOPLE ARE DAT GECAUSE THEY EAT NON STOP… JOLOF RICE, FRIED CHICKEN ICE CREAM, SODA. I WAS A FAT PERSON. FOR MANY YEARS TWO YEARS AGO I REFUSED TO BE BIG AND STARTED MY FIGHT. I CUT OFF ON ALL THUS BAD FOOD TODAY I WEIGH FROM 180 POUNDS TO 65 POUNDS., I WALK A LOT AND DRINK WATER AT KEAST 6 BOTTLES OUR DAY. I CRAVE FOR FOOD ESPECIALLY MY POUNDER YAMS, GARI, BEEF STEW, OGBONO, , EGUSSI , CAKE, SWEETS BUT I FIGHT BACK. I REFUSE TO BE OR STAYOU FAT

• onika

April 17, 2017 at 9:59 am

• miye

April 17, 2017 at 2:44 pm

some people also put on weight due to medication

• Sugamama

April 17, 2017 at 6:26 pm

You weigh 65 pounds? I don’t think that’s a healthy weight for anyone old enough to be commenting on Bellanaija.

• Leni

April 17, 2017 at 11:28 pm

We have enough hatred in the world we live in. I rather be a beautiful plus size woman than an ignorant mean spirited person as yourself. Plus size doesn’t mean you aren’t healthy. You should have more compassion being you were a plus size women in the past. Congratulations you lost weight but just remember, you may gain it back one day. Bottom line is it’s what’s on the inside that makes us awesome not what we look like!!!!!

• Lisa

April 18, 2017 at 8:01 am

Some people’s narrow mindedness shows up everywhere they go.

3. Ulondra McCarty

April 17, 2017 at 2:42 am

This line looks fabulous where can I order this stunning apparel? ??? #stylish #sexy

4. onika

April 17, 2017 at 9:59 am

stop showing off your stupidity………you could have just jumped and passed………..ode oshi

5. Joy

April 17, 2017 at 2:15 pm

Gorgeous, Beautiful, Pretty, Modest, just what I have been looking for. Hope it’s affordable.

6. TJ

April 17, 2017 at 7:20 pm

We all can’t be a size 0 or a size 6!!!!!!! Get over it and realize that other factors are included in the weight issue. GENES, MEDICATION, POOR DIET NOT EATING THE ENOUGH!!!!! EVERY OVERWEIGHT OR OBESE PERSON DOESN’T OVER EAT OR HANG OUT AT THE LOCAL BUFFETS.

7. TJ

April 17, 2017 at 7:22 pm

These WOMAN are truly curvy not OVERWEIGHT in my eyes!!!!!

8. Renee

April 17, 2017 at 7:26 pm

I thank a woman is beautiful no matter what size, but I don’t particularly like the dresses that they’re wearing too many flowers!

9. Josettea Giles

April 18, 2017 at 3:07 am

Tempi your comment was not only degrading but it was ignorant sorry, no disrespect we need to lift each other up not woman bash each other