News

Tragic! 7-Month Old Girl Allegedly Raped by her Stepfather Dies in Katsina

Dansale Magaji. Photo Credit: PUNCH

A 7-month old girl Hauwa Ibrahim has died following injuries sustained from an alleged rape by her stepfather at Dangaski village in the Musawa Local Government Area of Katsina State.

The stepfather Magaji Dansale, who had confessed to committing the crime, married Hauwa’s mother after she separated from the deceased’s father.

Confirming the sad development to journalists on Thursday, Katsina State Commissioner of Police Usman Abdullahi said:

“It is very sad and unfortunate. The seven-month-old baby girl, Hauwa Ibrahim, raped by her stepfather died this morning. The case will now change from rape to homicide . The culprit, Dansale will appear in court as soon as investigation is completed on the incident. It is very ,very sad.”

Quoting some sources, PUNCH said that the deceased had earlier undergone successful surgery at the Turai Umar Yaradua Maternity and Children Hospital, Katsina, before the complications which resulted in her death.

The victim’s biological father, Ibrahim Nuhu, had earlier said the baby’s mother complained to him that the baby had pile, causing her to bleed from her private parts and anus. On further inspection at the General Hospital, Malumfashi, doctors confirmed it was a case of rape and insisted on police involvement.

The baby’s mother said she once woke up to find traces of blood and liquid in her baby’s private parts and the following day, the suspect gave her clothes to wash, including trousers stained with blood and semen.

Dansale, a father to six children with his late wife, was then arrested. Speaking in Hausa on why he committed the heinous crime, Dansale said:

I had sexual intercourse with the baby girl because I saw it in several dreams I had that it was the way for me to become successful in life. I dreamt that all my suffering in life would end. This is why I did it.

I truly believed that if I had sexual intercourse with her, all my predicaments would vanish. I would not have to run around to make ends meet anymore.

1. Sheri

April 13, 2017 at 7:31 pm

In some countries men get castrated for rape. Why can’t we introduce this? Some get life. Why can’t we introduce that? At least it will discourage most and make them think twice. We also need groups to educate people in rural areas against rape/molestation. This is tiring, week in, week out news like these. And our senate is yet to pass a befitting bill for sick individuals like these. Instead some are giving a 30,000 naira fine like the case of the boy who died, as if rape is a case of stealing chewing gum. I am fed up.

• Sheri

April 13, 2017 at 7:35 pm

I’m not saying rape only happens in rural areas ooooo, I just mean the word can also get out to people that aren’t a bit exposed to social media, television, etc. Places where crime goes unnoticed. (Before someone bites my head off)

• nene+

April 13, 2017 at 8:46 pm

Our senators would rather sing “Ajeku iya ni oje” than pass a law to castrate these imbeciles!!!
      This funny looking frog of human raped an infant????? God please castrate these “nama” cow men?! Strike them with impotence? and let worm eat them up!
      ??I weep for this zoo of a country!

2. Jennietobbie

April 13, 2017 at 8:00 pm

7 months old!!!!!! Let that sink.in===> 7.MONTHS!! We have a BIG problem.

3. esther

April 13, 2017 at 8:07 pm

Every screaming every rapist should be killed or sentenced to death; I do not support rape because me myself am a woman bit have we ever tried to think from the other angle which is, why would a man rape a 7 month old baby, since we no longer believe in spiritualism which I would have made me say this man is possess and need deliverance but as a society outing religion aside, let’s now look at this from science, don’t we think this people are mentally drained? That is can be a psychological issue or what are your thoughts?

• A Real Nigerian

April 13, 2017 at 8:21 pm

Our thoughts are that you should stop rambling and be more coherent.

• m4

April 13, 2017 at 9:28 pm

hahahaha i just can’t stop….

• anon

April 14, 2017 at 1:46 am

Any humanbeing who cannot stop the devil/spirits/crazy thoughts from making them harm an innocent baby is not fit for purpose. Im not about to listen to whatever the fuckedup excuse they have for comitting the crime. They did not listen to the cries of the baby, were not moved by the helplessness of the child, found pleasure in the pain they inflicted on the child. I just want to rip his cursed balls off on a monday and then on tuesdsy pull off his penis. After thst we are even, we can now listen to your reasons and talk about shit like exorcism and redemption.

4. truth

April 13, 2017 at 8:08 pm

This is the problem with miseducation and brainwashing when it comes get rich quick schemes. This was the same way one of my friend’s son was told by a stupid prophet to sleep with only men for 60 days and that then he will be rich, and the stupid young man of 25yrs, second class upper agricultural science graduate, instead of struggling and trying to make it on his own went on to sleep with men and in the process got his his feces sac torn. People must learn to be content and continue to try with what they have, instead of seeking mythical powers or other get rich quick scheme, it only ruins you at the end. SMH.May the babies soul rest in peace.

5. o

April 13, 2017 at 8:47 pm

???? the poor girl didn’t deserve this. This man must pay.

6. survivor

April 13, 2017 at 8:47 pm

Northern protectorate

7. Naina

April 13, 2017 at 9:29 pm

A 7 month old baby has no resistance. Cannot do anything but cry. A 7 month old baby needs to be carried to do anything. At most they are crawling. A 7 month old baby is still a baby. Jesus Christ. This is sickening. I don’t know how it works but don’t tell me this sort of things are not the reason Nigeria is cursed. God punish your generation. May you be raped to death.

8. john

April 13, 2017 at 11:50 pm

pls, is this one nigeria by force..cant we all go our separate ways ..paedophiles are every where but the problem with the north is that the condone and allow it..it is like a way of life for them after all their prophet was one too..7 month old baby!!! 7 month ..I serously pity the women over there, I wont wish there condition on even my enemies..They are the ones that truly need empowerment

9. Jay

April 14, 2017 at 2:17 am

Don’t know why I’ve had these three things on my mind after reading this story……. area boys, discarded car tyres and 5 liters of gasoline.

• Anon

April 14, 2017 at 5:44 pm

I think death is too good for this thing. I say complete castration. Whenever he looks at the gaping hole to in between his legs he’ll remember the cost of his crime. It’s a punishment that pays interest every second.

10. Des

April 14, 2017 at 4:49 pm

And some foolish people still believe there is a god.
    What god would let something like this happen. Was he watching or was he busy with other more important stuff?
    This child must have died in excruciating pain – I guess all glory to god.

I am so angry! Just leave me in a room with him with a plier, a hammer and a pair of scissors.