Scoop

Ebube Nwagbo shares her View on Domestic Violence

BellaNaija.com

BellaNaija - Ebube Nwagbo shares her view on Domestic Violence

Ebube Nwagbo Photo Credit: Instagram – poshesteb

Nollywood actress Ebube Nwagbo has taken to her Snapchat to air her opinion on the topic of domestic violence. She expressly stated the she does not understand why a grown woman would want to to stay in an abusive relationship. She also reiterated that emotional, verbal and physical violence are all forms of domestic violence and anyone caught in that situation should flee for their lives.

See screenshots below:

BellaNaija - Ebube Nwagbo shares her view on Domestic Violence BellaNaija - Ebube Nwagbo shares her view on Domestic Violence BellaNaija - Ebube Nwagbo shares her view on Domestic Violence BellaNaija - Ebube Nwagbo shares her view on Domestic Violence

1. Kbear

May 19, 2017 at 6:56 pm

Spot on, Ebube…..and oh, you’re beautiful.

2. Hey

May 19, 2017 at 7:09 pm

BellaNaija oginiiiiiii? Which one is “hares”

3. bruno

May 19, 2017 at 7:25 pm

no woman has the right to touch a man also. if u touch a man first and he touches u back, u are on ur own. u are not a victim of domestic violence. infact since ur the one that threw the first slap or punch, u should be arrested. this is how all cases of domestic violence should be treated. the person who hits first should be arrested.

no woman has the right to beat or pour hot water or hot oil on their house help or sales girl. naija women,we know this na ur area of expertise. this is u people’s category or pounding ur house help is not part domestic violence?

a nigerian woman talking about verbal abuse, the irony tho.

• koceediva

May 19, 2017 at 11:55 pm

I don’t usually talk about this “domestic violence” stuff but the truth is you just said it all… all these women that beat their househelps ,pour hot and oil, starve them, put Peper in their private part it is also domestic violence, if you slap you boyfriend/husband or constantly rain insults on him that is also domestic violence . Yes I am a woman ooo but we let’s be honest and truthful sometimes… though I know on no occasion should a man raise his hands on a woman… but women don’t do what will warrant that hot slap too haba. Just use the ignore button.

4. Continue

May 19, 2017 at 7:50 pm

Domestic violence has turned to national Anthem

5. Not Bitter Kola

May 19, 2017 at 9:01 pm

There are so many layers to victims staying in abusive relationships, sometimes it’s not often easy to walk away. What they need is empathy and to be encouraged and counselled and also safe houses. Don’t sit on your high horse and be typing. Such simplistic views! Tsk!

6. Kay

May 19, 2017 at 11:47 pm

All these witches that form victims are the sole called teaches that beat students from abother woman silly in the name of flogging in school .
    Have u seen them maltreato their house helps? What about the nannies that beat babies? Or allowing a man to train a child / children and go to the grave not knowing his children are not his ?
    This adulterous generation with a satanic agenda.
    Instead of counselling the public on how to sustain a marriage which is an institution you are encouraging divorce.
    If u encourage war it will be ur portion. No peace to the wicked be it man or woman.

7. gentleman in alberta

May 20, 2017 at 4:10 am

I am not being sexist but some women from time immemorial have been givers of verbal, physical, and emotional abuse too. Reminiscing five years ago, my ex hounded me day and night with everything. “Why are you working for people, your mates are doing well in private business.” I moved to a new job and was given a car and she practically told me, “They will take their car in no time.” I remember a particular Sunday we were going out and she spurted, “I am better than you”. At every opportunity, she spoke to me disparagingly and even raised her hand once to strike me. Can you beat that??? There are times I wondered why i never left early. What broke the camels back was when I mentioned my desire to study for MBA abroad….she laughed so hard and in a voice laced with sarcasm, “Not everyone that study abroad make it”. When I got my visa, she doubted it and said it was impossible (God knows how she really valued me). I got my pound of flesh (Dont blame me as I have crossed that thin line between love and hate), when I scheduled to give her a treat on her birthday but I left the country the night before. She later confessed being weighed down by this trait of hers but does not know how to deal with it. Some women do need help…. I must say

• Manchy babe

June 5, 2017 at 10:36 pm

Eya, you sound like a good man. Well done. You handled the situation well.

8. Ifeyinwa Atuanya

May 20, 2017 at 9:45 am

Maybe all of you Bella Naijarians that are writing their thoughts on madams beating their house helps,

should write it on Bella Naija, and they would publish it for you

So that others can comment too

• K

June 6, 2017 at 9:18 am

Hey Ifeyinwa Atuanya! I know u. Beautiful lady from EBSU right?? Except its someone else.

9. john

May 20, 2017 at 10:59 am

@bruno …u said it all??????