Scoop

AY apologizes to Female Fan for Snub

BellaNaija.com

BellaNaija - AY apologizes to Female Fan for Snub

Popular comedian & filmmaker, Ayo Makun popularly known as AY has finally addressed the female fan who he allegedly snubbed a few days ago. The lady and her friend allegedly traveled from Sharjah to Dubai just to take selfies with AY but left disappointed.

AY has now responded to her explaining that he was tied down with work at the time. He also offered to give her a ticket to the premiere of his new movie so she can take the selfies with him. He wrote on his Instagram page:

@precious_mabelicious I CELEBRATE YOU

Please do not allow @instablog9ja and some of those career killing commenters come between us. Who am I not to be readily available for a selfie with you? I only felt bad about you passing judgement on me without knowing that I had to leave Armani Hotel in Dubai to be on another location for ‘The wedding Party 2’ shoot.

God willing when next I am in Dubai I will make the same miles you travelled to make it up to you and your friends. Kindly ignore all the negative comments about you being described as ‘jobless’ on the blog. I have come to realise that people will always talk about you, either for good or bad, what is important is the content of your heart.

I am fully committed to loyal and true fans like you. The more fans we have the more popular we become in the business. So I have every reason be as nice as possible to people like you who made us become what we are by attending our shows, seeing our movies and supporting all creative endeavours.

But lets also quit passing quick judgement on celebrities. We must also understand that sometimes celebrities have bad days and don’t feel like being social. Famous people are human too, and they’re not always in the best mood. However, being congenial is pretty much part of our job, so we’ve got to at least avoid treating our fans terribly. Trust me to improve on myself…. And if you are in Nigeria on June 17, I do have a VIP Invite for you to be at the premiere of 10 Days In Sun City. (Enough selfie with me and the bigger stars that will make your day). One Love!

Note: Those of you who think my number one fan is jobless… DM her for your Dubai Employment Visa (if una get work like her una go comment less).

Photo Credit: Instagram – @aycomedian

1. Darius

May 26, 2017 at 8:17 am

Travelled all the way from Sharjah to Dubai just to take a selfie, without any ulterior motive. Wehdon Ma!

• Sakura

May 26, 2017 at 8:49 am

She is a fan @ Darius, I would travel the same distance for a selfie with Bono
      PS….. I did travel a long distance once (by road) to attend a Threadstone concert and my motive for the journey? To attend the concert.

• Darius

May 26, 2017 at 10:08 am

@Sakura, I never thought a Nigerian would actually take the trouble to travel a long distance just to take a selfie with a celebrity- I thought it was a white thing ( white people are crazy). It’s good to know we are ‘catching’ the craze.

• Tosin

May 26, 2017 at 1:25 pm

speaking of Bono, I just found out that U2 made crap nonsense rubbish music in the past. I love their sound now though, and I’m lucky I only discovered their music now that it’s good, really good. Just saying. They were lucky or something.

• Sakura

May 26, 2017 at 1:38 pm

@ Darius Lol!!!

• iJo

May 26, 2017 at 2:09 pm

Only Nigerians wey done chop belefull na e dey catch that kind craze

2. Olori

May 26, 2017 at 8:22 am

aaw cute. spoonful of humour. hope she accepts his sincere apologies. tbh we as “mere commoners” (lol) need to understand that these celebs are just like us duh. they have bad days too just like us. there are sometimes I won’t even say hi to anyone or reply greetings. those days are many cuz yeah i’m psycho like that lol. So long story short, cut them some slack.

3. mr. x

May 26, 2017 at 8:33 am

nice one Ay ….nice one …even if you don’t get to meet with her again, this apology has gone a long way to redeem her self esteem, which might have been affected by the incident

4. Fifi

May 26, 2017 at 10:07 am

Shiooorrr he really insulted her, i keep saying it people who make these twats feel like gods, why would i travel to go and take picture with a wife beater, tueeehhh

• Modesty

May 26, 2017 at 3:51 pm

kinda lost……… Tell me something i dont know

5. Tosin

May 26, 2017 at 1:16 pm

Not everytime complain about being snubbed, sometimes understand that people are occupied. Nna ehn.

6. Ehi

May 26, 2017 at 7:00 pm

Hmm.wife beater?

7. OA

May 26, 2017 at 8:05 pm

Chai! He come throw shade at the commenters! LOL!