News

From Uber Driver to Husband! Read these Instagram Users’ Cute Story

BellaNaija.com

Instagram users @ebiluvly and @bigsholz have shared how they met in July 2016 when the man (@bigsholz) arrived her pickup location as the Uber driver she requested for.

Fast forward to 2017 May 2017, the duo are married. They shared the cute story on their Instagram pages.

See below:

OUR UBER LOVESTORY

On the 19th of July, 2016 after a very hectic time at a Client’s office, I ordered for an Uber ride somewhere around Bourdilion Road, Ikoyi, Lagos. Then one ‘Gregory Shola – @bigsholz ’ picked up my request and called to get exact description to where I was. I described it to him and asked to let me know when he arrives. On getting to me, he said ‘goodevening Maam’, he got out of the car, took my bag, asked where I wanted to sit and opened the door for me. He was like “hope you’re okay Ma?” then I just cut in, “if you call me Ma again I will call you Sir”….lol.

Shortly after, I got a call from my Bestest Nonso and we spoke for a while as there seemed to be a very long traffic that day. At the end of the conversation she told me Afam our friend got us Ribs of fire (barbeque pork ribs) with fries. I was so excited I was singing ‘Afam is the best’…my favorite meal from Aberdeen, Scotland, UK. Then I got off the call with a better countenance than I got in the car.

Then Shola cut in saying, ‘sorry to eavesdrop into your conversation but did you say you found ribs of fire in Lagos?’ I said ‘yes’. He had this big grin on his face then said it was one of his favorite meal in Manchester, UK. Then I looked at him like, “You’ve been to the UK?” he said YES! Did a Masters in Petroleum and Gas Engineering and graduated with Distinction. I was in shock and he said you don’t believe, here is my certificate. He’s got his documents scanned on phone. So I was like why are you driving Uber then? He said well job is not forth coming and Uber provided him an Entrepreneurship platform so he grabbed it. But that day in particular, his driver lost his dad and he said rather than the car just being at home doing nothing he decided to drive. I was thrilled and we got talking on and on about life in the UK and Lagos and his aspirations. Then we moved on to his present walk with God and how he’s desirous of a higher walk with God. On getting home, I said, oh! I was going to the church for Choir rehearsal then he offered to wait and take me there. I just knew I had met an ANGEL somehow.

Amazingly, we did not speak or see till about 2 weeks later when he called me to ask about my welfare. Then about 2 weeks later again I called him and we got talking regularly.  The Sunday after he introduced me to his brother and then on my birthday 21st September, asked his Mum to call me and wish me a happy birthday and I was in so much awe as to how things were walking out. Then he pulled the biggest stunt on me.
While I was planning with my friend Nonso, to get a surprise cake and all for his birthday 12th December, he was planning something else bigger with her for me. Whoaaa! Yes! that evening after running around, we eventually went out to Hardrock Café, VI, Lagos, his favorite restaurant. At a point during dinner with friends, DJ played some of our favourite songs and then they brought cake and we sang etc. Then they said ‘madam the closed plate is for you’, I was like ‘ooooh whoaaa.. Thanks..’ When I opened and saw an engagement ring, I ran away with the cover of the plate….loool!! I Can never forget that moment….I didn’t gerrit!
We met families much later who accepted us regardless of the crisis both ethnic groups had faced earlier (IJAWS/ITSEKIRIS). By God’s infinite mercies and incredible purpose. WE ARE MARRIED TODAY “MR & MRS SHOLA & EBIEMI -.” We celebrate our Families ….oh our super mothers; brothers; friends; Sisters; Bosses; Mentors; Guardian; Pastors; Bishop; Colleague Everyone who made the entire wedding process (Introduction; Dowry Payment; Registry; Traditional & Church Wedding) super amazing like heaven on earth. We had overflow of attendance we were like Gosh!! Where did they all come from?? Indeed God’s time is the best and when God plans a thing.. it definitely ends in perfection (Proverbs 16:3). To GOD the Orchestrator of our destiny; the Way Maker; Miracle Worker & Promise Keeper; the Anchor of our hope; the Author and Finisher of our Faith; to our Jehovah Derekh HaYashar. ALL GLORY TO YOU

1. Paul Adeyemo

May 21, 2017 at 11:08 pm

Typical gold digging story of Naija women. If the guy had not shown evidence of going to Manchester for his masters, the gold digger would not have fallen in love with him. If the guy was just an NCE/OND holder driving UBER, the lady would have blanked him off. Am sure the guy has a fleet of vehicles on uber. There is a very thin line between real love and materialism. 99% of Nigerian women don’t fall in love, they fall for wealth and lie is for love.

• nnenne

May 21, 2017 at 11:46 pm

Not exactly gold digging because she is as educated as he is.
      Each brings something to the table. A symbiotic association rather than parasitic.
      Am sure the man would not talk to her if she was an akara hawker. .
      Men, women, who wan suffer?
      There’s such thing as shoe sizes!!
      HML to them.

• Delta geh

May 22, 2017 at 12:02 am

Gold digging ko. Paul Adeyemo I suggest you retire from this blog. I don’t think you have any work to do. Lemme tell you something. This lady is well educated you don’t expect her to lower her standards for anyone. The last thing a lot of educated women want is a spouse who will be feeling inferior or insecure next to them. She even said she was coming from a client’s office so guess what? She is also making her money and doing big things for herself.
      Lemme give you one more reason why she isn’t a gold digger. The guy didn’t have a job aside from uber despite the foreign degree and she still found him admirable. Me thinks the moment she talked about the ribs and he could relate and talked about them both knowing the UK, she found someone she clicked with and who had something in common with her. So before spewing nonsense and other diarrhea related things about this woman and other women in general please sit down, and properly evaluate.

May 22, 2017 at 12:13 am

Paul you just seem like a bitter, judgemental and naive hater. In life, we are just more compatible with our kind and it doesn’t make anyone bad for desiring someone who is of the same academic or socioeconomic background as they are.

Calling her a gold digger is uncalled for because you conveniently ignored the part where she mentioned his love and her love for God.
      Besides, love alone does not hold a marriage.

Go and ask the women that married men who were much less wealthy for “love” …….many African men are quick to have an inferiority complex because they are control freaks who like to feel in charge….many men become mean when they cannot provide and they insult women who have certain standards ( I’m sure you fall into that category).

If she were an akara seller looking for a millionaire I can even spare the silly talk but how dare you accuse an accomplished woman of gold digging?

When you have your daughter and send her to school till masters level you can tell her to marry an OND you hear? Leave this couple to their own fate

• unadite

May 22, 2017 at 12:48 am

Which kain gold digging? My very close friends today are customers I met in the discharge of my duties. Whenever they come visiting for issues resolution and they launch into their beautiful rant about how Nigeria is a bad country and how they would have sued our asses for gross inefficiencies if it were abroad where they live, I usually always wait for that golden moment in the conversation when I calmly chip it in that I’ve been to their country before. They are more surprised to learn that you have visited countries that NIgerians usually do not visit. They are immediately drawn to you and all their anguish, dissatisfaction are all gone. They usually ask for your number and offer to host you when next you come visiting. You see my bro, its both ways

• Cocolette

May 22, 2017 at 1:01 am

Yekpa! Turns out the man is the gold digger after all. He dumped his former girlfriend for this one when she could not feed him anymore… for people that love gist head to LInda Ikeji for the other part of the story.

• Cocolette

May 22, 2017 at 1:03 am

BN can take 10 years now to give us update ???

• abeg ee

May 22, 2017 at 1:16 am

Ehen ! So its not about love…thanks for solidifying adeyemo’s point…all these symbiotic gabbage boils down to finances.
      Nigerian wealthy man marrying poor woman is not uncommon but nigerian wealthy woman marrying poor man is almost non-existent…so save your analysis abeg…na u.k masters dey work so

• survivor

May 22, 2017 at 4:21 am

Paul was actually smarter than u all…the d real part two story is on lib

• john

May 22, 2017 at 7:57 am

@paul adeyoma …u just proved why I say nowadays women have fish brains

• Oyin

May 22, 2017 at 9:01 am

Uncle, which one is typical gold digging story ? Would you allow ur sister with an Msc from a uk university marry an OND or NCE holder? Receive sense !!!
      In this generation, u should marry someone u share similar educational status. You can yab me oo!
      After wedding, people will say wife is pompous because of her status when inferiority complex will be “worrying” the guy.

• Festus

May 22, 2017 at 9:17 am

God bless you.

2. Stelz

May 21, 2017 at 11:11 pm

We Nigerians self we have too many issues, the only reason this story is making headlines is because an actress said to an Uber driver.

3. Stelz

May 21, 2017 at 11:13 pm

An actress said NO to an Uber driver

4. what did i just read?

May 21, 2017 at 11:19 pm

Lol. I know this Guy tho. Good luck with dating him or any warri boy for just 6 months. Im getting closer to God is the biggest scam nowadays. With a practical mind you will be fine. Amen.

5. Pearl

May 21, 2017 at 11:24 pm

I will agree with you Paul, when I saw the post, I was very impressed with the couple but after going through the story, I just couldn’t help but notice how she saw all the good in an uber driver, the moment he talked about masters in UK. Warreva tho…

• unadite

May 22, 2017 at 12:34 am

Ehen? No crime here jare. Why did he mention Manchester too? People, let us be realistic.

6. Jay

May 21, 2017 at 11:27 pm

Loved the story then went to Linda ikeji and there was another version ??.

• Ms B

May 21, 2017 at 11:31 pm

Please share the 2nd version. It’s a beautiful story regardless

• Ottawa Queen

May 22, 2017 at 1:02 am

I think the 2nd version is about a lady called Fortuneh. She narrated her experience with Shola. Go to instagram and look for Fortuneh’s story. So sad sha. What a life!

• Weezy

May 22, 2017 at 3:04 am

AS IN! That is why it is a BIG MISTAKE to be trending on social media. People will come out and spill your secrets for all to see.

7. blackbeatle

May 21, 2017 at 11:29 pm

this post is about to go south from the recent update

• RichyGame

May 22, 2017 at 12:26 am

As for me, it has gone south if the 3rd party’s story is true

• survivor

May 22, 2017 at 4:26 am

It has gone south o could it be cos the couple are from south south…?

8. Somto

May 21, 2017 at 11:32 pm

@Paul I couldn’t agree with you more. It’s s fouble gbam comment. If the guy didn’t mention that he’s driver was sick and that’s why he was driving she would not have given him the time of day.

9. Smackdown

May 21, 2017 at 11:33 pm

Agree with Paul. Also there’s another ugly side to this story on Lindaikeji. If it’s true this guy is heartless

10. Bad gang

May 21, 2017 at 11:34 pm

Are we supposed to say ‘eeya’ or cry over how deee your love is? I agree with adeyemo joor na u.k parole be this…if to say na ogwashi poly graduate you for kon write story book? Go give adesua etomi your story make she act am…yimu

• Bad gang

May 21, 2017 at 11:36 pm

Deep**

11. Jean17

May 22, 2017 at 12:21 am

I knew something was off about this story. Guys, go and read @fortuneh own story about the same guy on Instagram.

Apparently he has a type, working class women that he fends off of.

• LemmeRant

May 22, 2017 at 2:12 am

“Apparently he has a type, working class women that he fends off of.”

Sounds like every Nigerian girl there is…
      Don’t know why y’all hate it when men give you a taste of your medicine.

• Derin87

May 22, 2017 at 3:22 am

So an ex told her own story and it must be true, not saying she’s lying…but y’all believe every damn thing you read on social media. While you’re checking out the ex’s post, maybe read the wife’s comment under the post, where the guy found out she was married and pregnant for someone else

12. Anon

May 22, 2017 at 12:47 am

I have to agree with Mr. Paul…she probably wouldnt have given him the light of day if he hadn’t mentioned UK. And for Chrissakes, BN pls what kind of yeye heading is that “from Uber driver to husband”..not all Uber drivers are poor or uneducated. Pls let learn to appreciate dignity in labour

• Bleed Blue

May 22, 2017 at 8:39 am

I think BN meant it in the sense that he was HER uber driver and then he became HER husband, and not in the generic sense of being an uber driver and “upgrading” to husband.

It could have been a story of “From being her doctor to being her husband” or “From being her pizza delivery guy to being her husband”….the emphasis is on the change in his role in her life, not change in “status” if you see what I mean.

Bia biko, who died and made me lawyer for BN sef?

13. heyy

May 22, 2017 at 12:53 am

Lesson: dont marry a Guy after just 6 months

14. Adeola

May 22, 2017 at 12:56 am

Ah the men in this generation sha if the other story is true! and the manner in which women get Carried away all in the name of Mrs……tis well

15. nene

May 22, 2017 at 1:27 am

story for the gods. good luck with your marriage, you will need it

16. B.

May 22, 2017 at 1:34 am

Before I read the other girl’s story I knew something was off, it felt rushed……. nawa what a way to start your happily ever after. anyways who sent her to post epistle on her ig page, now fowl nyash don open

17. Nigerian

May 22, 2017 at 1:37 am

My own be say despite the UK education, the writer did not learn the difference between “walking” and “working”? Abi na only me see that one?

• Beekay

May 22, 2017 at 11:11 am

Hahahahahahaha…..I see am too oh. Orishirishi

18. florence

May 22, 2017 at 1:43 am

Be very wary of guys who are not doing so well financially, yet propose marriage within months of meeting you. They have a lot to hide and embellish the truth about themselves inorder to be accepted. It is not normal. It is because they have seen a woman who will fend for them for life. These men also always target hardworking women who are doing well. In this day and age, say a big fat no to short courtship. .

19. Madman

May 22, 2017 at 1:44 am

One chance relationship…… Desperation doesn’t lead women anywhere. This babe was desperate for a relationship and for marriage.

• bbz

May 23, 2017 at 8:41 pm

SIGH!
      She was but then she has a lot to do especially if the other lady is saying the truth!
      God help us, starting your marriage on an already failing platform, and if the former lady did loose her baby from that beating, i pray this lady knows what she has gotten herself into.

20. Jane

May 22, 2017 at 1:47 am

y’all forget that it takes two to tangle. the guy wanted to show himself , that’s why after eavesdropping, he said he had been to the UK too. Perhaps he liked her and wanted to click at that time. do you guys forget that if the girl decided to dig gold and the guy didn’t bulge, the relationship won’t be.
    quit hating please, perhaps its their fate to have met that way. nice story. congratulations to the couple

21. aj

May 22, 2017 at 2:16 am

wow! this is so weird! I hope this lady knows what she is getting herself into?

22. Shelby

May 22, 2017 at 2:53 am

I just read the second story on linda Ikeji’s blog. All that glitters is not gold oh

23. survivor

May 22, 2017 at 4:35 am

Immediately I open this post and I saw @Paul Adeyemo comment I LIKED his sensible comment 10 times..then I moved to the next news.. Ubber ko Oba ji ni,,,some people are real demon in human form.

24. bae

May 22, 2017 at 8:22 am

Immediately I read this story I saw GOLD DIGGER written everywhere. She has been scammed into married by a gold digging monster. She was very gullible and carried away. Mrs you need all the strength for this marriage o. You fell into a trap. As for the scorned ex,rest you got away.

• bbz

May 23, 2017 at 8:45 pm

My heart aches for her ooo. Father Lord in Heaven!
      But did she not have family and close friends around to guide and advise her on how quick she was leaping… 6 months thou. That is not even enough time to get to know each other talk less of counselling.

25. olnrewaju

May 22, 2017 at 9:28 am

that Lady wouldn’t have given that guy any chance if he had not told her he got is masters in UK

26. s

May 22, 2017 at 11:37 am

Sad faced Paul, I’m guessing gold digging is your stock in trade. That’s why you were too blind to see how he played her neat like a TYPICAL Warri boy. Acting all courteous, carrying her bag, using her phone convo to introduce his UK cert (to gain acceptability), lying that his driver lost his dad so he had to work that day, talking about God to trip her, giving her time to miss him, introducing her to family sharply to blow her mind and all that. Receive small sense then read his true story here: I know you would still justify it but I’m sure your sad life would give you your rewards plus I’m taking it personal because I’m married to a warri boy and from his siblings and dad, I have seen jaw breaking unbelievable drama, still looking at my hubby with side eyes even though he’s different and he didn’t grow up with them. Next time you hear warri, borrow legs and flee

27. Yellow

May 22, 2017 at 12:50 pm

Phew it even looks like the girl funded the wedding with the though”o he has a masters from uk,he will soon find a good job” abia

28. Moyo

May 22, 2017 at 1:11 pm

The losers here are the women, the ex should be thanking God she got away and the 2nd one I hope she knows she will be the one sustaining the relationship and of course our society and religion will tell her she has to bear with all she sees in the marriage. The guy was preying on the women and they fell for it. Everyone, male, female, adults and children all have a lesson to learn here, do not have private discussion when you are with strangers. The uber driver heard something from her conversation and was able to use it.

29. Manny

May 22, 2017 at 5:52 pm

I’m glad that my sensors still work because as soon as I started reading this story, I went hmmmm this chick got played by a real player. Maybe it was the rush rush courtship. I double read the dates and I was like so soon????
    To now read that the guy na wayo.

30. OA

May 22, 2017 at 8:16 pm

Curious: Why do Naija’s like saying “I ordered for…?” Why can’t it just be: “I ordered…” As in I ordered a cake, Chinese, a cab, carryout etc. I’ve heard it too many times and think it sounds odd.

• Dee